AOE Leader Class Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by TFXProtector, May 8, 2014.

1. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Takara Prime is so sexy! Can't wait to see what the one coming out later this year looks like. Also, I desperately need the new sword of judgement keychain that's coming out soon.

2. imranbecks

imranbecks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same here. But i'm not sure what they can do with the backpack on the new one. Can't really do much with it unless they find a way to fold it up to reduce the kibble. And then they need to find a way to hide the wheels as well. Its probably gonna need an entire new mold...

3. cybernaut

cybernaut Well-Known Member

Or at least a new truck rear assembly... That's the only part that forms the back pack on AoE LC Prime anyway...

jya na...

4. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    sexy takara prime :) 

[​IMG]

5. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

thanks man! Just seeing this post. :) 

yeah, that chrome metallic spray makes world of difference. I've been doing that to a lot of my Hasbro figures lately.

6. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Overall, very solid.

The backpack is definitely a sore, both visually and functionally. I really wish they could have found a way to compress it given that it's just two chunks of plastic for the most part.

The arms are a little ungainly too. I feel like they should be a tad bulkier, and it's hard to recreate the "sword in the ground" pose without it looking silly due to the way the shoulders rotate. I also prefer the shoulder pads on the First Edition figure, though these at least use real vehicle parts that would probably form even more kibble otherwise.

On the other hand, his legs are really quite great, and his overall stature is pretty awesome. The truck mode is awesome as well. A definite good first attempt at the new design, much like TFTM Leader Prime. His coloring is also pretty good.

The translucent yellow looks terrible. I immediately disassembled the feet, removed those pieces of plastic (which are one whole piece you can easily access via screws), and painted them black. Suffice to say the truck mode looks SO much better now. I also threw silver on the sword and a few of the gears on Prime's head to make it more movie accurate.

He also doesn't scale terribly with the other Autobots, though a Voyager version would be nice regardless.

7. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    A new third party backpack section that folds up better or detaches and becomes a weapon or something would be grand!

8. imranbecks

imranbecks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A video I did of the Takara AD-01 Age of Extinction Leader Optimus Prime... >>> Transformers Age of Extinction AD01 Leader Class Optimus Prime - YouTube

How interesting, I might just try that on mine.. The yellow windows doesn't bother me too much though, but its worth a try...

9. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I can't get enough of this guy! The transformation and posability are top-notch. The backpack does suck, but overall this toy is just excellent IMO. I keep transforming him over and over. He even transforms a little bit like in the movie!

I have high hopes for the takara one that we haven't seen yet (Ultimate power mode OP?). With just a few small improvements this could be one of the best Optimuses we've ever gotten.

I would: Replace the sword and some other parts to make him more accurate, reduce the backpack with just a couple hinge joints or maybe even make them form a removable weapon or shield, make the gun part of the shield fold in so that he can have it be just a shield (this would also make it not stick out of the back of the truck mode when it's being stored there).

Parts that I hope they're re-molding: Chest, feet, backpack. They could re-mold the arms too but if they don't then I won't be too sad.

10. TFfanOP

TFfanOP Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone has any clue when could we get new info on the new Leader?

Is there some toy fair, or something similar in Japan that we can look forward to?

11. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Along with a new window piece that's clear instead of yellow!

12. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yes! And non-yellow eyes would be nice! In fact, hasbro should really do away with that plastic color. I have never seen a toy that had a sword that looked like a piss popsicle.

13. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I found the receipt for my Leader Class figures I bought. I'm wondering if I should return the Optimus because I'm planning on buying the Battle Command Optimus.

14. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    you can remove it and make it into a roller of sorts actually

15. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Yeah I've seen that mod and it's pretty neat, but it looks a bit odd with the gas tanks still hanging down.

16. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    I wouldn't do that, they're two completely different beasts. And when did you buy it?

17. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Return him and buy the Ultimate Power Mode retool.

18. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Yeah, while it's neat I'd prefer leaving it on and having it fold up...

19. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    gonna do the arms in blue with flames, and then a bit more detailing on the legs.
    [​IMG]

20. cybernaut

cybernaut Well-Known Member

This is the other leader-class mold from the AoE line, and I must say, it's a far more fun toy than Grimlock.

Truck mode is nice and clean, and the chrome layout is sensible. I just wish they didn't use yellow "transclearent" plastic for the windows.

In robot mode, the backpack of truck parts gets in the way of the movement of the legs, and the joint setup is still awkward (where are you, wrist swivels?!?). But, this thing poses as well as, or better than, Grimlock, at least. I can't fault the toy in sculpt and detail, except that I wish Hasbro followed the movie deco (he's more blue than gray compared to the on-screen model...).

And where's his hand-held cannon/blaster thingy?!?

It's not at par with the TftM or RotF mold for sure, but it's no slouch either. Here's to hoping HasTak improves on this design for the next film.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jya na!