AOE found at Wal Mart today

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sidewave, Apr 10, 2014.

1. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

This is good news. Now I'll be hitting up my local Walmart more often

2. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I wouldn't pay more than 70 dollars for that lot

3. CyberPrime

CyberPrime Member

Ebay:
    At the Joliette Wal-Mart (Quebec / Canada ) We have Optimus Prime

4. Catatronic

Catatronic Banned

I see 2 problems with this:

1. Is Hasbro smart enough to know the difference between crap & not crap? Don't they think these new simple transformation are the greatest thing since sliced bread?

2. Would they actually admit they made crap? I mean they do such awesome market research, this must be what everybody wants right?

5. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Tempe, AZ
    OK, then Walmart knows they are crap and will take a bath on them after the movie is done in clearancing them and broke the Street Date to try to move them.

6. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    This, I once found PCC Grimstone when he wasn't in the sytem...
    And FOC Shockwave, And a countless number of Lego and other Pink Merch.

7. Tranzilla

Tranzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not at mine. Mine are either not that bright or just plain lazy. The CSMs are equally so.

8. sh002

sh002 Banned

Pass and I don't even go to Walmart anymore

9. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they place an item on the shelf it isn't whining to want to buy it, they can key in a description as bannanapple jimjum and put in that price you can sell anything by keying it in with some type of description.

They wouldn't even get a fine because it's not listed as that item being sold, I'm not saying it's something a regular cashier can do under a certain amount.

I worked at WM and I know how it works, they don't care they want money the people that say they won't sell it are people that are lazy or incompetent of being able to do it..

10. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I normally never shop at Walmart, but I remember back in 09, ROTF toys were put out the day or two before they were to be released. I called my local Walmart and they said if anything is on their shelves, they are for sale to buy. I didn't have to wait.

11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But if Wal-Mart (or any other store for that matter) were to know those toys are crap, why are they buying them?

12. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've wondered the same thing I understand they are betting on the movie hype to sell toys I've seen he WM World Magazines in the back that hype them up and make workers think we are selling tons.

However, from a purely business standpoint I don't know how they keep their jobs there has to be massive amounts of data on the number of these toys that are previously unsold I don't see how they don't order more conservative amounts to offset their losses.

I know these are new toys but to WM and managers they consider Transformers Movie Toys all the same product regardless of which movie it is they are supposed to base ordering on previous performance of products but that's WM for you.

13. tfwmongrel

tfwmongrel Plastic Crack Addict

Hasbro's not even smart enough to release more MP-10 Primes when people are paying eBay nearly $300 for them, or buying overpriced shitty KO's of them, or even going so far as to buy that stupid YOTH and stripping the blinged-out gold chrome to repaint him in normal colors.

So no, Hasbro is not always smart.

14. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    I'll wait and see what prices will be in the other box stores.. Target, KMart, even TRU has been cheaper lately on IDW/BEAST toys than Walmart.

Couldn't care less about the flip, smash, change toys, but good to know things are getting shipped out....

15. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    They must be. That shit wouldn't fly in my old store.

Yes, they can do what you described, but only after they attempt to scan it or punch it in. By the book.

And while I'm not doubting that you worked at Walmart, but I do question as to when. In the last year alone, inventory has been harped on even more, and CBLs now teach all register-located departments and the front end to check in proper steps. Try to scan it, if that fails, punch in the numbers, and if that fails, find a similar item and if that fails, punch in a description and as much of the UPC as you can. I was an Electronics Associate first and after that, a ZM over hardlines and book buddies with the front end ZM.

I'm also again not doubting your employment at Walmart, but you'd also know getting fined for breaking street date is a very real thing and can come out of your Associate Bonus as well. It's essentially the LP account.

And there's a huge difference between lazy and incompetent versus just being ignorant on the matter and actually not breaking the street date rules.

I'll say again though, if it's not in the logged in the system, it's usually free game.

Anyway, the point of ALL this was this wonderful quote right here:

Truth.

16. bman29

bman29 Dancitron

Ebay:
    village_people_1.jpg The more I look at this line up I get a Village People vibe. I mean tell me Grimlock doesn't look like the Native American member. With his teeth forming those tassel looking pieces on his chest. Plus the head spine and the brown colored armor. Its all a subliminal joke by the Hasbro Crew.

Attached Files:

17. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't believe how much they want them for on ebay.

18. AoE

AoE OUR WORLDS ARE IN DANGER

News Credits:
    Darn, they know where I hide now! :lol 

I don't shop at Wal Mart though, so I'll probably jusy wait it out and hope that one of the other stores breaks the date.

19. Jazz 4

Jazz 4 Well-Known Member

Buy yo generations, buy yo platinum editions,and buy you beast hunters, cuz baybots are aboit to shelfwarm for 5 years again.
    Hes creepin on your favorite characters, messing them all up, trying to shelfwarm with ugly characters that wont leave.

Who else thinks that rattrap tankor and crosscut wont even apper till after july-august or at all for that matter.....

20. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    what-does-that-even-mean-jackie-chan.jpg