Anyone else tired of WFC?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Chaddicus, Aug 30, 2010.

1. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:

er, I'm pretty sure some of those are opinions.

2. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haven't touched multiplayer yet. Played single player, and I liked that, so I'm sure I will go through again sometime and go achievement hunting..not really missing multiplayer, but I'm afraid when I finally feel like playing it people have moved on to different games. This is a common problem with online games 'lately'.

3. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transforming mostly pointless? Hate to break it to you, but that's definitely JUST your opinion.

I also enjoyed the story, not that I plan to revisit it or anything, but it was engaging enough the first time through that I wanted to finish it before moving on to multiplayer.

It's definitely a fantastic starting point to hopefully a line of tf games to come.

4. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'm not trying to start a fight or attack you, mighty Sage, but ....
    when has the hardcore fan base every been satisified? There is always gonna be something to nitpick & complain about. But that's what opinions & message boards are for.

Not sure how the story is dull & repetitive. The Decepticons fight to get the Dark Energon & defeat Zeta Prime & Omega Supreme; (You get to kill a Prime & defeat the Greatest Autobot Guardian!!!) thus starting their revolutionary conquest of Cybertron. Sounds pretty exciting to me. Prime takes command, goes to the core of Cybertron gets the matrix, defeats freakin Trypticon, & starts a planetary evacuation. Sounds even more exciting.
    I don't agree with elements of the story, but I still can't classify it as dull or repetitive. Those boss battles were fairly epic.

Character development? It's an action shooter game with characters most fans already know intimately. Not sure what kind of development you were asking for. Just like the G1 toon as far as development.. :wink: .. This was not an RPG.

Backgrounds dull & monochrome??? that is definately an opinion.
    It's CYBERTRON! a mechanical world....based on what we've seen for 25 years, where Cybertron locations are usually only 2 or 3 colors, I think High Moon did a pretty 'accurate' depiction & topped it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the game is flawed because all you basically do is SHOOT?
    Well it is classified as a SHOOTER game. It is about the War for Cybertron. In war you usually shoot your enemy. Or blow them up. Or melee them with the optional Axe, Hammer, Maul, Morningstar, etc... doing it as a team, individually or objectively in various locations or Escalations....
    Not sure how that is a flaw, if that's what it was advertised & sold as.

But too each his own.

What more were the hard core fans asking for? I'm very curious.
    Because other then the unplanned glitches were did High Moon go wrong from what was promised?

5. GMANIFESS

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    AGREED.
    Anyone who hasn't transformed into Truck & rammed someone into oblivion obviously missed something. Or transforming into a jet, bombing a location from long distance, only to boost to the location, transform & use an energon Mace to finish off anyone you missed, only to transform & fly away without taking a hit is very satisfying. Or to run out of ammo in bot mode, transform into a car & annilate your enemies with your fully auto mounted machine guns. That's not pointless, that's flavor.

I really think a lot of people are sleepin on the full scale transforming combat of this game.

6. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Yeah, agreed. There's something fulfilling about seeing Autobots running at you and while being Megatron, you transform into alt mode, blow away the ensuing party and transform back again into robot mode and you keep going.

7. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    But the exact same effect could be achieved by just standing there and shooting them. There's no narrow corridors built only for small Bumblebee-like cars, or even barricades to smash through with tanks and trucks. There are only really two times in the whole game that you have to transform; the jet levels, and the effect is little more than just requiring your character to put on a rocket pack in any other game. If you can only make it necessary to transform twice in a damn Transformers game, then that's just sad.

8. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guess we should differentiate between single and multiplayer. Transforming is crucial in multiplayer. Your mileage depends on what mode you play more.

9. GMANIFESS

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would personally be pissed if there were numerous times were I HAD to transform.
    What about all those roadways & paths in & around Iacon, no way I'm walking when I can transform & roll out, that Paging Ratchet trophy is best used in Truck mode. Defeating Zeta Prime is easier when you use your alternate form to run away faster. The few times you need to run from Omega Supreme is best suited for alt mode, there is a bunch of times, and best of all is when you run out of ammunition, alt mode weapons come in handy.

I don't think it's about having to transform. But the option TO transform if & when you want to. Same as displaying your TF's on a shelf, you got options. Most of us are gonna go robot mode most of the time, but the option was captured in this game in my opinion.
    And I definately agree that you need to master both forms in multiplayer.

10. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

IT... IS... STILL... YOUR... OPINION. The multiplayer has glitches, fact. However, the Transforming is NOT pointless. The story is NOT dull and repetitive. The characters ARE decently developed. The backgrounds and maps are NOT dull (though they are kinda monochrome). And its a shooter, what's so wrong with that?

The point I'm trying to make is STOP trying to pass on your opinions as fact over other people's opinions. STOP implying that that your views are absolute "fact" and thus negates the opinions of everyone else. Its immature and insulting. Just as you're entitled to to believe the game to be dull and repetitive, myself and others are entitled to believe that the game is fun and entertaining. So stop it!

I honestly thought better of you, Sage.

11. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Yo, dude, it's not Revenge of the Fallen we're talking about here.

12. Kranix

Kranix Banned

i too feel transforming was pointless. except for one scene where bumblebee needed to transform to get through a hole to open a lock, and some of the arial scenes where you either transform or fall, i played the entire game in robot mode. yes i could transform and do other things, but i really want a compelling reason to, there is none.

13. E. C. R. Former

You mean you traversed all those highway stages on foot? :sly2:  Boy, you sure got a lot of patience and tenacity.

14. GMANIFESS

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can understand that, but that's why we have Trophies/Achievements.

I guess you didn't get the MOTORMASTER or RAMHORN trophy/achievementS & you walked all those roadways & paths in Iacon. Some of which you needed to be in vehicle mode to make the jump easily. Guess you utilized the Dash move a lot in the campaign. That sounds like no fun.

No wonder people didn't enjoy the game if they walked everywhere instead of transforming & rolling out.... :inquisiti 

15. Kranix

Kranix Banned

i have played through the game 4 times... the last time in bot mode just to see if i could

16. GMANIFESS

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WOW. Impressive. I don't think I could do it.
    What's your preferance in multiplayer?

17. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Wow, people really don't want to admit that there are problems with WFC. Glad I didn't mention the multiplayer, or I'd probably have more shit on my hands.

As for my complaint about how there's no variation in the gameplay, I don't know why none of you picked up on why I was complaining.

This happens to be a TRANSFORMERS game, so why aren't there racing segments where it is necessary for the TRANSFORMING TRANSFORMERS to TRANSFORM into their alt modes? The fact that these segments don't exist are totally my opinion, right?

And don't give me that shit about the game being better in multiplayer. If I wanted to pay $60 for good multiplayer, I would go out and buy ODST.

I'm way too busy to reply to everything, you guys can continue to believe I'm forcing my totally wrong opinion of this perfect game on you, but this one post is something that I did want to address.

And Sso02V summed it up perfectly.

Yep, this is totally our opinion. lolwait, no. No it isn't.

This was pretty funny though.

:lolol 

18. GMANIFESS

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So you wanted some platforming, some racing & maybe some puzzle solving that MADE you transform into your alternate mode to complete the task/level to mix up the gameplay instead of just straight-up shoot/kill with options to transform to shoot/kill ?

19. E. C. R. Former

Well, of course there are problems with the game: everybody admits that the game is flawed, even those who love it. My problem was that you were arguing that your opinions on the level of severity of the flaws were fact over the opinions of myself and others.

The point, is we don't like being told that the game is dull when a good many of us don't think so.

You mean you wre expecting a platformer/puzzle game? Hate to break it to you but we knew months before had that this game was a shooter. And that's precisely what we got, a shooter, plain and simple.

20. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I wanted strategic logical transforming in my Transformers game. The stuff you listed too would be nice, but at least transforming.

Really not that much to ask. If there was that (and couch co-op and no more glitches and improved story and more ammo...), it would probably be a much better Transformers game.

No, seriously, how are you guys getting that? I was expecting useful TRANSFORMING.