April Fools day pranks.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bumblebot98, Apr 1, 2010.

1. tfan123

tfan123 Well-Known Member

Actually, i did a few

Yesterday, i told my cousin i wanted him to watch a video of 'the black eyed peas in concert", but it was really the two girlsw one cup video.

Last year, gave my gf a box that i said had a ring in it. She opens it, and there was a "dead rodent". It was really a motorized toy, but boy did she scream hard.

2. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I noticed that lastnight.

3. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    I put hand sanitizer all over every mouse in the computer lab. Including mine so I wouldn't seem suspicious.
    My favorite part of it all was some kid shouting "OKAY WHO'S THE FUCKER?"

4. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

Last year my uncle busted into the room and yelled, "The house is on fire! C'mon we gotta get out!"

I was pissed at him for days.

5. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

A friend of mine text messaged everyone that he was arrested for DUI and resisting arrest. We knew he was goading us.

6. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't think they cops allow you to text a friend when being arrested.

7. Dran0n

Dran0n junk male

News Credits:
    That's cruel.

8. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I put a couple pieces of tape around the tip of my buds car radio antenna a few years ago, freaked him cause all he heard was static. He almost took it to a repair shop before he actually looked at it.

Also this year we confused the shit out everyone at school, me and my gf ganged togethor and changed our facebook status to single. I was surprised how many people were freaked out.

Also my girlfriend failed at pranking, tried switching my axe shampoo with maple syrup. Doesn't work when I can smell the difference.

9. Latias Prime

Latias Prime I'm only slightly crazy!

Hope it wasn't the real stuff, or that would have been a waste of good syrup.

The Fuzzy World prank was evil, I tell you. I come to the site hoping to read the latest news about Transformers, and instead I get Care Bears. Care Bears! I was not laughing.

10. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    I woke up my son early in the morning and said "Come on! We gotta pack! We're going to Disney Land!!" That was his first April Fool's :lol 

11. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Naw she used some fake american stuff. Not sure what it was exactly but it sure wasnt legit.

Also yea I was a bit dissapointed at the rerouting until I found out I could get around it easily. :p 

12. Chopperface

Chopperface All the Stars Are Closer

News Credits:
    Major? Nope. I'll give it a shot, like telling people "Oh, so and so is into you. Ask em out." Course, everybody knows not to believe anything on April Fool's.

I was trying to kill a virus on my computer - so TFW didn't get pink and fuzzy? Aw well. :\

13. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Yea, I didn't care for the Care-Bears theme either. That pink hurt my eyes!

14. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

I changed the password on my best friends ipod touch he got angry

15. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Nothing too serious, but at work, we locked the door, and put up a sign that read "please use back door" (there isn't one) and watched people walk around the building trying to get in all day.

16. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
  17. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    For 2010, I pulled the couch up against the front door and then left the house through the garage so my wife couldn't get in when she got home from work, while I was actually hiding behind the house.

She panicked that something was wrong with the door, thought she was locked out and called me, as I knew she would. Sure, she gave me a beat down when I appeared from the side of the house, but it's so hard to hurt someone who's laughing hysterically at you.

My wife and I also conspired to change our relationship status for the day on Facebook. She changed hers to "Single" and I changed mine to "It's complicated." None of my FB friends fell for it because they know me. On my wife's Wall, however, a few of her friends totally fell for it because it's so unlike her to pull such pranks. My sister-in-law even sent her a panicked message asking what happened. It was golden.

I've also helped pull some pranks via toonzone.net, where I've served as a staff member since 1999, and we have a long history of posting fake news stories on April Fools Day. It's always been in fun and we've even tried making it clear that it's just a joke.

I'm proud to say that one I did involving Mark Hamill ended up being asked directly to Mark Hamill and the panelists for a "Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker" preview at the San Diego Comic-Con. Hamill responded, "That must just be one of those crazy internet rumors" and the audience laughed it off. But I was red-faced yet trying to stifle my laughter because I knew I was the one responsible for it.

Here's the original piece: Toon Zone: April Fools 2000 (I was writing as "Gookie" at Toon Zone at the time.)

And here's what happened afterwards:
    Yahoo! Groups: The Voice Actor Appreciation Society (Scoll down for the story of what happened at Comic-Con that year.)

Also, for my "Voice Actors in the News" blog in 2009 I wrote a series of fake news posts, as well as renaming my blog for the day as "Voice Actors in the Nude." And although I tried to make some seem absurd so they wouldn't be taken seriously, I still had quite a few readers who were fooled and their comments are now preserved on the blog for all of Internet Time. If you'd like to read the fake stories I wrote, the link's below -- just ignore the first post since it was one later tagged as "April Fools" but wasn't actually a fake news post:

Voice Actors in the News: April Fools 2009