Are beast wars figures worth anything now?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by exomega255, Aug 31, 2010.

1. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

Why can't you just do a completed listing search on ebay, almost everything has completed listings. Heck, when you list new items ebay even tells you the average sale price for previously listed items of the same name. I just sold a PS3 game for $29 when ebay said the average was $34....pretty close. Now, i'm not saying that you should SELL them on ebay necessarily (b/c so many people here hate ebay), just use ebay as a tool to gauge prices.

2. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i sold my lot of all non show characters on ebay a few months ago, every single non show character rleased and made only about 150 which is more if i pieced each out, most basics 3 bucks tops, mist deluxes 5, 8, maybe 10 bucks. Megas 10-15 if lucky.

if youre thinking ebay, do it as a lot. you will be paying more in listing and final value fees more than it is worth if individually by figure.

3. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    wow thanks Decep, that's some good tips. Well, I think how I will handle it is first take pics to ID my missile pile with people here.

Then I will have to find all the folded boxes I have on these bots and then list them here before ebaying them.

4. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

5. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    hm, well, I was already planning on that first as in, I am probably gonna look at sites for ID

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

It really depends what figures and if they are complete. Show characters will always go for more than characters who didn't show up in the cartoon.

Of course there are very rare figures out there who fetch very high prices indeed, but if you just have a bunch of US/Hasbro stuff then prolly not worth a huge amount, but then again it all depends on who you target your sales at.

7. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Can't the mainline toys with premium prices pretty much be summed up as:

Rattrap
    TM2 Blackarachnia
    Tigerhawk

?

Of course there are BotCon and Japanese BW figures that command decent prices, but the over all line suffers in terms of increasing value over time for the following reasons:

-Limited cast, Non-show characters aren't cared about
    -Multiple versions of the show cast, be they TM, TM2, or other special releases
    -Volume, there just seems to be a LOT of these toys out there.

I've got nothing against the line or show, it just seems that there are some easily recognizable reasons as to why the toys aren't seeing price increases in the way that (surprisingly) many of the Armada-trilogy toys are.

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I would add both transmetal versions of Megatron to that list. No idea why for the first transmetal as he is notorious for breaking easily due to the poor quality of plastic used. Most people 'in the know' go for the Takara transmetal Megs but his price is through the roof.

Of the US releases, I would definitely say season 1 Rattrap commands the highest price. No idea why actually.

9. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    rattrap? really? the original scout with automorph?

and first transmetal I can attest as mine has a broken part

10. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Add Terrorsaur, Scorponok, a non-flaking TM Rattrap, non-busted TM Megatron, Optimal Optimus to your list.

11. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Good calls. However if you're patient you can pick up a Hasbro Terrorsaur for a decent price.
    Scorponok can go for crazy money.

12. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    I am probably a bit out of the loop on TM2 Megatron and Optimal Optimus. I tried selling them about two years back and really couldn't get more than their original worth.

Edit: Terrorsaur too. As "rare" as he was, no one was interested and I think I got $15 on eBay for him.

13. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    wow, I should find my scrop's missles then

14. simplygriff

simplygriff Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    Yes you should. Last Scorp Missile I bid on on eBay went for $13.50 I think. Too rich for my blood.
    -G

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Damn, dude, if you have a complete S1 Rattrap I'm all ears.

16. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Wow, a quick glance through Ebay shows that I probably have $200-$300 worth of Beast Wars toys. Maybe more. Especially since I still have everything for all of them.

17. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    never could find motivation for getting BW figures. i had wanted the 2, 3 bot combiners, but never found a good deal for them.

also, the only one i ever wanted as just a gag was the large fire ant (inferno, right?) you just don't know how many times i can scare the crap outta dad with that one just sitting in the garage at just the right spot...

still, i can't claim that there is no demand for em. for me, they are just not my cup o' tea.

18. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

NO

The major problem with the beastwars toys. is hasbro & takara kept re-releasing the favorite show character molds over & over & over. thus making the secondary market for these figures worth the same as retail or a 1/2 bit higher.

Basics & deluxe sized TF Beastwars toys often sell for less than retail prices.

Mega sized TF toys it depends on the character.

the beastwars figures that are worth the most on the secondary market are the ultra sized toys,some mega's. both optimal optimus & primal prime are worth decent amounts of money on ebay.

Magnaboss & tripredacus sell for 4+times there original amount on ebay. due to them never getting any re-releases. also because TF fans love combiners.

A lot of the Beastwars toys were non-show characters. that fans don't care about. thus don't buy as much on the secondary market.

some of those TM1,tm2 & Fuzors basics & deluxes were pure ugly,misproportioned & had horrible toy engineering. so that right there decreases the demand for these figures.

19. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I'm still looking to buy a Deluxe sized terrantron in MISB condition. the figure was basically a TM1 Terrarsaur repacked & recolored red & put in the Dinobots sub-line during the BM toy line years.

My main plan is to get a dinobots terrantron,then sell my TM1 Terrorsaur.

because Dinobots terrantron is colored red like the 1996 terrorsaur basic sized toy & season one character. while TM1 Terrorsaur is in weird purple colors that look awful.

Problem is,the few ebay sellers,selling dinobots terrontron on ebay in misb want $80+
    which is way too much for that figure. at best i'd buy the toy under $20 bucks. with under $8 shipping fees.

20. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I do have a complete rattrap, with his card and 2 parts of gun. Joints are a bit loose, but nail polish will do. I will sell all my beast war collection, so just look forward to my thread