Anyone here hate the Animated Optimus?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by dare, Feb 11, 2008.

1. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I admit I'm starting to loose my patience with TF:A Prime. This could be because the show really likes to concerntrate on Bumble Bee, who seems to be the Wolverine of the show. I like Prime's stuff and sort of jealious that I haven't seen the other Primes have anything like it. The foam, grappleing hook and ESPECIALLY the axe are all awsome.

It's kinda awsome that he has an axe, you usually dont see the good guys using that.

The show hasn't really challanged Prime, yet. I'm eager to see somthing that'll force him cross a certain threshold, like, he'll loose somthing but gain somthing else basicly.

2. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

I don't hate the animated thing, sure is funny, but nothing more. Is not cool, just funny. Is not part of the TF universe for me. Just fun.

3. Archatron

Archatron Banned

Ebay:
    Vehicle modes really close.

4. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's kind of where I'm at. I haven't really SEEN enough of Prime to decide how I feel about him yet. I think what we've been shown has potential. Although this week's episode might start to shed some light on the subject.

5. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

I like just about everything about Animated including Prime. Yet, I really do miss my grand ol' G1 Optimus Prime. Animated Prime is definatly the next best thing in my book. He's got personality, faults, and he actually takes charge. I guess he comes off as laid back because he's been dealing with humans for a while. But, when Megatron or Starscream showed up he took on each one on one. Well, Lockdown got the drop on him, if only because it was a Ratchet episode.

6. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hate? No. I don't waste hate on cartoon characters.
    Dislike? Nope. Although I prefer the more aged, experienced Primes I do like the new take on Optimus.
    Plus, as others have said it is far too early to decide.

7. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

This Prime will grow into the Leader role eventually. Heroes don't act on instinct just like that.

As for Rodimus having Prime qualities, I don't think bitching about being the hero is one of them.

8. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Wow a few episodes in I HATE HIM DUR!!! Give him time to grow. He's supposed to be young he wil eventually grow into a better leader. Like as in the discription at LAST last botcon. Sory to sound blunt but I am pissed right know. DAMNED ASS EBAY FUCK!

9. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

Yeah, I've been waiting for Prime to show something worth liking for a while, too.

What I was thinking was that if they're eliminating the amazing confidence and leadership qualities, theyre going to have to give him other likable qualities to make him stand out as a character. Well, they switched out his leadership qualities, but I'm just not seeing anything cool replace them. He seems bland most of the time. He needs something to make him special, make him worth remembering 20 years from now.

I was hoping that if he isnt going to be a confident leader, he was going to be an awesome fighter. Apparently he is an academy bot. He may not be commanding, but he should at least be a very skilled fighter. He should be doing crap in fights that make the other autobots just go "dammnn" (not really, you get the idea). Instead, though, he just fights like the rest of them. I was really dissapointed when he got his ass handed to him by Lockdown without much of a fight. Is this really the Optimus Prime they want kids remembering in 20 years?

I just hope he grows into an awesome leader like Primal did. He probably will. Until then, make him a skilled fighter or something because he might as well not even be around most of the time.

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Thats the reedeeming quality for me right there.

11. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    I can see where he's coming from. I'm not too happy with Prime's character so far. I don't hate it, but I definitely don't love it.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Optimus is the 2nd best Optimus..Nothing beats G1, Following in erd is Cybertron Optimus.

1.G1 optimus
    2.Animated optimus
    3.Cybertron optimus

13. Binaltech Tech

Binaltech Tech Covert Operative

I think that the entire concept (show and toys) are an insult to the adult collector comunity. But I can see why kids would like it.

14. axiant

axiant Autobot paper pusher!

Harsh.
    That's just the point. Why shouldn't Hasbro/CN make a entirely new concept of Transformers just because the adults fans want something different, more 'adult" per se.

As for Animated OP, I agree with everyone else so far. Comparing this Optimus to already well-developed (and done with) OPs is just too soon.

15. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

I hate him so much I cry myself to sleep every night, and sacrifice a goat and spill its blood over my MP Prime in honor of the GREATEST PRIME EVER.

16. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Personally I try to avoid spilling stuff on my MP Prime, but that's me >.>

(had to say it :p )

As for the current Optimus, I agree it's too soon to really pass judgement on him, but I do think it'd be cool if his voice at least develops as the series progresses. We know David Kaye's got a great range for voice acting, so it shouldn't be too hard.

17. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Well, Kaye himself has said the voice developed over the course of recording, so who knows.

18. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    I'm all for David Kaye voicing Animated Prime. He's done his job as he wanted to. Just that I don't like the way Animated Prime acts sometimes.

Though I am losing patience with Animated...

19. Legless Pete

Legless Pete Chairman Kaga

I don't get the reverence for G1 Prime, to be honest.

He was ridiculously overpowered most of the time, yet ridiculously underpowered when the stories demanded (like most of G1), bland and one dimensional (like most of G1) and had numerous inconsistencies (like most of G1).

Meanwhile, aniPrime is detailed, multifaceted, detailed (notice that his trailer doesn't randomly appear- if he loses it during transformation, it don't come back) and above all, FRESH. Get over your little cult, people.

20. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Yeah, I don't like him.

big, blue corpse-bride lips on optimus prime = bad.