Are Alts really through?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Severus, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

I know that they're only technically "on hiatus", but what chances do you guys give of seeing more of them after the movie comes out? Because a lot of times "on hiatus" means, "Dead, dead, dead." These guys have been the focus of my adult collecting and to see them end almost feels like a friend is moving away or something. Anyone with some hope for me?

2. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As much as I'd like them to, I'm not expecting them to come back.

3. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I'd like to see a few more Alts for sure. If anything why not a repaint of Alt Rumble for Alt Frenzy before the movie.
    After the movie, like Hasbro said at Botcon, maybe it'll open up more Car Companies willing to make an alternator. I know I would like to see a number of different cars and trucks make it into the line instead of a bunch of repaints (above suggestion not included).

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Alts are still one of the more popular brands, but the whole point of them is that they're realistic cars... that's all we'll have in the Movie line so it makes sense to put them on hold. Considering they have a Hot Rod remold waiting from the Kiss version of the ford GT and an obvious Alt Frenzy waiting for them, you know they'll be back eventually.

5. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

If only we had a Megatron to go with them, I'd be moderately content. But as it stands, my Alt and BT Deceps are relatively leaderless.

KP Legion FTW!

6. spyderbytez

spyderbytez ALTERNATOR FANATIC TFW2005 Supporter

VERY SAD :(  - The Alternator Drought

So now we have news that Alt Rumble and Ravage are the last two alts we will be getting until the movie comes out.. more may come after if Hasbro decides to keep the line going :(  But thats a WHOLE year.. :(  I am very sad for this news. For .. in my opinion.. Alternators are the best line sofar for transformers toys. They are what got me hooked on transformers again back in 2003.

Also the Alt cadilac seems to be cancelled :rip 

Hasbro is really going to make some of us starve :cry 

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could live without them. Mirage filled up the last bit of room on my Autobot Alts shelf.

And if it comes down to getting more Alts or more Classics, I vote Classics.

8. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    We all weep for Alternators passing, but how much farther were they going to take it without repaints?

Besides, Kiss Players could continue:D 

9. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

I too am sad. Alternators is the best transformers line (I like it even more than classics). I was excited to hear that rumble and ravage are coming out before the movie since I thought they'd come out next fall. I can only hope that this leads to good things and expands the line after the movie once they have some more design ideas and have more companies onboard after the movie hype. You can see them breaking the mold of the "standard hood is chest" alternator with the last two releases. Besides, they still have Megatron and Soundwave to do!

10. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I'm actually kind of glad that they're ending. I can devote my money to classics.

11. Nerd Bomber

I just responded to a similar topic in another thread but I hope Alternators don't die. They're just starting to branch out with new ideas and innovative styles like in the last two releases coming up.

And if it comes down to getting more Alts or more Classics, I vote Alternators.

12. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

I would have liked the XLR as Megatron, just to have a counterpart to Prime. And I don't even like the new Cadillacs.

13. Nerd Bomber

Yeah, that's what bugs me the most. That really better have been a joke about the new Cadillac being Megatron because if they cancelled an upcoming megatron alternator, one of my MOST WANTED TFs I wanted made, then it's time to grab the torch and pitchfork.

14. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy Well-Known Member

It makes sense to have them on the back burning for a bit with the moive line and everything. For as much as I love Alts having a break might be a good thing too, it may very well get more companys on board for the project and also it might bring some more fresh new idea and transformation designs. Another thing with everything thats going on the moive and all the things will see for it, having a break from other lines will help out the wallet a nice bit.

15. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

[​IMG]

16. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    The sun's gotta set on the ALTs sometime... I wouldn't mind it after Ravage and Rumble get their release...

17. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    We need to merge this with the other ALT dying thread in TFGD... But like I said in that thread, the sun's gotta set on the line sometime... And with Classics out, I don't think I would mind ALTs ending...

18. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

Please let that smiley be added to our list.

19. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

I tend to agree with razerwire here. There are A lot of alts. By the end it will be 26. Thats a hearty collection. If they keep going there will be no collectability or value in them. Ending them is good. Will make them sought after and prized. Plus I am ready for them to end. They are getting too simple in design.

20. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I was sad to hear the news too. The distribution for these guys has never gotten any better imo.