Are Wheeljack and Que SEPARATE Characters?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JohnRedcorn, Dec 12, 2022.

1. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I understand that at one point Que was to be called Wheeljack, the new Wheeljack toy has very little resemblance to the Que character. Not to mention that the Wheeljack character in BBM sounds different and looks different than Que in DOTM. There are some people stuck with the notion that Que is technically Wheeljack, but then again the Blackout character was originally supposed to be Soundwave and Soundwave appeared as a totally different character in later movies.

So do you think Wheeljack and Que are officially separate characters?

2. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    I'm fairly certain he was intended to be Wheeljack, but in the movie they never refer to him as anything other than 'Que'.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rakuen_Nox

Rakuen_Nox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well if we go by the most consistent source of Bayverse lore that actually tried to tell a cohesive story (the IDW comics).

Wheeljack started off as an engineer who helped sentinel prime bring a sun into cybertron’s orbit and looked like this:
    8E0777B0-3280-4BFF-B40D-1DBCB8D49FB8.jpeg

Then he got his face shot off by Shockwave a couple of months before the events of DOTM and Ratchet rebuilt him but only had enough parts to wind up with an Einstein looking noggin. Wheeljack then decided to chance his name to Que out of love for old Bond films….

Now rise of the beasts takes place between these two timelines so he could very well still experience the same ‘makeover’ BUT we all know that the new films are a reboot for all intents and purpose so quite simple even if Bay Wheejack and Bay Que ARE the same character they still wouldn’t have anything to do with ROTB Wheeljack…. Who himself has ALSO had a massive facial reconstructive surgery between installments.

Ironically regardless of the continuity movie Wheejacks all start G1 and then decide to go for a creepy bespectacled old man look! How’s that for some character consistency?

• Like Like x 4
  4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I think it'll make a hell of a lot more sense if they are.

So to answer your question with regards to these films, its like a 50/50 shot.

5. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's meant to be Bumblebee/Goldbug situation. Or more recently B-127 to Bumblebee.

Although Que doesn't look like Wheeljack I think he still acts like Wheeljack, a cooky inventor that makes gadgets that sometimes malfunctions ala when Sam tried to use the second boomstick that Wheeljack gave him to save Bee from being executed by Soundwave.

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    A young version of Que.

7. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    IMO yes.

8. JonzyYT

JonzyYT Studio Series is great again!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Well the DOTM credits say this:

Screenshot 2021-10-10 2.31.08 AM.png

So no, they are supposed to be the same. Plus the comics established that as well.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Cyborgraptor

Cyborgraptor Well-Known Member

If you're talking about ROTB Wheeljack, it still up in the air with the continuity, but as for the plain Bayverse, Que being Wheeljack was originally the plan.
    Screenshot_20221212_144318.jpg

But something happend in post production and Que was born. The inly difference between him and Dino's equally confusing identify, is that, like what was posted earlier in the thread, Que is created as "Que/Wheeljack" so I think it's kinda your choice. If you want him to be Que, he's Que! But if you want to think of him as Wheeljack, with Que being a nickname, then you can do that too!

Side note: I will go againt my words though for Dino. Since, unlike Wheeljack, who at least has his G1 characteristics, Dino has nothing compared to Mirage like they planned him to be in concept art/supplementary material. He's just Italian and has blades...that's it. I know Mirage is very Mirage in the DOTM game, but I'm not sure I'd count that as canon.

10. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I like Michael Bay but I can't believe we literally have to debate what a character's name is lmao. Bay was always weird with naming the Transformers and sometimes wouldn't even have a name picked out as they were filming the movie.

Que/Wheeljack
    Dino/Mirage
    Brawl/Devastator

• Like Like x 2
  11. jungle penguins

jungle penguins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The name changes seem to be based on what he thinks fits more or sounds cooler. Que because James Bond was a big influence (though Spielberg was the one who wanted the Einstein head for Que), Dino because Ferrari, Devastator because cool name.

I think the artists were on the right path for the reinventions, even though I don't really like Wheeljack and Mirage's final forms that much. I feel like new names should be reserved for characters they can't figure out, though then it usually means Hasbro throws out a name like Crosshairs.

Still love this Mirage concept though: [​IMG]

12. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Que is Wheeljack is Que

• Like Like x 2
  13. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DOTM itself doesn't use "Wheeljack" beyond the credits. Tie-in media does use both Que and Wheeljack, but the films often ignore the tie-in media, so how "canon" they are is up to you.

Whether ROTB Wheeljack will have any actual connective tissue with DOTM beyond half-sharing a name, we have to wait and see. (similarly who knows if there will be any real links between ROTB and ROTF Arcee).

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    So should we also be calling the Wreckers by their sponsor names?

I wish we could just have one TF movie where someone's name isn't fucked up or confusing or something.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Midas

Midas All that glitters.

Slightly off course but I reckon the WJ in ROTB is a different WJ to the one from Bumblebee and he's just a geeky nerd paying tribute to his favourite inventor by using his name.

Man, he aged horribly in like 16 years

• Like Like x 1
  16. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Maybe he's badly damaged beyond repair.

17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    “My name’s Que”

Not Wheeljack.
    And they say Dino, not Mirage.

And the movie is not beholden to the book or comics, the comics not beholden to the book or film, and the book not beholden to the film or comics.

• Like Like x 2
  18. BWIguanusfan2

BWIguanusfan2 fan of BW Iguanus

YouTube (Legacy):
    In my opinion it makes sense for the young Nerd emoji face bot to grows up to be robotic Einstein scp he can be Que/wheeljack. The real question is if the bumblebee flashback wheeljack is retconed to be -downshift- cliffjumper.

19. cybeast

cybeast Freelancer Pun Maker

News Credits:
    That certainly bring up a lot of QUE-stion.

The Transformers: The Movie - Wikipedia