Are three trailers for Bumblebee already revealing too much?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by NemesisPrime12, Sep 29, 2018.

1. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The third trailer was very unexpected. It shows more Cybertron and Blitzwing scenes, but have they already revealed too much? Especially the cybertron scenes?

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    "It's been so long since the last trailer, they're not showing anything from the movie, this is a bad sign!"

"They released two trailers at once, they're showing too much of the movie, this is a bad sign!"

Hgkhgfjhhmghhgdhkgjgf omg why always the worry. The Cybertron scenes are pointless to the film, the bulk of the story and character moments are still unseen. We're fine.

• Like Like x 9
  3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I dont feel they have revealed so much as of now.

Plus we've known there would be scenes set in Cybertron for a while now, so that is neither surprising

• Like Like x 1
  4. Azuzu98

Azuzu98 Hyped as fuck for Rise of the Beasts

News Credits:
    The only major thing spoiled in the trailer imo was
    dropkick's death
    other than that it's fiiine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mirage00

Mirage00 Master of Hiding

BTW for those who don't know, in one of the cybertron scenes in the background you can see Wheeljack and Arcee running and shooting.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not even close. The more they reveal the more spectacular this film appears to look. I'm still beside myself after the second trailer, the 3rd trailer got me even more excited. Everything I've seen so far has been "perfect" and I'm incredibly critical when it comes to motion pictures. It's so hard to believe that its actually happening. We're finally getting an official Transformers movie that we deserve. Who in the F*ck is Travis Knight anyway? How can this nobody out of nowhere just come in and just immediately put Michael Bay to shame? The shots, the angles, the colors, the transformations, clear and observable action sequences where you can actually tell who the Robots are and what they're doing. I can't thank this dude enough, I hope he releases a 4th Trailer:) 

• Like Like x 4
  7. NemesisPrime12

NemesisPrime12 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with everything you've said, except this part. I think if there's a 4th trailer, it will spoil some more important parts.

8. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    I beg your pardon! Travis Knight did not come out of nowhere (but it's his first live-action movie debut). You merely need to expand your sphere of movie influence ;P

For people who hear about Travis Knight for the first time. He's a co-creator of LAIKA studio. An animation studio that works with stop-motion animation. It means that for each of their movies they build 3D real-life miniature sets and fill them with hand-made figures. They make a frame shot of the setting, rearrange the pieces and make another frame shot. Rinse and repeat. Very time consuming, but so fun to watch on their behind the scene videos. Knight directly directed only Kubo and Two Strings. Other works of LAIKA include Coraline, ParaNorman and Boxtrolls. Currently they are working on Missing Link. What we can take away from this is that Travis Knight has experience in animation and working with models in 3D landscapes. An experience necessary to make a convincing movie of characters that don't exist physically on the set. I think it's an element that was missing in Bay movies (but I think that still a lot of Bay's tricks will be used in future TF movies). From the trailers you can already see that he knows where to put a transformer on the set. For people who hasn't watched any of the mentioned movies. Most of them are character driven and they usually have a second depth to them plus a plot twist.

Bumblebee has a lot of character-driven moments in the trailer. While I like good action, such moments are the things I was missing in majority of the movies put out of Hollywood in recent years. So I am really looking forward to the movie not only because it's a TF movie, but it appears to be my favourite type of genre. I do hope Travis stays with the franchise if not directing than at least as a producer. I'd hate to see him stuck only to big movies, because I love the originality of LAIKA.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    If bay managed to make 5 Transformers movies, if Bee is a runaway box office hit, there’s no reason why he can’t have his own three to five transformers movies or until he runs out of creative juices and decides to give another good director a try.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    The trailers are doing exactly what they're supposed to. Show all the G1 shit to get the 80s kids on board and to get them into the theaters.

I doubt the Cybertron stuff will last over a minute.

• Like Like x 1
  11. AcidStorm5

AcidStorm5 Banned

In my opinion that’s a HUGE stretch since we only seen the back of them and you have to zoom in a lot to the point of the image being pixelated.

12. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Arboreal Frippery

I mean she has the pink booty & white thighs + the back pauldrons...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't think they gave away too much.

Yes we have those bits on Cybertron but it doesn't really tell us anything about what is going on and how it relates to Bumblebee on Earth. We get some really cool shot to show a little love for the G1 Geezers and it looks like it's setting up a fight or several fights, but that's it. Heck it's a perfect tease because now people are going to want to see the movie to see what other Decepticons and Autobots might show up in the movie.

Really didn't give away any massive plot points. We find out the Decepticons are going to trick the humans into helping them, but come on it's not like it's the first time the Decepticons have actually done something deceptive in a Transformers story.

Just enough slice of life parts to give you a feeling of this movie isn't going to be just like the Bay movies. A nice little feel of hey it looks like the humor is going to be kind of universal so perhaps it will not matter what your age is or if English is your first language.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    I don't think so since I don't think Bee is here looking for the Allspark anymore

• Like Like x 1
  15. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Sorry, I just look very gouda. That was cheesy.

We haven't seen Wheeljack, so no...

16. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

Depends on how they edit the footage