AOE Leader Bumblebee released at Australia Retail

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Starscream Gaga, May 21, 2014.

1. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Huh. The bigger box is quite odd. Yet it's the same pricepoint? Really makes me wonder if this IS the third leader or if it's somehow something else. Guess we'll find out at Botcon.

2. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this is what i have been tying to tell everyone since the first leader OP was shown and everyone thought it was a Voyager. The AOE movie leaders are the same size as the TFs prime leader class toys. The reason the Bee box is bigger is because that Bee is much bigger. All the past leader movie toys are much bigger. So because they repacked a movie leader Bee as a AOE leader toy, the box still has to be bigger to fit a much bigger toy that is not a real AOE created toy. That is the AOE leader OP next to him. The very same one we all first seen that some swore was a Voyager.

3. tformer0607

tformer0607 Home in CT!

Ebay:
    I cant even get rid of my dotm leader bee for 20 bucks. This thing will shelfwarm especially since it is missing more paint and that huge weapon that no one cared about in the first place complaints about it being for kids aside it just looks bad like a MARS robot that I keep seeing at walmarts and walgreens. I bet this thing will be on clearence till next year

4. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

What a total waste of plastic, Shame on you Hasbro! Shame!

5. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I just sold mine for $35, so you might be doing something wrong...

6. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Is it wrong that my first thought when I read his packaging was bigger was "Geez Hasbro, what Bee doesn't take up enough shelf space as is?"

7. jjtitus

jjtitus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because it makes so much sense for them to re-release him with less paint apps than before. Sigh... Hasbro/TT are making some really stupid decisions. More money saved to use on something else.

8. kamtimus_prime

kamtimus_prime Radicon Visionary

Hasbro please give some other characters some of the lime light....Bumblebee, Optimus, and Grimlock are already over kill.

9. Scypris

Scypris Fire in another hole!

News Credits:
    Yay! More junk I will never buy..

10. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Leader bee is awesome...I don't care what anyone says...

But to package it with the high octane frame as the artwork? kinda big fail if you ask me.

so, minus electronics..this is going to be the same price point as leaders? $45?

kinda weak. should have done a slight remold for the collar parts and a neck extension. I would have bought it is they did that.

11. Catatronic

Catatronic Banned

Age Of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee Purchased

Why??? Why would anybody waste money on this piece of crap?

12. OhMyPrimus

OhMyPrimus Well-Known Member

And the mold milking continues!!!

13. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that was my first thought.

and i think this is clear evidence of how much leader class figures have shrunk.

14. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    If you told that to someone 2-3 years ago he would've thought you were insane. This is why this community is awesome. "Give us gestalts!"... "FOC Combaticons suck! And they shelfwarm!" "Give us dinobots!"... "Please no more Grimlock! He's going to shelfwarm!" "Give us more MP-10"... "OMG Hasblow YOTH Optimus sucks! And he shelfwarms!

15. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dude.. people wanted GOOD combiners done the RIGHT way.. not 5 deluxe figures that create a terribly disproportionate combiner.

people want 4 deluxes and a voyager with decent articulation.

oh.. and with accurate colors..

yoth prime is NOT MP10.. .. he's a repaint of a mold that some people couldn't find in the first place. people don't want a consolation prime or a $120 stand in until they can get the real MP10.

none of your points make ANY sense. nice try though. there are plenty of contradictory statements out there, this however is not one of those instances.

16. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Exactly.

17. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How is it milking the mold? They've used it only once. It's true that fans who wanted this mold already have it, but the last movie was 3 years ago, so 5-7 year olds who may not have been old enough back in 2011 are now 8-10 years old now and a big figure of a popular character makes sense.

18. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    People did want FOC Bruticus, as it sold out at SDCC, Premium TRU seemed to do pretty well, they made a G2 version that sold well at Amazon, of course there is the actual retail release that when it first was released on HTS, it sold out and continued to sell out it's restock fairly quickly.

Bruticus was most likely a test for gestalts in the future, they tied it into the game. Certainly not everyone liked the design of it, but many of the collectors I know personally have it in their collection, so I don't think it's as universally disliked as you think.

As for the YOTH, well it's not nearly as popular as the original releases, but the problem is, if Hasbro made a bunch more of the original release and it sat on the shelves, then after a month they'd be considered shelf warmers by some fans.

So what's the magic number? How many does Hasbro have to make to satisfy every fan, but not have so many that they sit on shelves?

As fans we buy what we want as soon as we see it, for the most part. This is not the typical behavior of the toy buying public. I don't see kids walking out with a cart full of Transformers. Kids have to save up their money for a few weeks in order to buy a deluxe figure, considering Hasbro releases 3 to 4 characters in a wave, that's about 2 months of a kids allowance to buy all the figures they may want. So it makes sense to have the same product on the shelves for an extended time.

Most fans have the mentality that once we have the figure, we no longer want to see it on the shelves, we want to move on to the next figure, and we don't take into consideration that most people don't buy at the frequency at which we do.

There is no easy answer, but I'm pretty confident that what the fans want isn't necessarily what's good for business.

19. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Well, Do you still think this is the third leader class?

20. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Quoted for absolute truth.