Are you missing Botcon and Club exclusives yet?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bass X0, May 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As an Englishman, who's only choice was to purchase these at huge secondary mark up prices, on top the the large original prices.

I don't care at all.

• Like Like x 4
  2. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Miss the creative toys, but guess what, there are plenty of other places to keep my money occupied. Don't miss anything else from it. I wonder what exclusives they will come up with next year that they were planning on making.

3. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    No

4. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

Considering I only own two exclusives I'm gonna say no.

I mean I do miss the repaint and stuff but it was out of my price range so I never got to own many.

5. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Can't you just enjoy seeing pictures online? You don't *have* to buy them to be able to care about them. You can still care without owning any.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Yohane's Little Demon

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don't have any exclusives but it's always fun to look up pictures on the wiki on what kind of stuff they did.

• Like Like x 3
  7. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    • Like Like x 1
  8. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i always thought that the GI Joe club/con exclusives were much more successful than the Botcon/TF Club stuff. The Joe stuff always filled a void of more obscure figures that would ever hit retail, but the TF exclusives (aside for the Mayhem Squad), were really hit or miss to me. Maybe out of an entire club subscription year there would be one figure i wanted. Same with botcon. There are entire botcon sets that i had no interest in a single one of the figures.

9. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    I'm not a fan of repaints, so I rarely had any desire for Botcon exclusives. The Walgreens/TRU/HTS exclusives are more desirable as they frequently consist of greater quantities of remolded parts, (not just the odd head, etc).
    Both are/were expensive to import from the US, so I can't consider either of having good value.

I guess you could argue I selfishly miss Botcon exclusives as I didn't mind skipping them as much as the contemporary exclusives.

10. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not nearly as much as I would have if this had happened ten years ago. Hasbro's gotten much better at making the obscure, niche characters than they were back when FunPub really had a wide array of untouched characters to pick from. I do still miss them, because Hasbro still isn't going to do absolutely everybody, and FunPub represented another company making official Transformers. But it's not as bad as it might have been.

I suppose I would miss them more if they would have still been operating like they did in the earlier years, when any toy was available to them provided the mold was usable and Hasbro wasn't using it themselves. But near the end it appeared Hasbro was limiting them to using only current molds, and while that set of Action Masters using TR figures looked impressive, I would almost have rather had a club with the ability to dig out old (but good) Unicron Trilogy molds, or Animated molds, or early Classics molds. Specifically, as an example, while I like the Diaclone Bluestreak they gave us from the CW Prowl, how much more would I love it if it was the Universe 2.0 mold, and I know I'm not alone in that.

I miss Botcon itself, of course, but I'm fortunate to live in the Cincinnati vicinity where Pete is doing his own offshoot show that kind of partly fills the void. He's added custom classes this year where we'll be making Shattered Glass Swoop from the POTP Swoop and a Pretender shell for T30 Gears or Swerve from their Oilmaster shell, so maybe in 2019 he'll be able to bring back an exclusive toy or two, and it can be like a Botcon of old again.

11. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    need more combiners!!

12. G1 Evac

G1 Evac 1984 roller coaster car

News Credits:
    No, Hasbro has done much much better. Headmaster Arcee, TR Boxsets, are fantastic fan service while I personally felt the club was exploiting fans with bad quality fanfic repaints.

After I got Headmaster Arcee and TR Metalhawk with his POTP pretender shell, I really couldn't stand how amateur my Botcon toys look next to them. I've since sold ALL my Botcon toys, and not only did I not miss them I am super happy I don't own them anymore.

I think its a fitting end that CW G2 Boxset Breakdown is the first G2 Breakdown we can buy at retail, as the very first Botcon exclusive toy was a G2 Breakdown. To me, nothing was taken away, because we got stuff thats way better.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I miss the exclusives and the fiction. Especially since they made Beast Wars Uprising possible.
    And they made toys Hasbro never would have. Even if they also made a lot of toys Hasbro has made obsolete these past years.

14. Fallout

Fallout you finally met your nemesis

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    nope. botcon stuff was 99% of the time just shit that barely fit at prices that were too high.

• Like Like x 1
  15. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a few figures and I homestly love them for the most part. If it weren't for the Club, I wpuldn't have an almost complete IDW Wreckers line up. Even if he is small TFSS Impactor is a great reimagining to me, and Pyro and Fisitron look great alongside the Jumpstarters, Perceptor, Kup from TR and Springer, Roadbuster and Whirl from T30.

16. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I do. I didn't get a lot of their stuff given how expensive they are on EBay but I did like the look of most what they released.

2007 Dreadwind is still a grail.

The fiction was enjoyable too especially as it expanded on several series.

But God it was cruel that they didn't get to release those Actionmaster homages. They looked like some of their best ideas.

17. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    :( :( :(  Until Hasbro does (Wreckers) Rack'n'Ruin...(Fembot/Cybertronian Rebel) Beta...( Magnificent 6) Stampede...&or...(Squadron X) Macabre...new mold...redecoes...or...retools...I will continue to miss them... :( :( :( 

18. BScorpinok75

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Yes cause we didn't get these.

• Like Like x 9
  20. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yes the most important one we didn't get......
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.