Anyone not completely buying the whole "mutiny"?

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Bathawk, Apr 14, 2016.

1. nim

nim Member

he wasn't showing concern, he was making up an excuse to get whirl on the rodpod.

2. Sockie

Sockie Veteran

News Credits:
    Yeah, Mainframe wasn't trying to convince Velocity to not go along, he was trying to convince her to take Whirl as well for "extra protection" so he'd also be off the ship for the mutiny.

3. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope the next leg of the series is a race between the lost light and the exile group to reach the Knights first

4. Bathawk

Bathawk Well-Known Member

yeah I wouldn't mind a "meanwhile" or a "flashback" issue detailing whats going on the lost light

5. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That pretty much what I've been expecting to happen in later issues.

6. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Don’t call me a member thank you very much.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    It would be equally good for me if we didn't though and the absence of info on that feeds into another bit of plot or set's up another mystery later on.

Like Rodimus and co finally catch up with the Lost Light later in season three and they've found the Knights Of Cybertron but not all is as it seems and the ship's deserted. Or the Lost Light returns at the end of Dying Of The Light to save the day. Rodimus himself is rescued by Thunderclash, who has overturned the mutiny and tells his story.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope so.

It'd be a waste to not do anything with the mutiners. This can be their chance for the spotlight.

8. Bathawk

Bathawk Well-Known Member

eh respectfully disagree, they kind of used a variation of that concept in "Slaughterhouse"

9. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Much as I always like to see Bluestreak as a nice guy, this does fit in with his disdain for Decepticons which had been part of his character since G1.

I can forgive Getaway if he kills Tailgate. He's a really unlikeable character to me. He had no problem cheating on Cyclonus
    I've wanted him killed of since very early on in the series. Making him ridiculously powerful is bugging me too since now he'll be harder to kill.

Also I'd be glad to see the non toy bots go too like Nautica, Riptide and Rung.

10. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I figured his friendship with Brainstorm is why he wouldn't be compliant in all this.

11. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Don't sweat it.

Nautica's already rumored to get an offical TR toy and she's well protected from being written out by her popularity and the Smurfette principle.

I daresay not too many people at comic books publishing or even Hasbro are concerned primarily with what characters had toys three or two decades ago. If it's a nobody B-lister who had a one or two toys ever it's even less important than a shiny new character who's popular. Because they can always design new toys.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Still Perceptor is a rather cold and detached person, or perhaps he's the mole within the mutiny...I dunno. Maybe he just doesn't care either way like he's known about it nor really cares about what's going on as long as they let him be.

I still wonder more about Thunderclash, is he really as great as everyone says he is, maybe he's really a colossal prick or he's just being duped by Atomizer and Getaway into thinking this was a necessary sacrifice and that Thunderclash is a patsy scapegoat while either Getaway or Atomizer are really running the show?

Still we probably won't be seeing this Lost Light till like October at earliest if the first issue of Season 3 focuses on the Lost Light for a bit, depending on how Season 3 is written we may not see these characters again till next year or potentially 2018.

I hope we can get some confirmation at like SDCC or sometime soon on a outline of how Season 3 will play out.

13. CountOrlock

CountOrlock Well-Known Member

You realize that if you followed this principle, Transformers would never get new characters ever? And furthermore, there would be ZERO female Transformers because not even Arcee had a G1 toy.

I really dont understand your dislike for non-toy characters. I mean, would you be happy if they get toys? Then they would no longer be non-toy characters :p 

But Im assuming youre just like a toyline Geewun type of guy, and if they didnt have a toy in G1 they dont matter...

14. Megano

Megano Well-Known Member

I know what..kill him.

15. CountOrlock

CountOrlock Well-Known Member

#KillGetaway

16. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

You've definitely picked me up wrong there. I don't dislike them because they don't have toys. I just don't like the characters themselves.

I always liked Tailgates G1 toy. One of the first Transformers I played with a kid but I really don't like his character in the comics.

My first loyalty will always be G1 but I actually love getting new G1 characters like Acid Storm and Tap Out.

In this instance I just don't like the characters Rung, Nautica and Riptide.

Ironically I don't like RID because it focuses on too many old characters I never liked such as Kup, Arcee, Wheeljack, Skylynx, Rattrap and the Constructicons.

Anyway I don't want to derail this thread. I do agree it would be nice to see more of the mutineers and the circumstances that led to their mutiny.

17. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

Didnt save trailbreaker.

18. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    I see this come up time and time again, all over the boards.

I seriously mean no offense ... but ... why not just read the old old marvel comics, watch the G1 cartoon and collect nothing but the G1 bricks?

Everything you ever wanted is there. Why not have at it?

I am 32. I loved G1 when I was a *child*. The "I'm bad, you good, rawr *pew pew pew*" written storytelling was enough for my developing mind at the time.

This is why I have a G1 MP collection. More articulation, and the rose tinted nostalgia I grew up with.

I don't want G1 in my IDW. I know some of you do, but as I mentioned, there is a shit ton of other mediums for you to get your fix.

let us have new characters. Let us have something different.

Embrace the change.

19. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Trailbreaker was a relative nobody who was brough once in his spotlight, then maybe two times, then killed because he was literally the least important part of the crew with more "onscreen" presence than total extras populating this ship.
    Not even a part of the "Team Rodimus".

He was also killed long time after his MTME toy was released.

20. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

And right befor his combiner toy was rekeased

Also trail breaker had been there from the beginning he was easily just as relevent as nautica