Are there plans for PCC drone "booster packs"?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mightion, Aug 14, 2010.

1. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    I keep hoping that some 3rd party company will come out with PCC drones with bot modes. Seems pretty unlikely, though.

2. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

That's a great idea if the PPC line evolves to having a line of bots who turn into limbs for a PPC commander. Like Wing Saber did for E-Optimus Prime. Though with all the hate the PPCs have been getting I'm led to believe the Dinobot and Constructicon sets will be the last of it's line to be released.

I was just about to write that. As much as I'd like to see booster packs of drones for the Commanders who don't have drones. I highly doubt it'll happen.

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I could see Takara doing it (they did Micron Booster packs for Micron Legends and Superlink)...but that would require them to release their own version of Power Core Combiners in the first place.

4. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    I think they could sell Drone + Minicon packs. Every figure plus drones have minicon ports, so you always want more Minicons.

5. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I could see something like the KMart exclusive mini-con set with eight drones in it getting released eventually.

I think it'd be cool if they did a blind packed thing like those Star Wars helmet magnets that Target has with the trading cards, but I know that won't happen.

The only other possibility I can think of would be an Attacktix-style booster pack release, but that seems very unlikely - I doubt there's enough of a demand for something like that to be successful.