Anyone getting sick of MPs?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Acesan, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope. My dream is to have every 84-85 character in MP form. Many 86 characters get in there as well. A few later guys but most I have no attachment to so CHUG is good for those. Sorry Doubledealer, I don't care enough about you to spend over $20 on you.

2. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Nope. Next question.

3. ferrari35

ferrari35 Well-Known Member

Nope☺

4. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

nope

5. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

Nope! Im not sick of them at all... I want more MPs! Especially triple changers and Beast Wars figures

6. Primeconvoy1

Primeconvoy1 Cybertronian Broker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Not really. This is what I want in my Transformers collection.

I collected CHUG figures for some time, but I've liquidated a lot of my collection including vintage stuff, to make way for MP.

MP just hits the mark for me. It's expensive, but I ended up focusing my collection mainly on MP, so it's manageable.

7. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No not really, they are not coming out quickly enough. I want to enjoy my collection before I'm dead. I'm actually worried they will miss some small characters, but thank goodness to 3rd party

8. Adamosaurus Rex

Adamosaurus Rex Well-Known Member

Big fat NOPE.

9. Insectabot

Insectabot Well-Known Member

No, but I do like others, just don't have room to go down that road. I do have unique toys galvatron, does that constitute a chug?

10. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closet otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

11. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes.

I would say 3P toys mostly fall into several categories.

1. Legends - This was actually the first category supported by the 3P when Justitoys made their "Smallest DinoRobots". The guys stand as tall as a Legends figure.
    [​IMG]

2. CHUG - Started by FansProject with Warbot Defender, this figure is clearly intended to stand in for Springer in the 2006 "Transformers Robots in Disguise Classic" line.
    [​IMG]

3. Alternators/MP - Initially started with accessories for Alternators and MP10, we got the first full third party MP figure with FansToys Quakewave.
    [​IMG]

4. Super Deformed - My least favorite category, the first full transforming 3P SD figure came from TFC Toys in the Primary School Optimus Prime.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  12. Optimus Prime23

Optimus Prime23 Lighting our Darkest Hour

News Credits:
    This.

LOL and this.

13. Hive

Hive Active Member

I've been dreaming about starting a big G1 Classics collection for years upon years now. That dream lost all meaning to me once I saw the Masterpiece line, which now is all that interest me.

The Masterpiece line is basically what the child within me imagined my 80's TF toys to be like. But thanks to TT, I no longer have to imagine that part.

So to answer the question: no.

14. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    No, I think we need more of the official MPs...but if they keep going the MP Track route I'm not so sure. I'm very pick which MP I pick up.

15. robh

robh Decepticon

No

16. nacho

nacho Well-Known Member

The current TT/3P output of MPs are what a huge chunk of collectors have wanted for 30+ years. I had pretty much every CHUG, unopened, and I sold them all last year. Why would I want smaller, cheaply made, poorer representations of these iconic characters?

At this point, it 84-86 MP or nothing, and I'm thankful for 3P giving us options as well as producing characters that HasTak won't get to in the next decade, if ever.

I know non-G1 fans and non-MP collectors don't like it. But to those fans, I say that it's our turn, and five years from now, all the G1-MP-fans will be satisfied, gone, and the market will shift to something else. Then they'll have something new to complain about ;) 

Tired of MP? Awww, hell no.

17. Shockwave81

Shockwave81 Protecting Cybertron from all hostile threats Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I agree with all of these points - I sometimes look at my shelves and think "only a few more...", I realise that sounds like I'm wanting it all to end, and that's partially true, but I'm more looking forward to the day where I can see all of my favourites together, in a more or less unified aesthetic. No random TF's just because they "look cool" or because I've been dragged aboard the hype train as I was years ago (Unicron Trilogy was particularly bad for this).

Which leads me to supervir2's excellent point:

Nothing has ever scratched the itch like the MP line for me. All I ever wanted was the best possible physical representations of what I saw on the TV screen as a kid. Although many lines came close in their own ways (Beast Wars, RiD, UT, Classics etc.), most only ever honoured the characters I knew, in name. Unfortunately that nostalgia bug had me in its grip and I spent literally thousands of dollars over the past twenty years, trying to sate its hunger on those series.

Yeah, MP isn't cheap, and though some may call me a traitor for buying 3P stuff as well, I feel that I've well and truly paid my share to HasTak for filler product over the years, while waiting for something like the MP series.

It just so happens that I'm also done waiting for the official line to give me the characters I want, and I'm not so sure that I want to put all my stock in the chance that they'll see it through to my ideal point of completion.

Let's just say that I'll be OK without MP Triple Changers and Constructicons, but if they don't finish what they've started with the Coneheads, I may blow a gasket....I'm that close to having the Decepticons I want the most.

This is super cool! Coaching the next generation heheh.

18. Illmatic

Illmatic Well-Known Member

No. I've been waiting to obtain an MP type collection since I was a kid. Hive and Nacho nailed it.

19. eatingcake

eatingcake Well-Known Member

Nope, not at all.

Being more selective though, mainly Takara and FT with a few thrown in from MT/MMC/Badcube.

20. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I'm all about the MPs. I have everything chug and just don't like the quality of the recent Hasbro chug stuff.