Are HFGs & CW Voyager figures worth much?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Jetfire37, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Jetfire37

Jetfire37 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hello all:)  (I couldn't find the right board for this so please move my topic if need be)

I am selling an entire box of HFGs but I have no idea what they are worth if anything at all?

I have the following complete sets of HFGs that I am going to sell as one big lump sum. (I don't have time for single sets due to health issues getting in the way)

CW Superion
    CW Menasor
    CW Defensor
    CW Bruticus (Undecided as they do make good add-on's in combined form)
    CW Optimus Maximus (2 silver & 2 black spare because I won't rob Sunstreaker of his Intake Blower)
    CW Sky Reign
    CW Liokaiser
    UW Computron

I have various Deluxe & Voyager Class figures from the Classics up through the Combiner Wars to sell and I don't know where to start in terms of pricing? Is there still a board to list figures on or is it easier to ebay them?

I am not trying pimp my wares on here, I am just in need of some direction or advice.

Thank you~

2. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Blue=Sarcasm; Purple=Snarkcasm

Well, we have a buy/sell/trade section, that'd be the place to go once you're actually ready to sell, if you'd want to sell here.

Items For Sale or Trade

In general, people are nice and Paypal makes transactions go pretty smooth. Since this is such a relatively small but involved community anybody who tries to screw people gets weeded out pretty quick, not a real concern imo.

The CHUG figures are definitely something that would sell in varying degrees of speed depending on what you have. You should look around to see what each piece is selling for in different venues to see what they're worth, but the more modest/negotiable you are the more likely you are to sell quick and build a positive reputation.

The HFGs...... I could be wrong but they're probably not worth much, or anything, at all.

I'm presuming you're only looking to unload them because you bought add-on kits with better replacements. A lot of people are doing that. I haven't, but I will very soon I've already decided because while serviceable the HFGs are also pretty lackluster. Anybody who would want a HFG already has them because they bought the figure, you know? If anybody is gonna buy a combiner hand/foot it's gonna be one of the improved ones.

But yeah the CHUG stuff would move for sure but you'd have to list out what you've got for people to tell you what they're worth, and I'd still advise your own research to make sure that you don't get screwed and that you don't screw anybody either.

Best of luck.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  3. Jetfire37

Jetfire37 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you very much Lovecraft, this was exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I am very modest/negotiable with my fellow collector's. I cannot stand over-priced figure scalpers that charge ridiculous amounts on Ebay. I could not, in good conscious do that to my Transformer Collector brethren. I will draw up a list with pics of everything I am selling, check around for pricing, and make note of what I am looking for in terms of trades etc.

As for the HFGs query, yes I have upgraded to PE H/F for all of my combiner teams accept for Sky Reign & Optimus Maximus. Liokaiser is in-transit to me at the moment and I may not upgrade him as I think his HFG's look pretty good as is. He is already pretty tall as is with the 2 tanks being full length vs. the rear ends folded back like Brawl.

This is one of the best forums I have ever been a member of:)  People can agree, disagree, drool, rant, vent, nitpick, nerd rage, critique, and just downright complain but at the same time maintain a level of respect and decorum that I have rarely ever seen in this day and age.

Again, much appreciated:) 

Matt~

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Blue=Sarcasm; Purple=Snarkcasm

Happy to help out!

Maybe if I'm not broke when you get your stuff posted I'll buy something ;)