Anyone heard anything about Bad Cube?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by boomerdave, Nov 23, 2017.

1. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

Been a long time since we've heard anything from Bad Cube. I'm not a huge facebook social media person but they haven't posted anything on their facebook page since August when Huff came out. I don't believe they had anything at TFCon either.

I know many 3rd parties are keeping stuff under wraps lately but usually we have something by now (even a tease) and I haven't heard anything. Has anyone else? It just makes me wonder what's up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    I like Badcube. Hope they are healthy, wouldn't mind a Cliffjumper from them.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I haven't heard anything either. They're probably my favorite 3p. Got their insecticons and Wardog and planning on picking up brawny soon and maybe even Huffer (even though I don't like the character all that much). Might even get their Sunstreaker at some point: I'm not liking what I'm seeing of the takara version.

4. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Nope and I don't care. The last product I liked from them was Sunsurge.

• Like Like x 5
  5. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    If the rest of their figures were as well designed as the new version of Huff, I'd get more of their stuff, but as it stands, their transformations are mostly the stuff of nightmares as I've stated in previous threads. I'll keep Brawn for now, and I might get their Gears, but they won't be getting much more of my money unless they can really refine their design and engineering processes. Fanstoys and Maketoys are really the companies that are killing it at the moment, the other companies....to say they need to step up their game....understatement of the decade I think.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They don't have an immediate game plan and don't intend to announce anything until 2018.
    -Their Facebook page

To be honest, I think they got burned by doing insecticons at the same time as FT, then again with Trailbreaker. To make it worse, Huff 2.0 wasn't received as well as we would have liked.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 8
  7. Kid Icarus

Kid Icarus Castlevaniac

Thing is, their Gears stand-in looks absolutely amazing in both modes... but going from one to the other is less a nightmare and more of an exercise in absolute frustration.

Frankly, they should've just renamed him "Tab". Not the most enjoyable figure to transform. I think design wise they're getting better though.

• Like Like x 4
  8. KevinSig

KevinSig Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I think we've seen a take on TF Prime Optimus & Megatron in development by Badcube.

• Like Like x 2
  9. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    True, their designs are getting better and Gears does look good for sure, their engineering though.....damnit man....

• Like Like x 1
  10. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh hell yeah! I will not be able to throw money at them fast enough if they do good mp style TF prime figures!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I ddn't pay much attention to badcubes's version of HUFFER / PIPES mainly as I personally prefer my minibots to not be minibots so when they made Warpath big that was terrific but the others I would have enjoyed more as MP car size. Bumblebee caused a bit of a line wide discontinuity to me.

I thin it's because I see certain particular characters as being in the Taller than a typical Autobot car but smaller than Prime size category and fo me Minibots are not really something I want to be tiny. I'm not totally against the idea as I can still use them as expensive deluxe but if I had a taste in MP's it would be realistic vehicle modes, use of Chrome or silver paint and no over-sympilification or excessively fussy designs.

To use an example if Takara made a version of Sideswipe with some chrome on him that would be about right for me. I don't think Badcube is flying down Takara less than idea cartoon fetish path to far and I thank them for that.

I get the impression people like them to match what they have already and that is likely why these are sized to Bumblebee - But I think Bee is way way to small so anything copying him to me seems small too (so I don't treat them as MP's I treat them as fancy Deluxes).

That means wardog fills a gap and he can go on the shelf with the others but Bad Cubes Swerve got stuck in a draw with some of my Deluxes. where he will likely stay until I get another guy of the same size. But I admit my tastes are weird as I really do not much like MP Soundwave either - he looks really old fashioned & Plain to me now. I find I just tend to go for the play value now and don't really give any concern to who they are - so much as what they can do - so lots of Combiners and Headmasters and the like for me lately - Minii-bots are very far down the list.

12. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been fortunate to be quite happy with BadCuebe's releases of the Insecticons (Bug Corgs), Sunsurge (Sunstreaker), Blaze (Red Sunstreaker), and Huff 2.0 (Huffer). I would like to see more of that from them soon.

13. Victory Force

Victory Force Transformers Weeb

I've asked them about the Police Sunsurge a few days ago but they can't confirm. So probably planning something?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    As much as I want an MP-style TFP Optimus Prime, Badcube is the last company I'd want it from.

15. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

Oh god I hope so. I periodically ask them about a police deco as well.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

They used to be one of my favs but I lost interest after sunsurge. Plastic got cheap feeling and something was always off in the asthetics fitting in with my other 3p and official. Im sure they are still around but I won't be buying anything from them. I'm really left with FT XTB KFC and WeiJiang maybe TT but really getting turned off by pricing and insufficient character choices. I still have my cubex and chest paint is intact. One of my favs.

17. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

Well it sounds like they're still around which is good. They're not my favorite company but I do have a good amount of their stuff in my collection...just seemed odd everyone has some kind of "coming soon" out there and I hadn't heard anything.

• Like Like x 1
  18. unexistance

unexistance 60:1 scale human in Diaclone world

it would VERY wise of them to find their own niche market, or at least not clashing with FT/MT MP-styled stuff

TFA or TFP would be nice, previous tries by 3P in Animated stuff are not that popular

• Like Like x 2
  19. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

They'd better get on with the Minibots before TT comes along and flattens everybody.

I'm kidding.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

I'm not a huge fan of some of their transformations but I think they've done a good job with character models. I'd love for them to do more minibots tho