Anyone got a softspot for hated TF characters?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Mirage00, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Mirage00

Mirage00 Master of Hiding

Mine would be Huffer from G1, he is not a very talked about character but i just love the fact that he is so negative lol. He is kinda like the rattrap of G1 just not as developed as a character. I'm not sure how hated he is but I don't think too many fans care for him.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm To Infinity - and Your Mom TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Huffer is hated? I guess in that vein, I enjoyed Gears from the 'Changing Gears' G1 ep.

Personally, I find it silly when fans bitch and moan about how they dislike characters intended to be unlikable, like Sentinel Prime or Professor Princess from TF: Animated. I love both of them for being excellent examples of the characters they are meant to be.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not sure who all is considered a hated character...except for maybe the kids in Armada?

4. Venixion

Venixion Evil Dust Bunny-con

News Credits:
    Miko doesn't seem to be well liked, but I like her a lot. She's my favorite of the trio. She's spunky and reckless.

I think Mudflap and Skidz were channeling certain comedians and movies more then I think they were being racist. I think they're funny.

I dunno anything about Nightscream's character, but his toy sure has a cool design!

• Like Like x 7
  5. Weezie

Weezie COVID SUCKS TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Mine is G1 Wheelie. But then again I have a lot of patience for things that many people would find irritating.

• Like Like x 5
  6. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

Wheelie

Sqweeks (probably the first TLK toy I bought...like him even more after seeing the movie)

• Like Like x 5
  7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime System Pride

The only one I can think of who seems to be hated by a lot of people is Nightscream. He's not really a favorite character but I don't hate him the way other people do. I do hate the design though... even more since Twilight cause he's basically the original emo vampire... yup Twilight is so bad it retroactively made Nightscream's design worse.

• Like Like x 4
  8. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I like Wheelie in the Headmasters series, including the Omni dub. In fact, when I think of Wheelie, I think of his Headmasters Omni dub voice over his Sunbow voice.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You mean contrarianism?

10. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave The Fox

News Credits:
    I don't know if Sqweeks is 'hated' (he seemed to get fairly negative reception when that first picture popped up, but then I never heard many more complaints). If he is, I enjoy him, I thought the design was kind of neat.

I've seen some hate for Fixit, but I really liked him. I thought his rhyming gimmick was creative (a lot less cringe-worthy than Wheelie's), and his design was cool. I'm always for non-humanoid robots, especially in shows dominated by humanoid ones.

Also, I came to enjoy Strongarm, who was very hated at first. It took about half a season (maybe a full season, I don't remember) to tone down her 'by the book' gimmick, but once they did I thought she became a very likable character.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much all the Decepticons in RID2015. Seemed like they all got a lot of hate for having animal motifs going on for no apparent reason, but I liked them all (mostly all).

Didn’t realize Strongarm was hated, but if so, then add her to my list. Liked her from the start.

Miko- while I didn’t love her, she never bothered me. And what were the other human kid options? Wet blanket and the nerd? They were always content to stay at the base and had no sense of adventure. In a kids’ cartoon about having adventures with robots from outer space, Miko was the only one that had an adventurous spirit.

RID Sideswipe- I think he was disliked. I don’t get it. Thought he was okay. The entire cast of RID, actually. I liked nearly everyone, but the cast seems to catch a lot of flak.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    After seeing Miko, I can now tolerate Beast Machines Nightscream a bit more.

13. Stormragetron

Stormragetron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I also like Miko . Infact she is my favourite human sidekick . Her last moments with Bulkhead before he left for Cybertron were especially moving .

I also liked Mudflap and Skids ... much more than the likes of Drift , Crosshairs and Hound .

Not sure if he is hated ... but i am also a pretty big fan of Seaspray .

• Like Like x 2
  14. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    I like Wheelie, have since 86. I don't get the hate. Not my favorite, but also not at all a least favorite.

15. Whomps

Whomps Well-Known Member

I understand why Miko might rub people the wrong way, but she was my favorite of the 3 human kids, and while I liked Raph and Jack, Miko was easily the most memorable of the bunch and I loved her relationship with Bulkhead the most

Same with RID Sideswipe, I felt he was a funny character that had his fair share of cool moments and growth. I still wish they expanded on his admiration of Jazz. It also helps I ship him with Strongarm

I was also surprised a lot people here seemed to hate Seaspray, I really liked him too and thought he had a great focus episode

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Venixion

Venixion Evil Dust Bunny-con

News Credits:

I like Seaspray too and I think he's a good character. I think its his voice that grates on peoples nerves. Like, I wouldn't mind G1 Wheelie, who is a decent character, if it weren't for his obnoxious voice.

• Like Like x 1
  17. KremzeekTyCobb

KremzeekTyCobb Geewunner... 84/85er (yes, I'm one of THOSE)

Good question! GEARS has always been close to my heart. The Jumpstarters too!(Flame suit on!)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tetratron

Tetratron Well-Known Member

Cyclonus from the Unicron trilogy I see annoys some people but I've never minded him and I've always had a soft spot for Transformers who turn into Helicopters.

When he starts yodeling in Energon though is when he can fuck off.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  19. MrUniqZ

MrUniqZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Leader 1 from Armada?

20. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

i like these two too as well. Gears for the same reason as feralstorm, and Huffer because I believe he might have been my first TF ever. He or Brawn. But I dislike Brawn.