Are unused vintage stickers on sheet still usable?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Faithfulfly, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Faithfulfly

Faithfulfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Hello. I just purchased a toy from the mid eighties with an unused sticker sheet. It's for a Matchbox Flash Force 2000 Chopper. Has anyone attempted to use vintage stickers before? I'm wondering if they may be dried out or possibly just crumble if I try to remove them. Thanks!

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they are not crumbled, they should still be usable.

I have unused sticker sheets from more than 20 years back that still stick - allow my kids to peel them and use them in the last year.

However, I would like to point out how well the sticker adheres to the toy also depends on the quality of the sticker glue and is also dependent on the surface area.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Faithfulfly

Faithfulfly Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I just received the sticker set in the mail. The sheet is about 35 years old and at least one sticker has been partially pulled up. Does anyone have any advice on how to clean the partially pulled up one and get it to stick again? I'm crossing my fingers that the others are still usable. A part of me just wants to leave them off but they really complete the look of the toy when applied. Is there anyone who does rare repo sticker sets such as this?

IMG_4370.JPG IMG_4369.JPG

4. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    A minute amount of elmer's glue. You'll have to be extra careful wiping the excess off since it tends to saturate the paper and thus make it prone to ripping.

• Like Like x 1