Anyone ever think of selling their classics line?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Alucard77, Mar 11, 2012.

1. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    I might sell mine( I have some not merage)

But I want to sell or just through away my ledgends/rotf movie!

2. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I sold off my entire Classics collection over the last year or so. Prime and Megatron were the last to go as I didn't really want to part with them, but had nowhere to put them in my display. I loved the line, but wanted money for other things.

My Animated collection, however, will never leave me.

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    No way. Love those guys too much.

4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hell no I ain't giving up my Classics.

I also laugh at the notion of ditching Classics entirely for 3rd Party.

The overwhelming percentage of 3rd Party product exists to fill gaps in the Classics line-up that Hasbro can't/hasn't filled yet.

You dump the Classics and then what? You get the Insecticons and Devastator shuffling around, wondering when they'll get their orders? Springer and Arcee left alone to repopulate the Transformers race?

And then watch, the Generations 2013 line hits, gives you a bunch of characters you've really wanted, and then curse the sky that you've sold off the rest of your collection because now these awesome new guys have nobody to hang around, and try to claw back your old collection back at 10x mark-up.

Yup, I'm gonna laugh myself to sleep over that one.

5. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Never. It's a perfect old-vs-new counterbalance when it comes to G1, and the only ongoing line that I actively collect. Will only stop once/if they finally finish the rest of the 84-86 core cast of characters ala Trailbreaker, Skids, Shockwave, Hoist, etc.

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope. Simple as that.

7. cheapdate

cheapdate Banned

Doing it right now.

8. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I've thought about it but who knows. If I do sell them I might keep just the really cool ones which are mostly the Decepticons..

9. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    if a big enough offer say $400,000us was made i have every main stream classic sense it started and i love haveing them

10. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    I could never sell my classics collection, it is the toyline that represents my beginning of being a full on collector, so it holds a special place in my heart

11. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Do you have Thundercracker and Skywarp? :) 

12. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    lol yip but 400 thousand is alot of money hense why i set that as my amount i would sell cause that collection means alot to me

13. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    No. The thought has never even crossed my mind. Why would I? :lol  Sure my focus at the moment is all about Pre-TFs (about as far away from Classics as you can get) but I just can't see myself selling off my Classics collection - period. IMO Without a doubt they would have to be the best TF line in the past 5 years - without a shadow of a doubt.

14. a-town

a-town Well-Known Member

it's the only line that i collect.

15. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, I sold all my Classics/Universe/Henkei to focus solely on G1s, and have never regreted it!!

16. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

Selling most of mine as they're generally overrated. Will just hang onto Henkei Hound, United Jazz, Cyclonus, Magnus with CC armour, Tracks, and Wheeljack since they're the standout figures.

17. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    I agree that they are completely overrated, and am happily going to sell of the remaining figures I have. To be honest, I never really loved them from the start (I love the concept, but the excecution is meh) I was happy with MP and alts as my G1 update. I remember Classics Optimus coming out and thinking it didn't really look like Prime. Or as much like G1 prime as Cybertron Prime does.

So, rather than being the last thing I'd sell t's actually the first. I have no actual investment in them. They're the most 'just toys' part of my collection. My actual G1 stuff far better fills the nostalgic hole in me, My MP and alts serve to give me my 'definitive' versions. And Animated gets to stay because it was just plain awesome.

Everything else goes for sale now. Don't want them.

18. JokerFC

JokerFC Gaelic Hardcase

Ebay:
    NEVER.

IMO its the best line since Beast Wars.CHUG,BW and G1 are what I display.in the dead time between releases I catch up on my BW and G1....

Id nver part with them.cant wait until fall when we get some more.

19. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, I have thought about it, but it's because I see my collection as something which is continuously updated. I wouldn’t sell my collection as a whole, but I would love to sell of outdated bits and pieces of it. looking at my original Hasbro release of the 2007 classics I have updated them all to Henkei…and even some of the Henkei ones have been replaced after that like for example Henkei Megatron was replaced by United Megatron.

To me they are all just temporary placeholders. I think the majority of them could be improved upon, and if a better version of them came out then I would sell off my old version of that toy in a heartbeat.

Ideally what I want is a collection up to the same standard as Hound or Cyclonus, and in scale in robot mode. Realistically that is really, really, unlikely to happen at least from Hasbros end, so my hopes are with the third parties and if they were to step up to the plate and deliver you can bet your sweet behind that I will be there to pick up and replace my old classics collection.

And looking at those pathetic pieces of shit that is to be the 2013 “asian exclusives” I would say that they really do seem to leave getting a decent classics collection up to the third parties.

20. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Already did except for legends and a starscream and hound. I had a look over what I was doing and realized that a lot of the classics line didn't really appeal to me. Focused on legends, wst and g1 collecting now. Hopefully budgeting in masterpiece (third party and official) can come into play as I would like that "grown up" look of tfs :)