Anyone here saw Transformers The Movie in theaters when it came out?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by HordakFan, Aug 4, 2012.

1. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    I was in mid-20's when i saw it first-run in theaters.
    Nothing beats the big screen.
    There are times when i like this film on big-screen better than them-bay productions.

2. RADimus prime

RADimus prime not so well known member just known

This was the first movie, And by far best....

3. Brokenn77

Brokenn77 Autobot Wrecker

I begged to go see it, but I never got to until it came out on VHS. When I finally got to see it I watched it like literally 6 time in a row, and many times since.

4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I saw The Transformers Movie opening day, a warm sunny day in August 1986. I was also happy to see TROOP when it first aired as well.

5. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    i was 9, and i loved it. OP's death blew me away..

6. nicoath

nicoath Active Member

I was around twelve when my uncle brought myself and my younger cousin to see it. It was incredible! All those Autobots getting destroyed. :p 
    My younger cousin cried when Optimus died, he was so heart-broken.

I cried when poor Starscream's dreams were shattered :( 

At least he finally became leader...briefly.

Then we wanted the toys...well played Hasbro of the past, well played.

7. mrprime95

mrprime95 autobot <3 :)

I remember my first time seeing Transformers 1 in theaters lol
    At first I was hyped about the movie TMNT. I was a transformers fan, just not a hardcore one like now. My uncle and two aunts went to see it in theaters with my siblings. And I remember not knowing what to expect. And when I saw blackout transform for the first time, I went crazy lol. It was unlike anything I've ever seen ! When the movie ended I started crying, because I didn't want it to end. And I saw it 6 more times after that in theatres.

8. Autobot Optimus

Autobot Optimus Autobot Commander

I saw it opening day (Friday August 8th, 1986) at the age of 10 with my best friend, Scott. We both were pretty excited from the commercials and from seeing the video for Stan Bush's The Touch. I remember as we both turned to each other in horrified amazement after seeing Brawn, Prowl, Ratchet and Ironhide gunned down in the first few minutes. I'm not sure, to this day, if any death in a movie affected me as much as when Optimus Prime died. Sure we knew it was a possibility from the commercials but they wouldn't really go through with it would they? Yes, they would. I remembering wondering at the end of the movie if that was it. The story line was pretty much all finished up. The good guys had won. The new golden age was now upon us. What more could there be?
    Then after the first half of Season 3, I remember staying home sick from school and watching the repeat airing of "Dark Awakening" I then saw an ad for the upcoming "Return of Optimus Prime" episode. I don't know if I've ever been more excited about an upcoming television episode. My hero was coming back!

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Blackout? Are you talking about BayFormers? This is about the 1986 TF movie. The Transformers: The Movie.

10. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Beyond the characters who clearly died "on-screen" meaning we see go from life to death who else were just laying there dead? Wheeljack, Windcharger.....anyone else?

11. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I was 5, and my dad spotted it at theatres, and took me and my cousin. It was great, even though we left mourning Prime and Starscream.

12. Megatron1

Megatron1 Decepticon LEADER

I saw the Michael Bay films in theatres. EVERY SINGLE ONE! Each one more amazing than the last.

But, as for the animated film, I watched that on the Internet, because I was born in 1996, so I didn't get to see THAT one in theatres.

13. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Alas, I was born after it's release, so I did not. I did catch up with it online; it's quite a fun movie :) 

14. Megatron1

Megatron1 Decepticon LEADER

Same here. But at least you got to see all the Michael Bay films in theatres, right? If so, that makes up for it, right?

15. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

My first introduction to Transformers, back when I was a wee kid, was Beast Wars.

After Beast Wars, I kinda moved on and missed out on its sequal and the Armada trilogy.

But then BAM! A film starring giant alien robots fighting each other and I was starstruck. Remembering how awesome Beast Wars was, and now that I could see the robots on the big screen, I saw the first Bay film and voila, the Movie franchise has been my number one since then :) 

16. mandiprime97

mandiprime97 Junkion

News Credits:
    Yep, with my brother.

17. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Yup, my Dad took me.....I remember being shellshocked when Prime died that's for sure!!

18. Scypris

Scypris Fire in another hole!

News Credits:
    I saw all three movies on the day they came out. The First movie I was with my dad, he seemed to like it, though he was never really interested in Transformers, but he likes the movies. The second one I was with my dad little brother and my cousin. And the third one I was by myself..

Edit: Wait is this about the cartoon movie? If so, I only saw a little bit of it, but thats when I was 6 or 7.

But the show that got me into Transformers was Armada. Then I watched a little bit of the movie (an old friend had it)

19. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Wow... I feel OLD. LOL I was 8 when TF: the movie was in theaters in 80's.

20. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yup, saw it at least 5 times in the theater when I was around 10 years old. Thereafter, I rented it so much on VHS that I literally wore the tape out of the video store's only copy. Then one day my mom found it for sale somewhere in the States, paid a pretty obscene amount of money for it (because owning movies on VHS back then wasn't the norm as it is now), and I eventually had my own copy... which I also proceeded to eventually wear out.