Anyone familiar with older laptops?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by LoC Soundwave, Dec 2, 2008.

1. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Long story short: A classmate found a really old laptop PC sitting under his bed in a box. He was going to throw it away so I offered him a small sum for it since I found it kinda neat and I thought that in the right eyes it might be worth something.
    Thing is, I've been spending hours trying to find out anything about it, but besides from a few stores claiming to have batteries for it in the $120+ range, I haven't found anything!

I don't really know anything about computer labels and such, so this is what I've been using to search with:

ALR Ranger
    Model # 120
    25/486 DX

It's running with Windows 95. Monochrome screen, floppy disk drive and such. Here's a pic of it if it's any help :) 

[​IMG]

If anyone can provide any info about this or can point me in the right direction I'd be very thankfull! I have located a vintage computer forum where I consider asking as well, as soon as I figure out WHERE on the forum to post :lol 

2. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    PC brand is ALR.
    The CPU is an old Intel 486DX 25MHz CPU.
    Else you need to check system information to check the amount of RAM and Harddrive capacity, because they can vary on lot depending on configuration.

3. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    that's cool, kinda like the tandy ads with $2500 computers from '83.

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :2c: 

At best, a 25mhz laptop would be a great Word Processor for you or a kid doing lots of book reports.

But i like old tech because a lot of it is still cool after all these years.

so i don't see this as a complete loss.

5. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay: