Anyone know anything about Javascript???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tarngold, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Tarngold

Tarngold Knight of Braves

News Credits:
    I need some help, i uploaded my content originally to homstead.com, a hosting site that gave me a 8 megabyte space to work with, but when i uploaded my .js files, i had no idea getting them back would be so hard. I accidentally deleted the folder with the page contents in it, so attempted to recover the info from the site, when saving the files they dont seem to be the same, ive uploaded an updated text file that i renamed .js but its not working, even though the original format of the JS file was JS!!!!

Check out the link in my comment for the test page. I need some help recovering the Java menu system i had.

2. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I'll try and help, but it's a bit unclear what has happened.

Are you saying that the menu.js etc files ARE uploaded to your homestead space? And that you deleted them from your source folder on your PC? And now you need to get the .js files back on your machine?

3. Tarngold

News Credits:
    Yes, and when i did get them back they downloaded as text files with a .js extension, so i associated them with the old default program, they looked like .js but when i clicked on the test HTML in my same folder it wouldnt recognize those .js files and no menu was generated.

4. aussiehippy

Ebay:
    Are they definitely in the same file structure? Did you have a different folder for the .js files before or was it all in the root directory?

It should really recognise them if they are text files.

5. Tarngold

News Credits:
    They were all in the same folder in a root directory. Ive recreated that as much as possible, even naming the folder they were all in the same.
    And heres the wierd part, i went to edit the Menu.js file and put in another menu item, but when i pasted that to the homstead folder and overwrite the file on that server, the menu dissapeared. Same file , same text, what the hell gives?!

6. aussiehippy

Ebay:
    Dunno if you still need help with this, busy weekend = no TFW for me.

What are you using to transfer the files to homestead? Is it a FTP client?

Also, sometimes, changes to websites might not be picked up in a browser until you refresh the page with F5. That's probably not it in this case though.