Are the Walmart reissues better quality than the originals?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TFsound1, Apr 22, 2020.

1. TFsound1

TFsound1 Well-Known Member

I own the mini-bots and I get the impression that they are better made. I own a broken G1 Bumper and Pipes, and I used to own the G2 minibots. The G1 Walmart reissues seem to be made of a better quality plastic and appears to be more sturdy. Unfortunately, I don't own any of the originals to really confirm what is better quality. I feel the Walmart reissue of Devastator was better made than the G2 Devastator, but maybe it's because my G2 Devastator is older and I was more rough on it as a child?

As for the cassettes and the seekers I get the impression that the originals and the reissues are the same in quality. What do people think of the Walmart reissues compared to the original? Are some of them of better quality than the original?

2. PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks

PurpleAndBlackSmokeStacks Well-Known Member

Originals are of better quality, no question.

• Like Like x 2
  3. computron179

computron179 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The originals are definitely a better quality then the Walmart reissue of them.I have original G1 Soundwave , all the cassettes , and the minibots . I also bought all those reissues as well as Starscream

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Your impression may depend on the condition of your surviving originals. If they have material deterioration due to exposure to heat, for example, they may seem of lower quality than new plastic.

• Like Like x 2
  5. TFsound1

TFsound1 Well-Known Member

Maybe. Like I said, the seekers seem to be the same in quality. I own G1 Cosmos and Wheelie and they seem to be doing great after all these years. My B1 Bumper is a wreck, but maybe it's because I destroyed it as a child.

• Like Like x 1