Are There Any Movie/ROTF Ultra Class Toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Movie PRIME, May 24, 2009.

1. Movie PRIME

Movie PRIME Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I now this may be a dumb question, with Devs I have now seen every class of toy represented in the Movie/ROTF line, but Ultra. Now I have not looked up toy by toy, so I cant say for sure, but I cant think of one off the top of my head. So I ask you my Transformer brothers, and sisters if there is, and if not if you know why not?

I ask this because I picked up Onslaught today at Target on clearance, and it got me thinking. I mean there are so many big bots in the Movie Universe so why jump from Voyager strait to Leader?

2. megatronski

megatronski Flamewar's strongest soldier

News Credits:
    No not every size class. Minicons!

3. Movie PRIME

Movie PRIME Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is Minicon a class? I thought Minicon was the name of the small Transformer in Armada, not the name for all small Transformers. I thought the Universal name for small Transformers was Legends Class.

Hmmm but I could be wrong.

4. Ian7

Ian7 LOOK AT MY SIG AND CLICK

Movie 1 line had two Ultra Class Cybertron repaints as TRU exclusives, Wingblade and Jetstorm (Wingsaber and Jetfire repaints respectively).

Minicon is "technically" a class, as the majority of minicons are smaller than the average Legends figure anyway.

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if one or all of the Universe Ultras (Onslaught, Powerglide, Silverbolt) got repainted into RotF filler.

6. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I could see a Powerglide repaint coming, with the A10's being used in the movies.

7. butz

butz slippery when wet

I wish they would use Minicon class in the movie line; Scalpel, Wheelie, and Frenzy could all be sold in a 3-pack! The appliance bots could be another! Could probably even work in those Insecticon/ball bearing things.

8. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, stupidly, there is no ROTF ultra class. Which is unfortunate; characters like Demolisher and the Fallen may have turned out a bit better at that budget.

Then again, the first movie introduced an Ultra class by way of the 2 TRU Cybertron repaints, and Universe slipped in Inferno as a new mold Voyager when they had originally only planned repaints for that size class. Hopefully we'll see something.

9. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Sort of. Mini-Con as a size class has not existed until now, when some of the Universe Kmart Mini-Cons were released single-carded in.... well, I'm not totally sure where, if at all. The price is not significantly different from Legend prices, which tend to vary these days.

Standard size classes are Legend, Scout, Deluxe, Voyager, Ultra, Leader, and Supreme. We have nothing in ROTF for Ultra or Supreme yet (Devastator is twice the cost of a Supreme). I'm sure we won't bother having a proper Supreme. As for Ultras, I think that size class was ignored because Hasbro may have originally wanted that class left free for Universe, if it continued alongside ROTF. Since that's not the case... dunno. Repainted exclusives aside, probably not this year.

10. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Human Alliance are about the right size and price point to be considered Ultras.

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Human Alliance is essentially ROTF's Ultra class.

12. Radioactive Ravage

Radioactive Ravage Ancient

^This.