Are there any 3P Gestalts that don't have any "kibble pieces?"

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by MnemonicSyntax, Jul 1, 2014.

1. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    So I like the idea of Gestalts and a lot of 3P offerings are very nice. But I absolutely do not like the idea of separate pieces. Foot panels, fists, chest pieces, heads, etc. Is there a 3P Gestalt out there that doesn't have any this and everything is incorporated into the combined form?

2. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do GoBots count as third party?

3. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Don't think there's a 3rd Party one, but FOC Bruticus is that way...and largely sucks as a result.

4. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFC Hercules is probably the closest, the hands have a place in alt mode kinda but thats the main thing thats "extra". Almost all other gestalts have feet not formed just by the leg bots so incorporating a foot would be hard to do.

5. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

Just to be a smart ass about it, but aren't all combiners kibble free in their gestalt mode? :lol  :tongue: 

But seriously, Hercules is probably the closest to being kibble free. I kinda wish they had better options for hiding the gestalt fists in the individual bot modes but I still prefer Giant overall.

6. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

Herc only needs hands. everything else is part of the bots. some people have upgraded other pieces, but stock all he needed was hands…

7. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    By the logic of 'Herc only needs his hands, and they hang off of the robots backs like giant tumors when not being used' Giant only needs his generator forearm/hand combo's, and they can either store on Mixmasters back and make a jet pack, form two giant drill weapons, or give Scavenger giant fun hands.

8. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    Look, someone has a preference!

9. Sanddeath

Sanddeath Cat.... transform!!

Yeah giant is closest. Even the chest plate stores in vehicle mode and can be used as a hand shield. And yeah the forearms can be used in robots modes and everything is used. No hands uselessly hang off the back.

10. Dek

Dek Y R U Reading This?

What about MMC's Feral Rex? His hands and feet combine to make either a gun for Bovis and Fortis or a backpack for their robot/animal mode. All the knives/swords and guns, can be pegged in to either mode, and they even combine to form Feral Rex's sword and X-ray cannon. Absolutely nothing has to be put to the side in any of the Feralcons different modes.

11. ronin4375

ronin4375 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maketoys Giant, MMC Feral Rex, and Fansproject M3 are best out there. If u want a combiner the way u want, get hasbros FOC deluxe size bruticus set or engineer your own.

12. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    *Looks around* Who? Where? :p 

13. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Not 3rd party, but:

FOC Bruticus
    RiD Railracer
    Beastwars Tripredicus

14. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For me, that was the appeal of the stock Hercules. I get that folks wanted it to be more G1, which inspired the Rage of Hercules set... but eh... the figure is by and large impressive because it only needed a pair of hands to fully combine.

The next best thing would possibly be Fansprojects Colossus kit... where there are no real superfluous addons. *EVERYTHING* has a place in all modes. Any combiner kibble transforms into fully functional weapons for the individual Combaticons.

I'm still hoping that some 3rd Party gets to making Liokaiser, a G1 combiner known to have virtually no combiner kibble, save for the combiner head. I'm sure with modern toy engineering... a group can make a *fantastic* Liokaiser that takes care of that one minor bit easily enough.

15. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    M3/Intimidator. Unless you count the back half of Diesel's trailer as one very large piece of kibble.

16. jop

jop Sesquipedaliacon

I'm just going to throw in that:

1. TFC's Neckbreaker can also use Hercules' fists to achieve giant fun hand mode;

2. Perhaps more importantly, both fists can be stored relatively innocuously behind his shoulders as a backpack of sorts (which I think goes a fair way toward addressing kibble cancer-related criticism):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Personally, I think the two teams are equally matched when it comes to incorporating gestalt kibble. I can see however how fans may be swayed one way or another depending on whether they prefer TFC's more integrated approach (with the fists and forearms being blended directly into the vehicle modes of Exgraver and Neck Breaker) or MakeToys emphasis on disguise aesthetics (leaving the pieces separate but far more passable trailers).

17. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    I believe Syntax wants a combiner where their is zero partsforming and no additional parts needed outside the base figures.

That's like asking a company to squeeze four elephants in to a can while balancing on a tight rope as they sing an opera. The complexity and sheer genius required to make it work is through the roof.

And the only way to pull it off without needing that is to make a terrible combiner.

18. Alteron_Sheng

Alteron_Sheng 'Tis an Kitbasher & Elder TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I am not certain I can agree, Aza... G1 Liokaiser managed to do this (outside of the Liokaiser helm, which could be integrated into the Leozack toy in a modern intergration comparable to the classics jetfire 'battle' helm).
    And updated version of Liokaiser thus likely could pull this off
    Everything else though...
    *shrugs* They're gestalts, as long as teh kibble has unobtrusive storage locations in alt and bot modes I've no complaints^^

19. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    The problem with your example is that was a g1 toy that had to do far far less than modern combiners have to.

Modern combiners need:

- three distinct modes
    - extensive range of posability
    - very nice aesthetics and especially proportions

If say you wanted a combiner hand integrated in to an arm bot, where would said hand go? It can't store in the legs because then it'd need to split in half and a large portion of those legs would be hollow and empty as soon as you fold it out.

But a combiner foot would be even harder. You can make it work with leg bots who have lower halves designed to be able to form in to foot-like shapes such as devastator but any car or truck or jet would have problems since combiner feet have to be very large.

Best case scenario even if you could say have the aerialbots lower legs become feet then the lower legs of superion would have a large portion of their height taken away since those pieces would be folded out to form the toe and heel.

I'm not saying integrated parts is impossible it just complicates things so much that it becomes a nightmare to design around and even if pulled off that nightmare would be reflected in a very steep price tag.

20. ronin4375

ronin4375 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How about just go ahead buy the AWESOME DARK OF THE MOON DEVESTATOR