Anyone else tired of Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by nobleboivin, Mar 26, 2014.

1. zl198

zl198 Active Member

Ebay:
    Actually I wasnalways waiting for the best version of bee but there are lots of choices including the KO’s so finally I decided not to buy.

2. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I'm completely burnt out on his current incarnation.

He doesn't even have much of a character in the new movie, he's basically just a pet. No voice, no memory, and zero agency of his own. Hell unlike the rest of the autobots he didn't have a name, just a number.

It was basically a horse movie.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy "Someone has to do the fun stuff." - Moon Knight

Bumblebee as of late became more of an Cliffjumper clone.

4. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Available by prescription only

News Credits:
    After TLK I became an avid Bee hater, Im tired of him being shoved in my face everywhere and on everything Transformer related.

Fortunately BB made me like the character again, like how can you hate that adorable cutie ???

5. prowl07

prowl07 Well-Known Member

Yeah. There are more interesting and underused characters.

• Like Like x 1
  6. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll be honest, I was tired of Bumblebee after bayformers and Prime, but RID2015 and the Bumblebee movie kind of reinvigorated my ability to enjoy the character. Cyberverse Bumblebee is wearing that back down though.

7. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I’m just tired of Bumblebee not being able to talk. That said, I still enjoyed the Bumblebee movie. I just hope that if this new continuity continues (and I hope it does) that his voice is restored in the sequels. The talking through the radio thing has gone on way too long IMO. I don’t mind him being a Camero again, just please give him his voice back.

• Like Like x 2
  8. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I haven't seen the Bumblebee movie yet. I was fine with Bee until the Last Knight. In that movie he was just a tag along character for the sake of it. (Except when he spoke to Prime, I loved that scene. )
    And then I found out he was getting a solo movie. Why him? He's already been the robot star of every movie so far...

9. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Seeing the new movie made me feel like Bumblebee was some sort of temper-less pet. I usually like the character as he is quite a key one and as he doesn’t talk but I kind of disliked him sometimes in the movie. Sometimes he feels too fragile and that’s something that bugs me as Transformers are reassuring for me...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Not G1 Bumblebee but Movie, Aligned and Cyberverse, definitely.

He’s just stupid in the Bumblebee movie. How does losing your voice turn you into a mentally challenged clumsy incompetent doofus?

• Like Like x 3
  11. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Losing his voice made him fit the ET trope, which is what actually reduces lost aliens to pet status.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Strykerprimex

Strykerprimex Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I'm kinda half and half on the subject. I was more pissed that they made him mute and double pissed because they tried placing him into the "Hot Rod" position. Then killing off. Liffju per just made it all worse.

13. OmegaTaco Supreme

OmegaTaco Supreme Shut up Blur! ~The Rude Awakening of Optimus TFW2005 Supporter

I liked the new BB movie Bee till he changed into a Camaro. I just muttered to myself "For the love of God" Also stop making him a mute. Its tired and old.

14. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire FUNCTION: INTERCEPTOR

News Credits:
    I don't understand how anybody can like Bumblebee especially after the last movie. People HATE this type of character in other movies. To me Bumblebee is just like Rey & look how much hate Rey gets because she's a "Mary Sue", totally over powered, unstoppable, GOD MODE. Everybody complains that Rey became a full Jedi with no training while Luke took 3 movies to develop. Bumblebee is supposed to be a scout but they've made him more powerful than Optimus Prime. And that doesn't bother anybody. Bumblebee cannot be stopped or killed.

In the first movie Jazz got ripped in half at the waist. And HE DIED! Why did he die??? His spark wasn't destroyed. Bumblebee got his legs blown off & didn't die. Jazz could have easily been repaired, Ratchet was right fucking there! Then in TLK Bumblebee gets blown apart & just magically reforms with no explanation. And in the last movie Blitzwing fucked him up. No way he survived that. We saw tons of Decepticons get killed by far less damage at the end of ROTF. Just a couple shots from human weapons & DEAD! In the last movie he took a shot that was supposed to finish him off. But nope! Charlie just pumped him with some random electricity & he was good as new. Bumblebee survives everything just to keep the stupid, poorly written story moving along.

Also did everybody forget that the Decepticons basically won the war? The Decepticons aren't stupid! The Autobots were driven off their planet because the Decepticons kicked their asses. But every Decepticon that gets close to Bumblebee goes full retard & forgets how to fight. They just stand there as Bumblebee climbs all over them & rips them apart. I can't stand that shit but nobody else seems to notice.

An awesome movie like Godzilla King Of The Monsters gets torn apart by a bunch of tiny little insignificant nitpicks that shouldn't have even been noticed. But all these huge problems with Bumblebee get overlooked for some reason. I wouldn't even be a Transformers fan if it weren't for the toys. I have to ignore pretty much everything now except the toys. The video games were also good but unfortunately they stopped making them. I used to love the movies but TLK & Bumblebee ruined them for me. The toys are becoming such a huge rip-off that I'm probably gonna drop them too after Omega Supreme, Jetfire & Piranacon. I just can't do it anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  15. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Great post.

16. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Immutable opponent of negativity

YouTube:
    Honestly love this. Thank You.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blackout32

Blackout32 MEGADETH - Rust in Peace

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Yes to a point but it doesn't bother me.....as i answered the question from the orginal post. You also have to look at it as not just a fan but as a business and profit idea. Sure BB's is over used but that's why we also have choices so you as a fan can vote with your dollars. You can buy what you want and leave the BB's for the younglings and fans that only buy BB's stuff from underwear to figures.

18. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Are you looking forward to the second Masterpiece Bumblebee?

19. Prime of Shadows

Prime of Shadows Immutable opponent of negativity

YouTube:
    Not sure what other bumblebee he could be looking forward to. The others have already come out.

20. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    The post I quoted was from 2014.

• Like Like x 2