Anyone else worried about the QC of figures coming in the next couple of months?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Alucard77, Feb 17, 2016.

1. edgecrusher

edgecrusher When yer featherin' it, brother TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Completely irrelevant to the point of this thread discussing CNY.

Has nothing to do with the discussion of how CNY may impact QC.

He may want to use blue text if that's the case, because some people would definitely say something that numbingly non sequitur and think it's a valid argument.

2. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    Let me explain it to you as bluntly as possible. Hopefully you manage to grasp it this time.

CNY is a non issue.

Let me repeat that, in case you didn't understand.

CNY is a non issue.

Now one last time, typed differently.

CNY doesn't matter in regards to issues with QC. CNY doesn't impact QC, because QC can either be good or bad, regardless of CNY.

Like any given day that ends in Y.

3. edgecrusher

News Credits:
    Wow dude, you're incorrigible. gg

4. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    Says the guy who brought up religion discussion when the missed point was that businesses tend to shut down for an extended period of time during stated holiday.

But, feel free to worry about QC issues only during the month of February, yeah? It's all fine the remaining 11 months out of the year.

5. edgecrusher

News Credits:
    Wow, dude, can you even read? ATLMYK brought up religion with his comment about "Christian countries" and I was the one who told him that's absurd.

Oh wait, now I see - you're just trolling me. Nicely done.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  6. MnemonicSyntax

News Credits:
    No, he brought up the HOLIDAY. It was an analogy to CNY, where EVERYONE CLOSES DOWN FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME. LIKE CNY.

Can you even read?

7. timcrook

timcrook Well-Known Member

What are the issues people are having with Fans Toys Spotter?

8. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know what if QC during CNY was a problem I'm 100% sure that it would not just be restricted to 3rd Party Transformers. Has anybody thought of that. I think they make more than just 3rd Party Transformers in China

9. edgecrusher

News Credits:
    No, not at all.

10. 0NightHawk0

0NightHawk0 Bring forth the Chaos

Like, yanno, legit Transformers ;D

But yes, I mean c'mon, the "Made in China" label comes up on all sorts of products. If QC was really that horribly during CNY then it would be a more widespread thing.

Besides...shouldn't worry so much about QC after CNY as much as before CNY, since factories shut down during CNY they will overburden themselves to get things ready before CNY, resulting in overload, resulting in influences in quality control.

Bottom line is bad or good QC will happen regardless of the time of the year, and as stated before by others, it will also depend on the company. Doomthinking about QC just because it's CNY is honestly, rather pointless.

11. Aphotic

Aphotic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This thread is all kinds of unbelievable. Whoever feels that QC will drop because of CNY must've been born yesterday because this cultural celebration has been going on before North America was colonized. Whoever said that this thread shouldn't exist is completely correct, what an asinine discussion.

The comparison to Christian counties shutting down in December is a great way to illustrate the ridiculousness of this non-issue, it's too bad that the validity of that will fall on deaf ears - that or people too quick to protect their own customs and jump to criticize others. Jeezes - I think I just got cancer from reading some of the replies.

Enjoy your figures, there's nothing more wrong with them than there usually will be. If something is broken, it's probably NOT because people are on vacation.

12. Destron UK

Destron UK G1 Dinobot Pro

News Credits:
    There's no such thing as a reputable 3P company. Any one of them can have problems with mass production and assembly lines.

13. blurrr-ed

blurrr-ed Well-Known Member

I beg to differ.

There are companies that do great work with the occasional defect.

There are companies that regularly fail to test their products, release a broken toy THEN put out fixes (and a few that straight up dont)

And there are the companies whose reach far outstrips their grasp. They struggle to match great designs with great production (intentional or unintentional) and produce substandard shite.

And the even bigger problem, some fanboys that accept this behaviour, put pressure on retailers and often defend these companies because their greedy little souls just want the complete G1 line up and attack anybody that has a different opinion (talking about you TFW Fanstoys and Xtransbots fans, how you doin').

My point is there are some substantial shades of grey

As for the original post about Chinese New Year effecting QC on figures... Dude, lighten up for god sake, thats paranoia and just plain ridiculous.

14. supafly

supafly Banned

I think it depends on what the company allows. Glaring issues like chipped paint or broken parts shouldn't even make it inside a box. I don't know how these things are assembled but I would think it's a human putting the various bits together. If the worker sees that the paint is all fucked up and assembles that part anyway, that's just shitty company guidelines. My Sphinx has big gashes on the feet and my thought when I saw it was "whoever put this thing together didn't give a shit". If MMC had guidelines in place and proper QC, such bad bad bad assembly wouldn't happen. The part would be chucked before it's even screwed on. Then again if the whole toy is assembled by machines, my opinion is complete poop.

If it's a problem with loose joints or a design issue, that I can see as a problem that can't be easily fixed by factory workers.

15. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    What I actually find the most annoying is that people who disagree have to be disrespectful and then bring the rest of the thread down with them. Calling people, dumb, asinine and so forth, while trying to prove their point, does no such thing.

The question, or thread here is not about if QC issues happen. They do, and for many different reasons. The question here is, even with good companies, can they be affected by QC issues that happen around this point.

If these QC issues DID NOT happen, then why would there be articles written about it and what companies need to do to try to decrease it's likely hood.

It may also depend on what you consider QC issues. Some people here only get pissed when QC is so bad you cannot really even play with the figure. There are definitely companies that have that level of horrible QC regardless of the time of the year.

There are other companies that have slight QC issues. These are the companies I am thinking of.

Also, historically, the first couple of waves from Hasbro which are around this time of the year, have had tons of QC issues. Buy the same figures in September, and your getting a different figure. I have been burnt this way more then I can count. It was only upon stumbling upon this thread did I think this may be part of the problem. NOT THE WHOLE ISSUE.

Still, the thing that bothers me more then all then that, is people with a complete lack of respect for others. It gets old TFW, I know we play with toys, but grow up already. You disagree, write your reason, in a respectful fashion and move on. Why you have to resort to disrespectful comments has to do more with your character.

16. timcrook

Are you going to name those companies?

17. supafly

supafly Banned

It's the Internet bud.. Don't let the assholes get you down as they are definitely the minority. They're like a nice big zit. It's small compared to the rest of the face, but it seems to "pop out". Same thing with the Internet clowns.

18. timcrook

To me it seems like you are confusing the number of defects (or the rate of defects) with QC.

Yeah I understand and agree that if you get a ton of new workers, they'll not be as good as the old ones with more experience. However, that only affects how many bad toys are made. Good QC procedures catch that before it gets shipped to stores.

19. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    I actually always confuse the two. I know the difference. But I consider QC the quality of the item as you get it at the end of the day. To me at least.

The thing I am worried about, is actually a combination of things. It seems more and more third party companies are competing with each other on the same character. With that, there is a rush to come to market first. Other companies are releasing more figures then they have in the past and at a much more rapid pace then in the past.

So I am fearing, that a good to great company, that normally would be able to control for these things previously, through diligence, may have issues.

While this would happen at all times of the year, there is a stronger likely hood that it would happen at this point of the year because of the items mentioned in the article.

At the end of the day, I could be horribly wrong, and if I am, then all the better for all of us. However, I personally feel like I have been burned around this time of the year in the past, and as recent as my last purchase.

Could it have been just poor QC in general? Very likely. Could it be the time of the year? I also think it could be likely. Especially since the second article talks about how companies make decisions to send out items with slight QC issues.

20. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    A retailer just updated me with some qc stats, mainly FT and Badcube. I only took a quick look but it appears that FT really improved, I think I saw something like 5% qc reject rate for ft merc, when generally ft runs in the 10-15% range. I'll post tonight when I get a sec.

Edit- ft merc had 0% and ft spotter was 5%. Numbers are subject to change as people disacover issues of course.