AOE first movie to hit $100M opening weekend this year

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Optimus Prime, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Same old story.

People can say 'hahahha take that Tranformers for the win!' all they want but really this phenomenon is sad because the $ success of the series prevents real change from happening and the Transformers brand from being much much more than what the Bay/Orci&Kurtzman/etc. junk has been.

So to me, if you really like Transformers, you should want more for them/the live action movies. And anyone who denies the obvious and massive objective shortcomings of these things as movies is in denial/blind/a troll.

2. moylan55

moylan55 Well-Known Member

didn't see anyone come into a thread and blatantly call other posters stupid when that was happening

Or they just have a different opinion than you, strange as that may be

3. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    There was so hype in Russia that in the first night after the tickets appeared in internet they was absolutely bought for 2 days ahead!(especially in IMAX theaters) Russia VERY love TFs!!!

4. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Right on, since financial success is clearly a reflection of the movie's quality!

/sarcasm

5. moylan55

we should start taking a running count of all these. I think that's 4 or 5?

6. Ring3r

Ring3r Knows what else it can do.

Thousand. You forgot the word thousand.

7. ProwlPrime

ProwlPrime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm glad the movie is doing well, and I expected it to do well despite what the "critics" were saying. But, I have no desire to see it. As a long time transformers fan, I find myself completely disinterested in the movies now. I just can't motivate myself to see it. I'm hoping that will change with the next one, and I'm sure they'll be another one. I haven't bought any of the merchandise since I purchased a couple of items from the 2nd movie---the aesthetic just doesn't appeal to me anymore. Still, I'm glad they're doing well, and I'm glad other fans love the movies and merchandise.

8. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    for the record, could you please let us know the film it is that we want? Just so we know.

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Nah, I think we'll have perfected cloning by that point, so if anything his death would only leave us without more TF films in his style for maybe 20 or so years. Less if they accelerate the clone's aging.

This. So much this.

You obviously missed the threads about the rumors from a guy that saw an advanced screening before anybody and how everything he said didn't speak well of the plot. People were swearing up and down that he was lying, that the Dinobots had to be in the film and he was a lying scumbag. Among other things.

A transformers film that's directed from the perspective of the Autobots, probably. It's always the human angle of the plot that the films use, and while that's understandable because of the "live action" aspect, it feels like the actual plot involving the transforming aliens fighting a war gets shoved to the side far too often to deal with some unrelated human drama.

10. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! That's what I'm talking about! I'm pretty sure it'll hit one billion dollars worldwide and will be the only film to do so this summer.

11. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see Galvatron return in Transformers 5.

12. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Ok, cool. Good to know. Now, should I continue liking the non-Transformers movies I like, or is there a list somewhere I can refer to?

13. moylan55

I did. still doesn't come close to the level of insults we're seeing in this thread. And that's a poor example because no one had any way of knowing if that guy was telling the truth or not. two different situations

14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks like Transformers 5, 6, 7 and 8 are a go. Surely, they'll want to leave Michael Bay at the helm, and why wouldn't they? He makes money, and lots of it.

I'm just happy the franchise is healthy, successful and very well known.

Hopefully, Hasbro and Takara will reward the consumers with awesome toys and shows to come=)

Someone needs to cut Takara a check and give the the green light for the entire season one and two cast of G1 characters to be done up in MPs:cool: 

Edit:

I think Guardians of the Galaxy is going to give this movie a run for its money.

I want to see that more than I do TF4. I kind of think the new TMNT movie might do pretty well too, probably better than this even, especially if it gets good word of mouth going for it, which I think it will. Many aren't expecting much from it, but trailers continue to show that it isn't as bad as many thought it would be.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

So you object to a well written film that clocks in at under 2 hours :) 

16. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I sum it up like this.

If you were a fan of transformers years before the movies you know Michael bay is bastardizing the mythos / franchise / and any personality the transformers had prior.

If you are a movie indoctrinated tfnfan this is as good as it gets because you never had to live with out ILM making it look amazing so you think we are crazy when we say we want more and you see the old cartoons.

Problem is the great stories and characters are what one doesn't see when you look at the old cartoons as a movie fan. Also all those toys that we bought that were not even on par with the new stuff and you say f@#$ that I got CGI glory why would I need to go watch that crap.

Problem is that for a lot of us who dislike the movies they are not transformers and optimus as an icon getting horribly twisted and perverted to match bays attempt to macho bad ass him is disturbing. He is so far removed from being optimus yet the masses are eating up and its truly disturbing.

These movies in my mind would never be supported nor liked if the CGI wasn't the main driving point. There is no substance to the characters and the nostalgia factor is just not there but hey there are sure some cool scenes. Cool scenes do not make these movies worthwhile with out a reason to care. The transformers we all love are just cannon fodder for some sick bastard from Hollywood and lining his pockets with total disregard for you me and the franchise we had supported and kept alive before any movie.

17. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    First time seeing it was eh...
    Then talking with people about makes it better.
    Gotta see it in imax to make it complete.

18. vrba79

vrba79 Well-Known Member

Haters be sobbing into their own butts.

19. Son of Carl

Son of Carl ROCK BEATS EVERYTHING

I think I love you.

20. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I didn't understand the headline, but did they just say the box office earned 300 million?