Aquaman (2018) - WB Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by transfan681, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

I'm pretty sure he just means the actual physics of the characters moving around didn't feel real at all. Not that the movie featured science fiction elements, which he's been working with since the very beginning of his career

• Like Like x 3
  2. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    That's how I read it.

3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Cameron should focus less on getting underwater physics perfectly realistic, and more on not creating hacky, derivative tripe like Dances With Aliens.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Just saw it. I overall enjoyed it, because I expected an over-the-top CGI spectacle that was really stupid, and I got that.

First off, this film is gorgeous, and I love the worlds and creatures it shows. Those creatures from the Kingdom of the Trench were genuinely terrifying I found. It has some fun, funny, and even heartwarming moments, which I don't feel like listing. Plus, I love seeing dinosaurs, inaccurate or not, and I love the little anglerfish alone hovering over the surface of the abyssal plain before Arthur and Mera enter Atlantis. Speaking of Mera, it also has eye candy, whether you're someone who likes Mamoa, or if you're a heterosexual male like me who thought Mera looked gorgeous, and I'm not even much of a redhead guy!

At the same time, this movie was really stupid and had lots going on. Many people claim that the Transformers movies have too much going on, and I think this had more going on than in the Transformers movies, which were overall more focused and had better plots than this film I think! And the action and robots in the Bay movies had more weight it felt for the most part than the CGI creatures and battles in this movie.

That said, since it did have a lot going on, it was actually a really fun, albeit disjointed at times, romp. Just don't expect anything particularly deep. I kind of feel like this would have been a better movie if they didn't go all out in this movie, because boy do they!

5. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I'm sure he'll get right on that when it stops making him insane bank *looks over at Alita's box office* which honestly should be right about now :p 

6. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Banned

News Credits:

i hope warner brothers doesnt fire amber heard :( 

7. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    If they didn’t give her the elbow after running seriously afoul of Australian Biosecurity laws, a tit for tat civil suit from her ex-boyfriend is hardly likely to cut the mustard either.

• Like Like x 2
  8. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    A look at the wonderful production design that went into creating Atlantis.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Man the visual design for this movie’s Atlantis and other undersea kingdoms was SPECTACULAR

• Like Like x 1