Are matrix bearers immortal?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by henderson2k11, Nov 6, 2011.

1. henderson2k11

henderson2k11 Well-Known Member

Think about it, when the matrix is placed into the chest of a dead or status-locked Cybertronian they are brought back online so if the matrix stays there, like in Optimus Prime's case, is the matrix bearer immortal, can ever be taken offline or are they like TFA Starscream where they are online line temporarily?​

2. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

No Cybertronian is immortal. All sparks eventually fade, but the matrix can be passed on to another bearer. In the movieverse, however, it is made clear that Optimus is the last Prime, so I would doubt that another would recieve the matrix if he died.

3. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I think all Cybertronians are immortal regarding natural causes [if they have enough Energon].

4. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    I like the way you type....:) 

5. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

:crazy:  but :lolol 

6. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Mostly :) 

7. rook

rook Well-Known Member

Firstly: Matrix ≠ AllSpark

Don't compare Animated to the movies because the way the AllSpark works is different for either case:
    - In the movies, A shard was used to revive Megatron. We can assume it was left at the bottom of the ocean for no reason other than Michael Bay because he dies the following movie and there was no mention of it ever again. Then again RotF was an utter mess of a plot so it's hard to say.

- In Animated, Starscream was more or less undead through the AllSpark shard. Once it was taken out of him he was dead for good.

It has been said that the AllSpark was made to bring life, not the Matrix, but the Matrix has energies capable of such a feet hence Optimus's revival.

DotM demonstrated that the Matrix merely restores one's Spark which is why have scenes of Optimus removing the Matrix so liberally for Sentinel Prime.

As far I as know, it has never been made clear whether or not a Spark deteriorates over time since most if not all of the Cybertronians we see have lived for millions of years.

Probably the most basic form of immortality where one's life is not affected by the corrosion of time but by external force, ie., lack of energon, laser blast, sword impalement, cosmic rust, etc.