1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone play golf?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeremy.B, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    Just curious if anyone else here is a golfer? I am, and with school winding down in February, hope to start playing more. So, if you are a golfer, where are you and what is your favorite course you play?

I am in Birmingham, Alabama, one of the best golfing states. My favorite golf course is Oxmoor Valley, which is part of the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail.

2. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

Yup. Love to play. Though with a family, job and starting a business, I'm lucky to get out more than five or six times a year. I'm supposed to play Pebble Beach either next week or the week after and I'm really looking forward to that. I haven't played that course in...oh...8 or 9 years. Typically, if we're playing on the peninsula, we play Spyglass or Spanish Bay instead.

3. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    Yeah, one of my dream courses. My brother and I are saving up to play St. Andrews in a few years. He is a golf nut, but younger and no wife, so he plays a lot. I hope you have a blast at PB!

4. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

Good luck with St. Andrews.

It's currently entirely lottery based. Even staying there, at $500 a night, doesn't guarantee you a tee time.

I've been there and wasn't impressed. But I only saw the 1st and 18th...didn't get a chance to play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.