Are Robot Replicas any good??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by qwerty, Jun 9, 2009.

1. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

are they worth the purchase? how are their quality?

2. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like them, but they have their faults.

The first film's have Revoltech-style joints and are more posable than the mainline movie figures, but are nowhere near the actual Revoltech figures in terms of quality. They're about Deluxe-size; paint jobs are okay (though Megatron's a surprisingly dull grey and looks off). Barricade is actually my favorite of the bunch.

The RotF figures are about the same size as the first films, and have good detail in each mold (I'm really loving Ironhide) but aren't as posable as the first films (Revoltech-style joints are gone). Also, the first film's Robot Replicas had an interchangable gun/weapon hand for each figure. The RotF figures do not; the weapon is attached to one hand and there is no spare (though Jetfire's cane is at least not directly attached to his hand). Paint jobs are better to me than the first films (though the blue in Jetfire is still odd to me; Megatron looks muuuuch better than the first one).

I like them, but considering they don't transform (and now, don't come with the spare weapon hand) and aren't as posable as I'd like, I do wish they were a bit cheaper than what they go for.

3. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the way they look, but $12.99 feels pretty steep for a non-transforming Transformer.

4. IrishSprings

IrishSprings Member

Robot Replicas are awesome. Def. must gets, IMO

They are just action figures, but they are BY FAR and away better and more accurate in terms of their robot looks than anything you will get in the other "Transforming" figures. No they don't transform, but that's the niche of the line. You don't have to transform them just to display them in their robot mode glory.

The robot replicas from the first movie were decent, articulation was kind of lackluster, paint apps and the detailing / physics of the specific robots weren't near as well done as the RR from ROTF line.

Not to mention scale. The ones from the first movie were practically all the same size. At least with the new ones, they tried to insert at least some scale, seeing as how certain characters are larger than others.

Acquired taste I guess. But I love them.

5. frilly toothpick

frilly toothpick Decepticrumb

the rotf line of robot replicas are cool.