AOE Leader Bumblebee released at Australia Retail

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Starscream Gaga, May 21, 2014.

1. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YYYeeeesssssss........Feed me more solid logic... I thrive on truth..

2. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't think it's as universally liked as you might think. Bad movies sell out, and even comic books by a universally hated artist still sells. Bad games continue to sell millions, etc.

Just because people eat it up doesn't mean it's necessarily good. How many people would've skipped FoC Bruticus if something that was similarly costed yet higher quality was available instead? I know I would. More often than not people get things because it's the ONLY representation of that thing. How many people didn't want to get Prime Airachnid but only did so because it's the only existing representation of that character?

I only wanted FoC Bruticus because I wanted to have ANY representation of Bruticus, and I quickly hid FoC Bruticus in shame the moment I got my hands on the Fansproject one. Again, with a better option available I went with the better one.

3. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    IF THERE IS A GOD IN HEAVEN then these will only be available in Australia and NOT infest the rest of the world!!!!

4. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

80? No way

5. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dude. It's Australia pricing.

6. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I certainly don't think it's universally liked. It seems more that the fandom is divided, but the person I quoted was saying things like no one liked it, and people want this and that. It's just a bit presumptuous to think that you know what the fandom as a whole likes and doesn't like based on a few peoples posts.

The mold was used 4 times, 5 if you include Ruination, and none seemed to do that poorly at retail. True many people would have skipped Bruticus, if a better toy that cost the same was out there. I think that's a no brainer, who wouldn't buy something that is better at the same cost.

As for your examples bad movies, books, games sell, but the question is why? There must be something in those things that is driving people to buy it, good commercials maybe. . With Bruticus you can see what you're getting, if you don't like the look of it, you won't buy it, except those people who want every Transformer ever. Just because something is bad, doesn't mean it's not enjoyable.

7. Jack Darby

Jack Darby Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't understand they could have at least used his newer Camero Concept from the movie instead of the one from DotM. Would have rather had that in a leader if the wanted to do another Bumblebee figure. Ugh go figure thats Hasbro for ya.

8. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Which is still far too much.

9. Hollywood Hoist

News Credits:
    I agree with you there, it does seem weird to have a new version of the Camero, but use an older toy.

10. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm going to be blunt and say that it is that the reason why bad media sells is because they merely check the boxes for the lowest common denominator. The general populace doesn't have any taste or appreciation for more intelligent or better made media. That's where the terminology "lowest common denominator" comes from. If you make it flashy and action-y enough, or edgy enough, or simple enough then it doesn't really matter how vapid and stupid something is, which is both a good and bad thing.

Transformers movies are part of that. They're pretty dumb, shallow, and don't have anywhere near the depth that Transformers fans think they do. They're just serviceable, adequate "Big Dumb Action Movies" and nothing more. Same for Call of Duty...they tend to be awful and the gameplay is set to a low level so that ANYONE can succeed with very little time invested. This is in contrast to Team Fortress 2 where the Scout requires quite a bit of skill and involves time invested to learn the maps, to learn where and when you can double jump and how to set up "meatshots" for instance.

There's nothing really special to why people like bad things. It's simply that those bad things tend to do enough to appeal to the lowest level of intelligence for mass consumption.

11. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Really, it is a combination of the lowest common denominator effect and Hoist's idea of people consuming just to consume. There is currently only one TF film franchise, therefore most people see it just because it is TF and there are no other options. "I'm a TF fan, how could I not see the movie." Plus pop culture, groupthink, and fads dominate human nature in the technology era (see "trending" - and notice how what is trending is constantly changing), though we're getting back into the lowest common denominator in that discussion again.

There will be better TF movies someday. We just have to be patient. If Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Star Trek, etc can go through reboots, TF will too. And there's nowhere to go but up. Someone in Hollywood is a real fan and will want to respect us and do it right.

12. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Scale Charts are pointless.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They're $45. No idea where tonyformer is shopping if they're borderline $50

13. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    And use '67 Camaro Bee as the artwork on front of the box!

14. Hollywood Hoist

News Credits:

Yeah, pretty much it, big and flashy sells. As far as movies go, it really depends on what you're looking for. Good, great, bad are all opinions and one persons good is another persons bad. I totally agree some movies seem to just check the boxes.

Sure we can watch intelligent films like The Bicycle Thief, Citizen Kane, on the Waterfront, but despite those being brilliant films, they aren't a fun relaxing time.

Transformers and most genre films and comedies kind of fit into the category of mindless films. They are like a fireworks display or a rollercoaster ride, enjoyable at the time, but you don't think about it much after. I don't believe that if you enjoy a mindless film that it makes one unintelligent or if you only watch art films that it all of sudden makes one intelligent, it all just depends on what you're looking for in your entertainment.

I tend to have two categories for movies.

Popcorn movies - mindless fun, don't think about it afterwards, but enjoyable at the time. These could be good in that they kept me entertained throughout the movie.

Films - art films, classic films, dramas are usually what fit into this category. These are enjoyable, but in a different way, and can often stick with you for days, weeks or even months later. There are certainly films that I would consider bad.

Sometimes a movie can have elements of both, Memento comes to mind.

Games, books and other media fall into similar categories.

Shortly I'm going to be assembling some new chairs and I'll probably throw in a movie and watch while I do it and it's going to be something mindless.

15. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I think people want to make those prices up to make Australia's dollar value look weak

16. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    FYI, it's at New Zealand retail, too, and it looks horrible. The box is also half as deep as the other leaders. It's such a weird thing to pick up. The box appears to be the only one of its kind, for now.