Anyone watch NCIS, if so...*spoilers*

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Rodimus Prime, May 23, 2009.

1. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    What do you think of the season finale?

I think Vance is either in on something with Eli David (He's lied many times and remember the first thing he did as director was to replace a page in his own file and shred the original) or was lied to by the Mossad director.

Here are some things that bugged me:

1) The Israeli's could not have missed the laptop when they cut the lines, meaning they either already had/took the info on the laptop (location of the base in Africa) or left it to be "found" (ala Ziva's emails to Rivkin).

2) Vance suddenly claims to have knowledge that Ziva was sent to kill Ari and get on Gibb's good side. There wasn't even a hint of this until now, and the only thing that makes sense is that Eli told him on this last trip. So how would Mossad suddenly know? Ziva likely told Rifvin this when they were sleeping together.

3) Eli said that everything his agents do, are expressely ordered. While Rivkin was tracking down the enemy cell, he was also killing all of them as he went, and was acting as a ghost op (and an unwelcomed one at that) in an official NCIS investigation.

4) Eli wanted Ziva to remain to "finish" what Rivkin started, and it's hinted that Rifkin was trying to get her to go back with him.

5) The Star of David she was wearing at episode end. I may be wrong, but I was under the impression that Mossad do not wear those while on an op/undercover cause... they're sort of a give-a-way.

6) Why was Rivkin so drunk when Tony showed up?

So my own theory? That Mossad Director David is playing at a much larger game here, one that requires focusing the terrorist cell's anger at NCIS. This is what Rivkin was doing when he first showed up, and that his relationship with Ziva started out as being ordered. However, as time went by it started to bother him, especially with Ziva, and so he screwed up (by choice or accident?) and killed that one American agent. His continued deteration led her to call on Mossad to extract him, but Tony accidently gave Eli the perfect excuse to get Ziva back in Israel instead.

So why did Eli want her back? To give her over to the terrorists so she can provide info for them about NCIS. She'd know a lot about Mossad, yes, but he could have ordered codes, routines, etc. changed already, while she was out of the loop. Remember, this is the guy who got a Palestinian lady pregnant so he could have the perfect double agent.

2. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

The season finale just stunned me. I couldn't believe the end scene. I mean fuck, she looked AWFUL.

And I do believe her Dad is the most evil out of all of these people. My Dad still bitches about Vance, a season's worth of episodes later and he just hates the guy. I have the feeling (because it's NCIS, and like JAG before it) that Vance won't be the bad guy. Just a prick being used like the rest of them. I could be wrong, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm worried though. JAG suffered when NCIS came onto the scene. Will NCIS now suffer the same fate because of it's spinoff? I do wonder and worry about that.

I'm hoping that with Mark Harmon's interaction (being one of the producing force and all) will help keep it on the air. It's one of the only shows in US history to actually gain ratings as the seasons climb. (According to Wiki.)

NCIS not only blew JAG out of the water, but it's just a damn good show, period.

I'm hoping the spinoff's as good, just not better.

3. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    How necessary is quoting the OP when you're the second post?

4. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

What the hell? It's not ending your world, is it?
    Then don't worry about it. Geez.

5. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

My dad's starting to wonder if the people behind NCIS aren't the slightest bit misogynistic. He pointed out that every big character death has been a woman (Agent Lee, Director Shepard, Kate, etc.) and then Zeva's (Ziva?) character kinda flies off course & becomes a little more whiny/b*tchy and a little less ass-kicking, then this happens & it seems like she was surprised Mossad was keeping secrets from her.

But I digress... it didn't feel like a season ender to me--the three-parter with Agent Lee should've been the season finale in my opinion--but I do wonder if her father lied to her & send her into the mouth of the lion to show her how "soft" NCIS made her, or if he did this so she'd infiltrate the terrorist cell & take them apart from the inside. I do agree with the points Hot Rodimus said, but I'm still hoping for more development on Vance since he still seems like a (potentially evil) cypher compared to Shepard, albeit a LOT less annoying.

I have a feeling the terrorist cell is going to attack NCIS, prompting the LA branch to come in & help, thereby setting up the spinoff.

6. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I'm starting to wonder if the people that were holding her captive are working for daddy.

7. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I honestly thought Ziva was gonna kill Tony.Anyone know the connection between Ziva and Rivkin? They kept showing that picture with 3 kids, and I'm assuming it's Ziva, Ari,,and Michael. They can't be brother/sister (eeewww), so maybe an arranged marrige?

I can't wait till september.....

8. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Excellent point about the writers. I think they're just cruel, really. I think Bellisario picks the darkest writers... they killed Bud and Harriet's baby on JAG, ended the Admiral's chance at happiness with an affair, Harm and Mac never really received the resolution they deserved. NCIS now, as you mentioned is just killing women off left and right (although Kate was killed because her actress wanted to leave the show. Bet she regrets that...but I prefer Ziva anyway.)

As do I.

For a brief moment, I was pretty sure she was gonna shoot Tony. But we all know she really loves him and he loves her. (I doubt they'll write them together. It'd be too nice and out of character for the show's writers.) The three kids in the picture were Ziva, Ari, and their little sister. (She was mentioned as being killed when she was younger.)

The show's excellent, it keeps me riveted, but some of the storylines are just inhuman towards the characters. I mean how much more shit can Gibbs take? I do hope his Dad makes another appearance though.

9. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If it's anything like the two episodes we've seen, I *really* doubt it. It just looks awful. LL Cool J making football remarks while playing with that bloody screen got on my nerves.

Like someone else said, Kate wanted to leave, but I think part of it is trying to get the same "shock" factor they got with Kate's death. Judgement Day in general just kinda sucked.

Remember the episode (3-01?) where Gibbs had to help Ziva out, and came back from Mexico? She had a similar reaction then, and it came down to the fact that she expected her father to alert her to any possible relationship-damaging activities so she could help smooth it over if things went bad.

Anyhow, I think Vance is dirty, if not evil. The guy is willing to destroy part of his own file to hide something and there's a hint that he might have served in the military (the episode where you meet his friend and they both seem to have a damaged retina, etc.).

10. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

I had forgotten that Kate wanted to leave, but I agree. It seems like they're just trying to go for the OMG THEY'RE DEAD reaction more.

11. brownsinman33

brownsinman33 New Member

I'm not sure about that. I think that the writers tried to make Gibbs the bad guy in the season finale... first, with him having to choose between Ziva and DiNozzo, and then with the "Judas kiss" and then with him being shown up by Vance... It just seems like the writers are trying to pin the blame on Gibbs.

I think that Eli David knew that Ziva would give Gibbs the choice, and knew that Gibbs would choose DiNozzo. So he had Ziva take over Rivkin's mission--which was to infiltrate the terror cell in Africa. To do this she had to "be captured" and be tortured to prove her trustworthiness.

Season 7 could bring the split between Ziva and her father, and her becoming a full time Special Agent for NCIS, instead of a Liason Officer. It could also bring Gibbs' worst fear, where NCIS would never hear from Ziva again, due to her father. Vance is only a pawn in Eli David's game, which will also probably be dissolved in the new season...

This is all speculation... I hope that in the new season, Gibbs is not demonized like he was in the season finale.

12. gil

gil Godmaster

I always wanted to watch this show, but stupid American Idol is on and my girlfriend get's the TV. I catch it on USA, and I was watching a few episodes on this past weekend's NCIS marathon. Shitty they didn't do it in order. One of the main girls got shot in the head and the next episode USA showed wasn't a continuation.

Anyway, Since there's no more Without a Trace and 11th Hour, NCIS should fill in just fine (don't really care for the Mentalist)

13. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been watching this now for a few seasons and i've gotta say i was a little stunned to see Ziva like that at the end...I thought she was supposed to be super bad ass? I don't think they will Ziva though but I do think a member of the team will die in the next season b/c I see a big head-to-head with Mossad. I hope the spin off is good as well and I hope they actually do some crossovers to hype both shows.