Heavy/Scratch: AoE's Armoury

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by AoE, Jul 15, 2018.

1. AoE

AoE MERGE YO POSTS PEOPLE

News Credits:
    Travis Knight brought me back into this stupid hobby after 2 years without buying figures when I bought Titans Return Megatron a week ago.

I wasn't a fan of his stock Fusion Cannon so I thought why not start 3D printing my own weapons which brings me to this.

DSC_0166.JPG

Initially I just set out to make a Fusion Cannon but I thought what the hell and added a sheath for Drift's Great Sword. It ended up being about a millimeter too thick for the Fusion Cannon so I 3D printed one of those as well. The Fusion Cannon is based mostly on Animated Megatro's cannon. The hilt of the Great Sword is based on the hilt that came with the original Drift Figure while the blade is based on the Battle Tanker blade.

DSC_0170.JPG

Everything was designed using CAD software that I have and 3D printed on my own personal printer. I don't know if I will ever upload the original STL files.

Before anyone asks, I will most likely never make anything that was actually in AoE because I don't see anything worth making from that film.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
  2. WayGroovy

WayGroovy Well-Known Member

Does the Fusion Cannon work well in alt mode?

3. AoE

News Credits:
    Gambol Shroud from RWBY.

lcz9hOvgt4Y-Pjf6kfRelZ61Q-qu_8rK-yIp_6-lplk.jpg
    This was made partly because I like the idea of weapons that become weapons (whoa I predicted the gimmick for Transformers WFC Siege 4 days ago when I uploaded this onto reddit!), as shown in my Megatron Fusion Cannon custom.

The sword and cleaver/sheath was modeled off of a picture that I found online of schematics for Gambol Shroud and shrunk down until the handle of the gunblade was 5mm. I ended up having to print this out 3 times, the first one as shown above, the second one now sitting in my bag of wasted PLA and the third one shown below. The sheath was also modified so that figures could actually hold onto it.

DSC_0158.JPG

DSC_0161.JPG
    Once again I don't plan on uploading the STL's online, (I don't wanna get RoosterTeeth on my ass, but if I ever did I wouldn't make people pay for them).

Next up is remaking Armada Star Saber (whenever I get around to doing that)

-------

Technically yes? It can mount onto the side of him but it isn't meant to interact with the tank bits of him nor the weapons that he came with,

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  4. Saito Satoru

Saito Satoru smile

News Credits:
    I would love to have the original files. My friends have a really great 3D printer and I have been looking for a replacement Great Sword for the longest time.

5. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

OK now that Gambol Shroud is COOL

6. AoE

News Credits:
    IMG_20190210_195415.jpg

Got a used Vector Prime in NYC a few weeks ago, didn't have a sword so I've been playing around with 3D printing one. Just got the dimensions right, just needs some sanding, paint, and possibly filling too.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. DualDiac84

DualDiac84 Heroic Destructicon

Functionist Universe, Cybertron, Lower Tetrahex
    YouTube:
    Not to stop you from printing his sword but, if you want: KFC - Tempest Saber