Are there variants of ML Apocalypse?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Ogami Daigoro, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

I saw an Astonishing Wolverine today at Target and it had a different colored Apocalypse leg. This one was black on the thigh and blue below. I had bought Astonishing Wolverine a month or so ago and mine has blue all throughout the leg. I don't remember seeing anything about variants for the Apocalypse build-a-figure, so what's up?

2. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Yup.

http://aftimes.com/bbs2/messages/13921.html

I like the repaint tons better, but I was already nonplussed about 4/6 of this wave. Only ended up buying them all b/c I found the variants and even then, I had to pick up Maestro, a figure I have zero interest in. I'll be damned if I'm buying all six over again.

3. Ogami Daigoro

Thanks for the info. He does look pretty menacing in black, but I'm used to seeing him in blue. Is the black version like Age of Apocalypse or something? I'm not that familiar with his character outside of the X-Men cartoon :D 

4. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

No, the AoA Apoc is still blue, but I think he has some red in places. He also has a cape(I think a blue cape with a red collar). Basically, his whole design is different, but it's still very Apocalypse.

EDIT: Here's a Pic

5. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    I saw the Apocalypse Series yesterday, but didn't even think to notice the color. I was too preoccupied by the fact that Target managed to skip both Sentinel and Legendary Riders. :banghead: 

I did, however, notice that Maestro is now shipping with the arm cable for Apocalypse.

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like the darker Apocalype better ....If I ever complete one that is. So far I've only got Sasquatch with the dark part. I'll only buy Iron fist, and Wolverine if I see their variants. If this miraculously happens then I'll get the rest and complete my Apocalypse.

7. Ogami Daigoro

Cataclizm, you should check out House of Heroes on 182nd and Prairie. They did have the Iron Fist and Wolverine variants, at least a week ago they did.

8. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    House of Heros, eh? How are their prices? What other kinds of things do they carry? Might have to check them out next time I'm in the neighborhood.

9. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Eh, I see no point to a variant of a BAF. Little guys are bad enough but I'll be damned if I'm spending for 6 more figures.

10. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Technically, I think this qualifies as a running change, not what we typically think of as a ML variant. The wave initially shipped with the Blue Apoc; for whatever reason, they jiggered with him and now the wave ships with the black one. If blue ones still turn up, it's because that store is slower getting their stuff to the pegs.
    The guy who originally posted about it over on AFTimes even mentioned that all the figs in the case had the black parts. So, it's marginally better than if the black parts were only randomly packed with like, 2-3 figs in the case, but yeah...be damned if I'm buying a whole wave twice.
    They're pushing things already with five variants in a 6-figure wave, IMO. Not that I felt compelled to buy both versions save for the first decent unmasked Wolverine.

11. OmegaSaber

OmegaSaber Your buttcheeks is warm

Ebay:
    He was initially supposed to be black like on the package pictures but for some reason they shipped him blue (possibly because...it's accurate?). They caught the change and started shipping them the way they were meant to be.

12. Ogami Daigoro

They're mostly a comics store, but sells figs that are comic-related. Prices are decent for ML, but the variants were in the $20s.

13. AlphaPrime

AlphaPrime Neo Autobot Commander

Jesse always wanted him to be black but like it has done before the factory that does ML screwed up and did his limbs in blue so now its been changed to what it was supposed to be in the first place hehe.