Anyone got any Megaman?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by GigatronSama, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I got the two X's and Ride Armor, all for $20. Which means the guy who sold them to the shop got less than that. I can just imagine that guy finding out how much the ride armor is worth. Talk about a kick in the nuts.

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I just got my X3 Max Armor kit today... wow, not my favorite armor but looks awesome, even fixes a problem my basic X figure had with his helmet not fitting straight. Only gripe (other than it's not the Hyper version) is the sheer mass of stickers, they dont like to stick to the chrome and every time I pick him up I'm rubbing the edges of his decals which might be problematic.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Yeah, I ended up painting the Max Armor (non-chrome) because it's stickers just suck. I think there's 24 stickers on that?

I was so happy when I found out the (chrome) fourth armor is mostly painted (and with chome paint, unlike what it shows on the package). the armor itself only had 10 stickers, four of which were on the rim of the boots. the stickers it does have are really good and stick to the chrome just fine.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Double post, but I just got these three in the mail today.

[​IMG]

I am very happy.

Zero's armor kept shattering though. had to be glued many times, and will never come off now. probably because I got the original release of the kit, since no one I know who has the newer releases has had that problem.

the gold sticker on his chest vent is my own addition, to make him more accurate. just trimmed a bit off the sticker sheet when I was done with it.

and just for the hell of it, a shot with the rest of the kits I got this week.

[​IMG]

it was a very good week. kinda expensive though.

5. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

Man, All X looks so much better in plated than clear armor.

6. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

ok i got the zero and x kit and the max armor kit is in the mail........

every arm joint on them has split.....

is this normal??? am i doing something wrong? I tried super gluing zero's but it split again.....

its not horribly floppy after but it still kinda sux

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    My Max Armor kit's polycaps split too. It seems to be a problem with just the white ones (I've fiddled around with my plated Rockman far more often, and his joints are fine). for the best stability, open the part (if you can) and turn the polycap so that the split faces away from the way the joint bends, So the elbow joints would have the split pointing towards the back. also - with future kits, don't push the peg all the way into the polycap. the pegs are a tiny bit wider at the base than they are at the end, and this will speed up the splitting. while pushing the piece on, you should actually be able to feel where it wants to stop, just a few milimeters away from the end of the peg.

Yeah, but covering up that gold frame of his makes me feel bad. and taking a picture of him is a pain in the ass.

8. GigatronSama

awe man, now that you mention it I do see a broken polycap in All X's buster. I think when my next kits get here I'm going to file down the pegs just a tiny bit.

I also have Legends Roll and Tron on the way. I'll take pics with my Drill arm Megaman Trigger when they get here.

9. Bumble Prime

since i turned the polycaps to face the back like valkysas suggested, its actually no big deal lol

10. Bumble Prime

i just dug out my complete collection of 2" figures from the original bandai run in the early 90's...........ahhh memories

11. Crown_Athlete

Crown_Athlete Well-Known Member

Sorry about digging this thread up, but I have some Q's:

Was there ever a model kit made of Vile? And does anyone have pictures of a completed Forte kit?

12. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah there was i was lucky enough to find a ride armor model, vile and bit. I was unable to find a falcon armor though. The vile armor is of vile from x3.

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    yup, there's a vile kit. look for vava mk.II.

it's very rare, and will go for a big chunk of money if you find it.

I suggest just trying to find the armor set (they were sold in bags) for him, and put the set on a zero frame (for black limbs). it'll look the same as a full vile kit, and be much cheaper.

14. GigatronSama

I've been chasing that Vile kit for a while now. It's probably the most insanely expensive there is. If you're willing to pony up $50-$80 US plus shipping from hong kong one of the retailers on ebay has it pretty frequently. But for a better price you have to do some fighting.

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    My brother's got one heck of a Megaman collection. Only two figures - the Toy Biz classic Megaman and the exclusive game pack Ultimate Armour X. He makes up for it by having all the games. Lots and lots of games:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Cynicist

Cynicist Give me the 'oop

I don't remember if this site was posted in this thread, but it has pictures of most of the rockman kits

Rockman Kits

ah I would love to find the ride armor...and Bit/Vajurilaff...and the falcon armor. :D 

17. Crown_Athlete

Crown_Athlete Well-Known Member

ƒ￾ƒKƒA￾[ƒ}￾[•ÛŒìŽ{￾ÝMHƒlƒbƒgŽx•”

UGHHH I want that SO damn bad.

I am going to try and track down those Dash kits.

18. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Wow, really? Vile's price must have exploded... I got mine for around 20 bucks, and he's been collecting dust behind my computer monitor ever since. Nice figure, though!

The one that has eluded me is Forte (Bass). I've never seen a Buy It Now for less than $100 on eBay, and have stopped checking regularly. Probably missed a few along the way. :( 

19. Cynicist

Cynicist Give me the 'oop

20. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got mine new for $40.