Anyone pass on Siege Omega Supreme due to space?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by johnchow604, Apr 13, 2020.

1. johnchow604

johnchow604 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I loved how Omega looked and was planning to buy until I realized he was 2 foot tall. Living in a condo, I don't have space. I would have loved it if he was smaller, maybe CW Defensor, Superion, etc sized. Anyone else run into the same issue?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Thatsjustkreo67

Thatsjustkreo67 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im passing on all of the Titans due to space. Id love to own a Fortress Maximus, but alas.

• Like Like x 6
  3. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dear God no.. he might be big, but he's going to be a hard one to top, and to obtain at decent price once he's completely gone from retail.

He's not like the other "Titans" in many ways, he doesn't transforms like them, and sets himself apart from the others.

I do kick myself for missing on Metroplex, did get Fortress Max at least, did have Trypticon for about an hour then returned it to the store after it broke (hip ratchet) as I was barely putting it together. But while missing Metroplex is a bummer, if I would have missed OS, I really would have hated that more than words can say.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  4. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    I say just buy it and work out the space issue once you have him in hand.

That is what I am doing with Earthrise Scorponok.

In the past like 35 years, an official Omega Supreme (and Scorponok) this awesome, are once in lifetime release from Hasbro up to this point.

• Like Like x 4
  5. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Definitely. I’m trying to fit all my Godzilla, Transformers, and Jurassic stuff into the same room. No space for Titans.

(Also, not gonna shell out $150 for a partsformer...)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Yes! Well that, and the yellow face and those weird ass redesigned skeletal hip joints which totally kill the aesthetic for me.

Will most likely be skipping ER Scorponok because of space constraints as well, unfortunately.

7. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

Omega looks amazing.

However, I have passed on him because of space, cost, my liking of YOTS OS, and liking the idea of Metroplex, Trypticon, Fortress Maximus, and Scorponok being my only Titans.

8. Booster Gold

Booster Gold Superhero?

News Credits:
    I pass on most really large Transformers due to space and their cumbersome ungainly nature. I'm having a really hard time not pre-ordering Earthrise Scorponok but as yet have not... I'd do it in an instant if he were smaller.

• Like Like x 1
  9. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Yeah, I would be all over Scorponok if he was leader class. Would go well with MP (or Siege) Shockwave for some old school Marvel brawling!

• Like Like x 1
  10. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I passed on him after they redesigned the hips. That coupled with the fact that I didn't like his yellow face ánd his size - I'd have preferred him to be around CW combiner height - made me lose interest.

Having seen some of the face mods later on I did consider still getting him; but really, I want to (try to) stick to Citybots for this size class.

11. BuyandBuild

BuyandBuild Well-Known Member

If I didn't have Energon Omega Supreme, I'd probably get him. I'd love the G1 Color Scheme but the fact I got him in a tub of TFs at Good Will for $50 just makes it hard to give him up.

12. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Yeah, Sadly I just don't have space for a titan. If I really worked on getting everything in order, I would have space for 1 (and spoiler, it will be a custom Animated Omega Supreme).

Commander class is the perfect "big class" for me. I plan on picking up Jetfire soon for my S1 Autobots and Skylynx for the centerpiece of my Micromaster City display.

Although, If we get the rumor new Metroplex, I would get him as he is my favorite city mode. I'll probably go back in a few years when I have my own home and get them.

13. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

I passed on all titans because of space.

I now own fort max, trypticon, devastator and omega. I failed at space. But I've ended up selling a load of stuff to make space and cover the cost. And rearrange my shelves to fit their base modes (it's brought out from the wall a little) and covered them in figures to help reduce space. I regret nothing.

• Like Like x 4
  14. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    The only time space becomes a factor for me is if it's a minor character. For instance, my Autobot shelves are pretty full right now and I have 0 connection to the ER Modulators as characters so I'm skipping them.

Omega Supreme was a core Season 2 character so I made space for him.

• Like Like x 1
  15. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I did the alternate and passed on having space so that I could have Omega Supreme

• Like Like x 12
  16. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I passed because of space and price. So far, the only Titan I bought is Fortress Maximus. I was very disappointed with it.

17. Deltron Magnus

Deltron Magnus TFW's Prettiest Princess

I was going to pass on him due to space issues, but ended up caving in. I am glad I did, as he is fantastic figure. Still haven't worked out the space thing, but Omega is definitely worth the trouble.

• Like Like x 2
  18. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:

He seems to be about gone now. Everyone is sold out of him. Hasbro may have got the production numbers right for him as he's never gone on deep discount like previous titans have.

19. Terramotus

Terramotus Triple-Changer

I passed on him due to scale, mostly. He's supposed to be about a head bigger than Devastator, and this means the only Devastator he could possible scale with is Titan class Devastator. The problem there is that 1) he wouldn't scale properly with any other combiners, and 2) the individual Constructicons are just way too big. They're supposed to be, more or less, of a height with the Seekers, and they're just too big for that. So that means I need a different Devastator, which means I need a different Omega Supreme.

It's not perfect, but I ended up going with Planet X Genesis. The scale works great with TFC's Hercules, and he's an awesome figure, even if he's not as perfectly G1 as he could be.

20. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought I'd stick with the old Year of the Snake Platinum Omega Supreme with 3rd party Maketoys upgrade but once I got the Siege Omega, that became the standard bearer. Luckily he fits in my display case next to Metroplex where the old version used to go.

dsc_0299.jpg

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 4