Anyone recognize these display cases?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by cartman5579, Feb 4, 2013.

1. cartman5579

cartman5579 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If so, please let me know what they are and where I can find them!

Attached Files:

2. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Based on the look of the hardware, I'd say they started life as Ikea Detolf shelves, but were incorporated into a custom build.

3. turbocuda

turbocuda Member

WTH!......nothing like Ikea cases at all.....just because it is glass?....looks more like some older store display cases.

4. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I see these in department stores, not sure if exactly the same, but definitely the same type.

5. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Not just the glass, but also the metal brackets holding the glass, and the handles to open the doors. Unless Ikea uses widely available hardware(which they might, I don't know). It's just that the hardware looks identical.

EDIT: Wait, the bottom looks like it has a spring loaded click open function, which is not at all like Detolfs. Nevermind.

Second EDIT: cartman5579, where did you find the pic? Is it possible you can just ask the person who took the pic?

6. prime roller

prime roller 昔者莊周夢為胡蝶⋯

News Credits:
    Well, upon glancing at the picture it's pretty apparent that it's in Asia somewhere, almost certainly Mainland China.
    The 'DongMan' characters on the picture are in simplified characters, and there is a Year of the Snake Ultra Magnus in there.
    Products and services vary greatly in China from that of Western countries. The guy probably had somebody come in, measure his room, choose something from a catalog or from their store, and had them come in and install it. I built an office in China at one time and had it all done this way. Putting in shelves like this would almost surely be cheaper than going to Ikea, doing the measuring and shopping yourself, putting the stuff together yourself, and winding up with low make-do shelving.
    I shelved out a room when I lived here in Taiwan at another time before, but I had to do the measuring, go to the shop, take the stuff home myself, and build it myself. I paid a bit less than I would have had to in Canada, but a lot more $ than in China, and a much bigger pain in the ass.