AoE Film Interview: Lorenzo di Bonaventura talks TF4, dinobots and future directions

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by BladeStorm, Jul 5, 2014.

1. BladeStorm

BladeStorm All Prime, All the time!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
  2. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nothing in the article implies that. They just have no interest in exploring any stories set in space. The next film could just have Optimus Prime returning after his journey. Just because he left earth and they don't want to tell any stories outside of it doesn't mean Optimus has now been pushed aside. He's the main protagonist and the face of this series.

[SPOILERS]

In my opinion, it is extremely likely the 5th entry will have parts set in space. Age of Extinction had a lot of foreshadowing and hints about future plot lines set in space and the film ended with Prime going on a journey to explore those potential stories. They've told us in the past we wouldn't get Dinobot's, Michael Bay said he hated them and yet every interview Lorenzo has done since Age of Extinction has come out has had him say that they've been trying to work the Dinobots in since RotF. I remember when Michael Bay said yes to the possibility of Unicron appearing in a sequel after Revenge of the Fallen had come out yet two more movies since and we still haven't gotten him. Lorenzo is saying no to every question that's asking him if we're getting stories in space because he and Bay don't want to make any promises to the fans they may not keep. It's also way too soon for information about the next installment to be revealed anyway given Bay is still uncertain of returning. Their just playing it safe until they start actually making that movie.

3. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I don't mind when a film is a self-contained story, but I'm pretty annoyed that all the bits with Lockdown weren't meant to foreshadow anything or tease stuff for future sequels. I thought AOE did a decent job foreshadowing and hinting some things we didn't fully understand.