Anyone here hate the Animated Optimus?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by dare, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I don't know, Transformers is hot right now, and they've already stated that it debuted like, CRAZY-high in its target demographic. I bet we see all of it.

2. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil TFW2005 Supporter

Honestly at first I hated the animated thing, but today just watched the first episode, and was fun as hell!!! I laughed a lot! very cool!!! and yes! now I want the toys!

3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Seriously? Haven't you been the one popping into all the threads about the toys with nothing more to add than "meh?" If you're serious, awesome! Glad you finally came around :) 

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Can't say until I have him in hand. He looks like a refreshing change. I have so many Primes, im glad to get one that sticks out

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

k lol then don't watch it lol the rest of us will enjoy it :) 

6. Eitheta

Eitheta Well-Known Member

Primal and A\E\C Prime were pretty different than G1 Prime. Primal had similar values to Prime, but seemed to be overall, a bit more mellow and rational (well, at least until Beast Machines when he went all Zen). Primal would be a lot less likely to go charging headfirst into a crowd of Decepticons than G1 Prime. Unicron trilogy Prime is a lot stricter and less compassionate than G1 Prime.

Also, Prowl's personality is pretty similar to his G1 tech spec and the IDW comics - cold, logical, emotionally detached. In the cartoon, he didn't seem to have much characterization at all. Was never a fan of the Marvel or Dreamwave comics, so I can't really comment on that. Okay, so he's a little more spiritual now, and he's a motorcycle, but the idea is the same.

G1 might be 24 years old, but all the great Autobot leaders learn from the past. =p

7. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I have it on pretty good authority that the seeds of the future are buried there. ;) 

8. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

primal was always so super powerful though, and so was g1 and the more recent primes.

it's boring when your hero characters are super powerful like optimus prime has always been, ESPECIALLY in the newer series. he might not of been as super powerful as g1, but it's in the past it's time to move on,but a character that is perfect, just seems fake. and boring, because there is no progress in his character's development, when he just starts out, as man number1 lol.

i liked g1 prime too, but why must all the characters BE the same character forever, it's also a lot more interesting at least in my opinion, when optimus prime is NOT the super powerful one, and megatron is.

lastly, to me, it's best to watch a show about man, who starts out as nothing, and becomes something, then a show about a man that starts out as something, and still stays the same thing.

that's my point there.

g1 optimus prime remained the same prime through out the whole series. until he died, he only changed, after he died, in my opinion.

9. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

Great prediction.
    Mine is, I predict we see all of it. 7-8 seasons at most:D 
    Given that Cartoon Network swept the awards for TV animation last year.
    ----

And I like this new Optimus somewhat. It's a refreshing change to see him as budding leader instead of being the almighty Autobot leader. Maybe I'll like him more when he gets his episode.

10. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Well, if rumors are true, you only have a couple more days to wait!

11. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    Animated Prime's alright. I don't dislike him or anything, but he hasn't had any major episodes to himself yet (The first three don't count because they were everyone episodes). His tools are pretty cool, though.

At least he doesn't have a silly-looking super mode like Unicron Trilogy!Prime did.

12. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Animated Prime is okay. As far as a personality is concerned, G1 Prime probably wins for me. As far as a design is concerned; it's definately between Movie Prime and Cybertron Prime. I find Prime wish a supermode much more "badass". But I can still accept G1 Prime not having a supermode, but I couldn't see Cyb. Prime without one.

Animated Prime is ok, not the best or the strongest Prime in my opinion. But as far as ambition goes, he's probably better than Movie Prime, who was a wimp. Still, I believe Cybertron Prime is the strongest out of them all. Even if he does have a supermode.

13. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Movie Prime? A wimp? He realistically lost to an unfairly big Megatron and that's all there is to complain about. He's not weak, Megatron is too strong.

And his lines had the most depth, though its all because its a movie. I cannot see any other Prime say 'Freedom is the right of all sentient beings' in a way that I'd take it seriously. Movie Prime's sad/serious-looking face does it, though he could do with more faceplate time.

14. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah man! I totally loved the show!, is so freakin' funny, I loved the first part when Prime and company are watching that old G1 episode, man, I loved that!

15. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

Animated = srs business.

16. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Awesome! Welcome to the club!! :D 

17. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    Frankly, I like this new Ops, sure he's inexperienced, but Kaye does a great job conveying the idea that he's still a compassionate and capable leader.

Just give a couple more million years to toughen up.:D 

18. dare

dare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I disagree with all the posters who say give him time.

He's had time.

In the one hour special of the Beastwars pilot, we see Primal display qualities that define him as leadership material. He had a good head on, and fought with honour against Dinobot.

In the 2.5hr five faces of darkness, yes Roddy bitches and gets all emo about his new role, but when the action came down to it he led. When there were tough decisions, he pushed.

TFA has had more than enough time to develop TFA Prime into something, at least. All we've gotten so far is a dweeb. He doesn't fight well, Ratchet's smarter than him, he laughs at bumblebee's size, he decides it's a good idea to melt the dinobots to slag, he eats dirt against lockdown and starscream, and he died for less reason than movie Jazz. WHERE are the hints of potential? I for one don't see any. He has little wisdom, or respectability, or authority.

n fact, I dare say you can take him out of ALL the episodes so far and it wouldn't change a thing. He's almost like a background character.

19. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I agree. And in that time he's shown himself to have potential (saving the others on the asteroid, kicking Megatron out of the airlock, going toe-to-toe with Starscream despite being insanely overpowered, and a pretty awesome escape attempt in the Lockdown episode), that there are reasons he's where he's at (Sentinel Prime's and Ultra Magnus's comments), and that he's intriguing enough to me to want to know his past and find out more about him. If you don't like that, that's cool, but the whole "he's had time" doesn't hold much water with me. It's called character development, and if it all happened in 3 episodes, what the hell would be the point of the other 20-something in the season?

20. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Also, this is an entirely different Prime. The war's been over for hundreds of years, he's had no REASON to fight, or become the uberbadass leader. Seems to me like Animated is the reignition of the struggle, and we're actually going to see him step up into those shoes over the course of the series. How is that not totally awesome?