Anyone reading Archie Sonic?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by GigatronSama, Dec 18, 2008.

1. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

For the last two years I've taken an interest in this series. The storytelling has improved greatly over past years, even in places showing more promise than the games themselves.

Though recently Silver has appeared and he tends to bring suck with him wherever he goes, so I'll be interested to see where that goes.

2. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

It would take a serious black hole of suck to ruin the current Moebius arc, which has been nothing but pure awesome all the way through.

I started a thread on the book over at the Archive, which has been going strong for two years and 75 pages. So someone's still reading the book.

3. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I have been reading this series since I was eleven or so... Possibly younger. My earliest issue is number 4 though I have glaring gaps in the series up until number 37 clear through to 60, I missed 61 and 62 and it was hard to find them regularly during the seventies, eighties and nineties so I'm always on the look out for back issues. Archie Sonc is the single most favorite Comic in my collection and the only series I see myself collecting every single back issue, regular issue, trade/archives collection to the end of it's run. Since we're almost at issue # 200 now I foresee Sonic running for a long time yet to come.

I find that all of the story lines and plotpoints are enjoyable and they tell a very interesting tale that interweaves plot elements from the games quite convincingly. Though because of their deal with Sega some of the games tend to make limited stories that never really resolve themselves. Though I can see why since they would interfere with the ongoing arc they've got cooked up right now. I can't wait until I can pick up the next issue or issues I need to score some Christmas Cash next week for all the comics left in my bin.

I don't know what the problem is with Silver to be honest that you have seeing as how I have no official exposure to the character aside from his brief appearance in the last issue I read. But still if he's tied in to M25YL somehow I think they could pull it off rather convincingly.

And although they seem to maintain the status quo with Robotnick/Eggman consecutively for year after year they still manage to pull good stories out of the aether and give us a great read. Here's hoping that their plans for issue 200 live up to the last milestone or even surpass the ultimate final battle of issue #50. That would indeed be a sight to see.