Are two Micromasters REALLY worth the same as one Legends?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kwanzaabot, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They could do with being a bit cheaper yes. But I do like them more than the old circular Data Discs. They are a modest improvement over RID Minicons too - but those were a lot cheaper usually. Battlemasters are perhaps more of an example of price gouging.

I don't see much wrong with most of the Generations "Legends" there is some that need a new mould though - but I'd want them to be compatible with the last 2/3rds of Prime Wars stuff overall.

Cosmos, Warpath, Swerve, Gears, Huffer and Pipes need doing before anyone gets to thinking about doing YET ANOTHER Windcharger. I'm not going to complain if they make Bumper, Cliffjumper, Hubcap, and another Bumblebee though as I'm not a huge fan of the last one. Brawn and Windcharger are mostly fine though. They can keep the cockpits in them though since they have the excuse of Jetfire/Skyfire having one too.

Though there is an argument to be made to having another go at the Insecticons or at least remoulding / repainting them to match better.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    The Battlemasters are little dudes who turn into guns. The Micromasters are two little dudes who turn into individual weapons and then combine into a bigger weapon.

3. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's called the Goldilocks principle.

And sad as it is to say, then next time we get Legends, they won't be $10.

• Like Like x 2
  4. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Neither are worth it IMO, but I'll be damned if I am not still buying them all (both legends and micromasters).

5. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    I have 2 answers, The regular micromaster 2 packs are absolutely worth it. The Ravage and Laserbeak set absolutely not. Ravage is a POS and Laserbeak is just alright. They should have been included with Soundwave to begin with.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nuticon

Nuticon Well-Known Member

Def not worth the tag, as is the whole siege line.

Best to wait for the inevitable sales a la titan masters/pretenders/etc

Everytime a line comes out i cant believe the price cuts. Some come pretty early too. Makes you feel like a chump payin just to get em right when they come out. Tfs are barely rare to find anymore

7. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From a buyer standpoint, probably not.

From a Hasbro standpoint, as standard and cost of living advances globally, labor is probably outpacing plastic as an expense. More pieces equal more complexity. Transformers are probably harder to automate by far than simpler figures would be. Because every figure is different, they basically have to be hand assembled. I imagine most toys are hand assembled but a 5 points of articulation figure or a game system can probably be done on a machine assembly line whereas I think you need a fair amount of human brainpower to assemble Transformers.

8. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    In relative terms. More like reverting to the mean.

Before "American" corporations sent this stuff to the Middle Kingdom of Hindustan, labor was accepted as necessary and lower margins were also accepted. Offshoring to the third world, with its poverty and low standards, produced unnaturally cheap labor and wide margins. And everybody got used to it with all sorts of warped expectations and entitlements.

Now with the third world catching up and expecting to be paid more than pennies, corporations can't cope without free money. They feel entitled to all of this fluff that unnaturally wide margins temporarily provided. So obviously the only course of action is to raise prices. Except, it's a whole lot easier for the market to handle falling prices than rising ones.

You know what it's like? Ever watch stories about actors that fell from fame? They made millions on TV...built huge mansions and jet fleets and expensive drug habits. Then, one day, the choice parts stop coming in. But the house payments and hangar rent and drug habit are still there. They don't adjust and either die or wind up in prison for some botched crime.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I like the Micromasters and will likely buy all or most of them from Siege. I have all of wave one and two.

I would prefer the Legends class as they offer a better toy, but I’m not against the Micromasters. At first I was against the Battle Masters but ended up ph king up wave one when I saw them.

I hope the future is Battle Masters, Micromasters and Legends, offering everyone what they want,

10. Iruini

Iruini Some shitposter

I mean the micromasters are the same size as the battlemasters, who are 5 dollars, and having two in a packaging means 5+5=10, The math checks out. I miss legends but two small figures with knees and the occasional elbow for 10 is pretty good in my book

11. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Worth it money wise? Sure

Worth it at the expense of no legends class? not for me

Not gonna stop from buying the ones I want, but I definitely prefer the legends scale releases over the micromasters

• Like Like x 1
  12. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    Not sure why people believe that size class won't return at some point. Enjoy the Micromasters for now or don't. I'm fine with something new for a while. I can't believe all the things we were told we would never get again for Transformers that we absolutely did get. Headmasters, cassettes, city bots/Titans, Micromasters, Targetmasters, the list goes on. The only constant is change. Just hold on. I absolutely think they're worth the price. Some could stand to be a touch better but for the size and what they do, yeah. No problems here.

13. Victory Force

Victory Force Transformers Weeb

No, case closed

14. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:

?

Beast Wars/Machines Basic class were $5. Are you honestly saying figures like Terrorsaur or Hammerstrike aren't worth $5 of 1999 money? Or by older do you mean G1?

15. Soma

Soma Well-Known Member

Definitely not. I'd like them to get through the teams so interested people can have their updates, but I want legends to return.

16. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I mean the various iterations of minicons (legions, cyberverse, titanmasters, etc) weren't worth $5. What we know as the "legend" (or basic) class today is where price and value actually start to get near each other. That range extends up through about "voyager" class and then starts diverging again.

Attached Files:

17. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    For me, Yes and no.

Yes. between the playability between combining all the pairs of MMs to make different weapons, as well as fun in titan cities makes me think it's good.
    No. Losing the Legends class is a big hit imo, especially considering just how good they've been lately....That's bad...

I read this with Sans text noises.....No, I don't want a bad time. *walks back*

18. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    At the time, it was just me at a loss with words as to how I feel about this topic. On one hand, I love Micromasters. On the other, we're only getting half of each featured patrol. Hence "eh".

• Like Like x 2
  19. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Yeah, I now. It's just how my brain works.

• Like Like x 1
  20. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    I can't help but think asymmetric dominance may play a part with class prices too. I'm not sure about US pricing, but Legends and Micromaster price points have not been particularly far off the price for a deluxe where I live.
    This creates a perception of better value for money in the deluxe and voyager price-points, which may tip the consumer to make the more expensive purchase when comparing the products.

I'm assuming deluxe class is the bread-and-butter and not a loss leader for the line. Even so, it would still reinforce that Voyager and leader classes are much better value than the smaller classes, pushing the consumer away from the smaller classes in steps.

I do love micros, but I honestly haven't seen any in the flesh yet.

• Like Like x 1