Anyone ever order from ToyBento?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Tontus314, Dec 23, 2016.

1. unicron nemesis

unicron nemesis Collector + Photographer

News Credits:
    I've met Ben Low in person (since we are both from Singapore) and he's definitely a straight up nice guy. Very responsive and responsible. Have since engaged him in further purchases and I can see him trying his best to meet the expectations of his customers. I believe given time and support, he will be even more outstanding. Oh and prices are definitely very fair IMHO, so go tell all your friends.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Mightron arrived yesterday in perfect condition. Stoked. ToyBento have been very communicative and apologetic about the delay. I would definitely recommend them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just an update. I got an email today telling me that the Sweeps are not actually in stock despite the web site saying they were. Not a very good first impression. He may be the nicest guy in the world, but not being able to manage inventory isn't very reassuring. I may give him another shot later in the future, but right now I'm regretting not ordering from ToyDojo when I had the chance since they are sold out now as well.

4. Bensimus

Bensimus Member

Hi! This is Ben from Toy Bento. I'm really sorry we weren't able to fulfil your order, and I do understand your frustration. I'd hate for this to happen to me as well :( 

Thanks for giving us a shot though, we really appreciate it. We're still learning, and we'll get better. Really hope to see you back again, so we can make it up to you :) 

The Sweeps is a really curious case for us, to be really honest; they seem to have run out overnight. We've just checked stock levels just a week ago with our suppliers, and they assured me they had stock. (We're based in Singapore, but we ship direct from China to keep prices down.)

Even after our order was cancelled, our other suppliers were so sure they had stock, only to find out that they didn't have any as well. We scrambled to secure stocks from other places, and returned empty. This took a whole day, and I'm not sure if the delay had caused you to miss the opportunity to get them from Toy Dojo. If it did, we're terribly sorry.

We'll review our sales process to see if we can do things better. Perhaps we should have informed you the moment we had notification?

We're still keeping our optics out for a set, and if we do manage to secure one, we'll get in touch with you? :) 

• Like Like x 4
  5. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    any word on when the titans return wave 3 orders will ship? i ordered a breakaway back in november, just curious for an update :) 

6. Bensimus

Bensimus Member

Yes, the whole wave was delayed, unfortunately, due to the festive loads. The suppliers and the shipping lines couldn't cope. Your order has been sent out early yesterday (first working day for the post office here), and I've packed in a little something extra. I hope it makes up for the delay, and any inconvenience caused :) 

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. shockwave1977

shockwave1977 Shaun

I am surprised there are not more comments regarding Toy Bento and Ben. Very professional and I love his attention to detail. He is very prompt with his replies and his pricing is rather good. He has definitely earned my business. Thanks again Ben!

• Like Like x 1
  8. kojacker

kojacker Well-Known Member

Have looked to order from ToyBento in the past as prices are good but going through checkout shipping to UK was just far too high. Maybe it's changed since. Additional $59 to ship Jinbao Bruticus, when you can buy it shipped for 90. I added a few things as the Gnaws were cheap to make over the $150 for 'free shipping', and shipping was quoted as $89. I think if you do live in a cheap shipping area the prices and range on ToyBento are really good.

9. EgonatelloProtonShell

EgonatelloProtonShell New Member

As of right now, I'm on the fence with Toy Bento. I ordered Fanstoys Phoenix, Cloud 9 Quakeblast, and Robot Heroes OS Starscream back in March 2017. I just received FT Phoenix, which was a pre-order, on June 23rd but no Starscream or Quakeblast, which were in stock. I contacted TB about this the day I received Phoenix but haven't had a reply yet. I get Phoenix being delayed since it was a pre-order, but what's the excuse for Starscream and Quakeblast, which were in stock?

10. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This was posted to his fb the day you received Phoenix which would explain why he hasn't replied to you yet

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. EgonatelloProtonShell

EgonatelloProtonShell New Member

Thanks for the heads up

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's usually pretty quick at replying with me however shipping can be slow in my experience

13. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    A big +1 for Toy Bento from me, too. Ben went out of his way to track something down from me when his supplier let me down. The service was really quite fantastic.

• Like Like x 2
  14. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

I must have one of the Phoenix's stuck at customs (along with KBB Skywarp). I received notice that my order was released to dispatch but never received a tracking.

But in my limited experience with them the communication has been extremely pleasant and prompt so I don't really have any concerns.

• Like Like x 1
  15. mrfan5

mrfan5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a similar situation been waiting a little over a month for my items to ship and that includes the RH oversized starscream. I also order the jinbao warbotron a month ago but still no tracking :(  Please someone reassure me!

16. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Back when I ordered sixshot from him it took forever for him to ship, generally speaking he is very good at communicating so just try to open a dialog with him. I've gotten every single item I've ordered from him, with a bit of a delay usually but generally without trouble

17. mrfan5

mrfan5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks man I am already chatting with him. He seems like a great guy!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, I've always had a great experience speaking with him, the delays can be frustrating, but he is a small operation and my experience with his communication and actually getting everything I've ordered has been good

• Like Like x 1
  19. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:

There are some problems I've had with the site, but not Ben himself. He's been very helpful regardless.

Some of my problems included:

- Still waiting for replacement/missing part for my Mechanic Master (I gave up and re-ordered the entire toy from Sirtoys instead).

- Trying to pay by credit card via PayPal forces me to join PayPal (this isn't a problem at Sirtoys, but it's happened at a number of other sites with "pay by credit card via PayPal" links at other sites, so it's not a toybento problem, per sec).

- shipping can be expensive (I'm in Japan, so this is true for most sites, as "free shipping" offers don't usually apply to Japan for most sites).

I think the site is undergoing a revamp, so it will be good to see what it becomes. As for the service, I think Ben is effectively a reseller. He takes your orders and contacts all of the mysterious other sellers in China, so you don't have to, basically.

I'm looking forward to doing business with him again if I can.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Based on my understanding that is exactly what he does, I think I read on Facebook that he's relaunching the site in July and won't be taking profits anymore so he's effectively a middleman