AOE toys off to slow start. 50% of DOTM pre-release levels.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by signals3, Jun 3, 2014.

1. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Well, they're busy having kids of their own... -rolls eyes-

2. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    Some TRus have a big display, and the display wasn't there at first. But the DoTM stuff sold better.

3. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    This is obviously because the dinobots aren't G1 colored and something something bayformers and...

hahaha

4. Richform4

Richform4 Trans and MLP fan =D

I think some store are to lazy ordering the products and more focused on the electronics and other stuff.

5. Cyberseven

Cyberseven Seeker

They need to realize that most of these movies are made for young adults and older fans of the franchise and stop making crap toys geared towards kids if they want stronger sales. Plus the quality of toys has gone downhill IMO. U.S. toys that is.. ie: Hasbro.. again this is just my opinion, but I figure it is popular view, otherwise toy sales would be stronger.

6. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One of the main things I don't get with this line is how they can sell this figure in the generations line for $15.99

[​IMG]

And then sell this bigger, less detailed, less complex, less accurate figure for $49.99

[​IMG]

Hasbro be tripping balls if they think anyone with a brain will buy their crap.

7. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The quote specifically compares licenses. That should be stuff Hasbro doesn't make. While there certainly could be meaningful corelations there with how well Hasbro's AOE stuff does- the quote (at least) isn't touching on this at all.

8. 420tron

420tron Mr. Beefy

Hound is actually $24.99 USD.

9. Zikmaster1000

Zikmaster1000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well maybe if stores carried them more and in wider verity then they could sell more, maybe also letting people know they are out with more commercials, and my biggest point they would need better toys they've put too much into this whole simplified transformation theme and I don't see it working well, they should have stuck with the formula they kept for the last three movies, focus of the Deluxes, Voyagers and Leaders and then have some little kid toys. However that's mine, if I was to say it's biggest problem it would have to be actually being available, they need to pick it up

10. Scorpio

News Credits:
    Sadly true...

11. Scorpio

News Credits:
    My mistake, but my point still stands. Why is the much more complex figure cheaper than the less complex, less accurate, less detailed figure?

12. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Wha?

13. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah.. and this is its second hasbro release.. and it's already been released by takara quite a few times, and there's still a demand for it.

i guess that's what happens when you release a quality mold.

14. Cyberseven

Cyberseven Seeker

This also is a more clear and viable viewpoint. Great post.

15. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is just the media being the media. Clearly this writer had nothing better to do with their time. #1 - The movie hasn't even been released yet, #2 - I could be wrong, but I believe AOE toys were released much earlier before the movie than DOTM toys were, #3 - It doesn't feel like AOE is being pushed as much as the previous movies were. :2c: 

16. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    It doesn't help that these toys are harder to find than usual. I mean, they're exclusive to a lot of places in different countries. I can't even get them in Ireland yet

17. Scorpio

News Credits:
    Going off theory;

If all the packaging is similar then they'd first look for the cheapest figure - believing that they are all from the same line - then they'd decide as to whether its worth buying what will likely be a one-step or simple, badly painted Transformer targeted at the very young demographic.

In addition the choice of making it all look the same means to an untrained fan that they'll believe that the line for this year covers everything - that is incredibly daunting for parents and worrying for teenagers as it means buying a lot of toys compared to the normal line of around 12 movie figures and lots of repaints.

18. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    I realize this is terrible for the franchise in general, but I can't help thinking that someone should tell hasbro "I told you so", about the one-step junk. Yes kids want more fluid/smooth transformations but that doesn't necessarily mean simpler. When I was younger, I would have gone for the most accurate figures no matter how complicated they were, to this day I do not own one simplified figure if there is a more advanced one out there.

19. Bot Marley

Bot Marley Spider-Ham's biggest fan!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I get that Hasbro wants to target various markets but I think a better approach for their main line would be less figures with a higher budget and quality. This would be akin to how Japan has so much competition with robot toys they are forced to spend more in paint apps and get more creative with their Takara specific figures.

We have an over saturated market with low quality and what appears to be quickly churned out toys.

If they made less figures but they were higher quality we could have an entire line of must haves and not just a few diamonds in the rough.

20. Scorpio

News Credits:
    Generations AOE Voyager Hound VS Leader Class AOE Grimlock.

I cant see why the generations figure that is more accurate would be cheaper than what is easily less detailed and less accurate. I know the scale factors into things - but why would a Leader class figure ever have less detail and accuracy than a voyager or deluxe?

Agreed... I'd be much more willing to pay a higher cost if it were movie accurate and detailed. Hot Toys works in a similar way to how the Transformers toys should operate.