Are there more Kingdom (or in general) Rhinox toys in the world than living rhinos?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BWIguanusfan2, Oct 9, 2021.

?

are their more Kingdom Rhinox(s) then rhinos?

1. yes

20 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. no

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. BWIguanusfan2

BWIguanusfan2 Well-Known Member

all living Rhino species are critically endangered, with an estimated 27000 rhinos currently being live out of all species, though some sources high ball it to 30000 rhinos. my question is: have more Kingdom (or in general) Rhino figures have been produced then living rhinos?

• Like Like x 4
  2. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    Unfortunately there probably are if we count all the rhinox toys

which is a bit of a sad thought.

• Like Like x 7
  3. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    ^ this, i dont think just kingdom as there seems to be a shortage, but if you include the old ones yeah im postive the numbers add up

4. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Fall Passions

News Credits:
    30,000 Rhinox’s may seen insane, but just consider global numbers.

In the US, there are around 4,700 Walmarts, and around 1,800 Targets. Lets say every one of those gets at least one Rhinox, thats 6,500. Then when you consider all the online retailers in the US alone, you could easier get up to another several thousand. It would be a safe bet to say 10,000 units were at the very least brought to the US, though it’s most likely more.

Now factor in other countries. Japan, UK, Canada, the rest of Europe, Southeast Asia, China.

A lot of people like to lowball numbers, I guess because they don’t see a figure in person and assume it more of less doesn’t exist, but Hasbro is a global company, and the world is a very big place. 30,000 is rookie numbers. I mean theres only going to be what, 11,000+ Star Sabers? And that was done as crowdfund because Hasbro was worried if they made the normal amount they would at retail, they wouldn’t have sold them all. So to say Rhinox is barely above that isn’t true at all. They could order 100,000 units for all we know.

• Like Like x 3
  5. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Watch for waspies

That's...super sad to think about. Thanks.

6. Slagwave

Slagwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Adding a post I made a couple months ago in the Kingdom Rhinox review thread. Although definitely not out of the woods yet, some species of rhinoceros are actually mounting a (relatively) promising comeback*!

The Southern white rhinoceros, in fact, has gone from Critically Endangered to Nearly Threatened (second only to Least Concern in population status) during my *mumblemumble* years on this planet. So I feel there's tangible hope for my favorite animal, and that's worth clinging to.

* "Almost at the edge of extinction in the 20th century, the southern white rhinoceros has made a tremendous comeback. In 2001, it was estimated that there were 11,670 white rhinos in the wild of southern Africa with a further 777 individuals in captivity worldwide, making it the most common rhinoceros in the world. By the end of 2007, wild-living southern white rhino had increased to an estimated 17,480 animals. In 2015, there are an estimated population of 19,682–21,077 wild southern white rhinoceros." ~ Southern white rhinoceros - Wikipedia

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    That's kinda depressing but worth pondering. I think I recall someone saying in another thread that it would have been cool if they had done some kind of animal conservation charity thing as part of Kingdom (I still have my Fansproject promo toy from the Japanese Tsunami relief campaign).

But at least we can sleep safe knowing that there are more real UFOs out there than Cosmos toys.

• Like Like x 3