Aoe evasion mode optimus prime vs hftd battle blade optimus prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Wildstrikes, Jul 6, 2014.

?

Poll:Aoe evasion optimus prime vs hftd battle blade optimus prime

Poll closed Jul 16, 2014.
  1. Aoe voyager evasion mode optimus prime

68.2%
  2. Hftd voyager battle blade optimus prime

31.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstrikes

Wildstrikes Deceptobot

News Credits:
    Which is better?Age of extinction voyager evasion mode optimus prime or hunt for the deceptions voyager battle blade optimus prime.Tell me.

Attached Files:

2. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

I'd like to see pics of them together as well.

3. Wildstrikes

Wildstrikes Deceptobot

News Credits:
    Here

Attached Files:

4. noobcyborg

noobcyborg Member

Well Battleblade is Awesome transformation and mini matrix but Evasion optimus has perfect body less kibble ,I perfer choose Evasion optimus .

5. thunder117

thunder117 Magna Defender

Ebay:
    BB Optimus Prime: way more detail, very heavy construction, complex transformation, but a lot more kibble

Evasion OP: Genius engineering to turn from G1 truck mode to movie bot form, and once painted, can STILL look like both generations' modes accurately

I have both, so I can't complain about anything :D 

6. Primal007

Primal007 Member

Ebay:
    I love evasion mode Optimus. Not too bothered about bb prime since I have the leader class from rotf.

7. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think they are both the pinnacle of voyager design for each model.

8. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I don't own evasion but I voted for it because battle blade is just a pain and he isn't fun to transform plus those stupid bowed legs. Both are great figures.

9. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Already been discussed.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...38-best-voyager-movie-optimus-prime-mold.html

Here's what I said that time.

I picked up an Evasion Mode Optimus Prime today, and you know what? I really really like him. But I was a bit concerned that it might be because he's all new and stuff so I decided (as you do) to dig out all the Movie Voyagers and group test them.

[​IMG]

TF07 Voyager Optimus Prime, if I go over his pros, there's a lot of them. His truck mode is probably the best out of all the Voyagers and the most interesting. Aside from the chunkier proportions and tilted roof he has his little disappearing driver, both his spring missile launchers are stowable in ALT mode and he even has light piping for his blue headlights! His Transformation isn't that difficult and includes a fairly nifty Auto Morph step in his legs. Once done his robot mode proportions are actually very good, even if he's not screen accurate.

He's far from perfect though, the biggest flaw is his mahoosive backpack in robot mode, plus wierdly his arms/shoulders don't lock into his torso in robot mode... something I didn't remember. He has no ankle tilts, which was meaningless back in '07 but makes a big difference compared to modern figures. Plus talking about his feet they're always leaned forward, presumably to accomodate that Automorph feature.

[​IMG]

ROTF/HFTD Battle Blade Prime... well. Let's start off by saying... goddamn he hasn't aged well. Sure he looks accurate and is a marvel of engineering, but did I have fun transforming him to a robot from truck? No I did not. Fiddly as anything and tabbing/locking his chest torso is a nightmare and because of the transformation his legs aways bow inwards at the knees, something I vaguely remember from back in the day. Plus his head isn't ball jointed, so he can only look left and right, no upward motion!

Not to say he's not without merit, he too has stowable twin guns, has his swords and is basically a shrunk down ROTF Leader Prime, but too many bits popped off during transforming him (both his chest pieces, one of his slidey arm bits) so I gotta say, he's not a fun guy.

[​IMG]

I suspect I'm in the rare position to be able to comment on the DOTM Voyager Prime that's not all weaponised. I spent a rediculous amount of money (for what he is) getting hold of the Tak-Tom version with 'Mechtech Trailer!' First things first, that trailer is a big pile of shit, but it does look good as a trailer. His Mechtech weapon is actually *gasp* very good, in that it goes from a fairly screen accurate blaster and locks into a sword. The truck mode has a cursory 'Stealth Force' mode where you can expose a few extra guns and stuff. Eh. He has the best light piped eyes of all the Voyagers, clear plastic with blue painted eyes works so much better then clear blue plastic.

His transformation is OK, but his arms! Woeful, they're weirdly stubby, bowed inward at the elbow and the slidey panels don't lock so you're always fighting them. He's not bad, and I can see why he was made (because the previous Battle Blades guy was a fiddly mess) but he should have been better.

[​IMG]

Evasion mode Prime has flaws, his truck mode has a gappy back, he sorely needs more paint apps. His gun doesn't stow away in truck mode even though it looks like there is enough room for a clever gun to fold away between his legs/torso.

But aside from that? Love this guy. He goes from by far the smallest truck into the biggest Voyager Prime. His Robot mode proportions are chunky and heroic, not like Battle Blades who looks anorexic by comparison. He is super posable, and crucially, his transformation is intuitive and fun. His gun is much maligned but honestly? I think it works well with him.

Plus, you see that large gap/indentation toward the rear of his truck mode? It can accomodate the DOTM Mechtech trailer.

[​IMG]

It doesn't lock into place but it can haul the trailer around and actually looks like they could have been made for each other. So yeah, he's not perfect but on balance he's probably the best Movie Voyager so far.

[​IMG]

So yeah, my list goes, Evasion>>TF07>>ROTF/HFTD BB>>DOTM.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  10. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    The paint apps (or lack there of) kill Evasion Mode Optimus for me. I'll get Rust-O from the 3-pack, and consider one in these colors if they release a version where I like the paintscheme on it.

11. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    AOE Evasion mode Prime wins.

12. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    It's nice to see that as some time has passed, more people seem to be coming around to the Evasion Mode side and recognizing just how great a figure it actually is.

Battle Blades OP was amazing in its day and is still a great figure, but Evasion Mode OP does pretty much everything better, and is actually fun to transform, which is a consideration that gets too overlooked, imo.

13. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

Agreed, and the group shot above your posts pretty well confirms that. Evasion Prime is a pretty fun figure, but he looks like hell.

14. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I appreciate both figures for what they represent.

Battle blades Optimus Prime is a great figure. Both his modes where awesome. The transformation to get them from one to the other was tedious. The robot mode was as movie accurate as a voyager can be and the Peterbilt truck mode is awesome. The matrix is a nice touch. The details in the paint are something that we may never see from mainline toys again.

Evasion mode Optimus Prime is a cool toy to have as well. The G1 truck mode is killer. The silver stripe was a nice touch. The transformation is fun, although it takes a few time to figure out the tricks to alleviate the stress on some joints. Bot mode is very fun, but the lack of paint apps takes away a tiny bit. I wish the upper arms could have been red or silver instead of blue. And I would have preferred to have his "shield" over his mouth on the head. I picked this one up mainly for his alt mode and came away happy with everything else.

15. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Haven't voted as I cant say yet, but HFTD prime was awesome. Just as complex as the leader, but just as fiddly and a lot more delicate! I actually broke mine...

Evasion Prime looks great, well the mould does at least. Horrible colours on the standard fig. I have rusty prime on pre order, however. That thing looks fantastic.

16. Huffington

Huffington Banned

I gotta say that I despise Bay-Formers but that Evasion Prime is damn sexy

17. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The thing that bothers me about the Evasion mode prime is the alt mode. It is an outdated and almost non-aggressive looking alt mode. I want to like it but alt mode is just too "wimpy".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.