Anyone else sick of these damn stickers!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by supernova222, Nov 29, 2012.

1. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ok, im sure there are others out there who feel similarly and F$#@ing hate the stickers on the japanese toys. its a pain to line them up and get them on right. and if you don't put them on the figure doesn't even look right, as i saw with my new TFP smokescreen. i mean its stupid, there is no point to it but causing frustration. all it shows is that TakaraTomy is to damn lazy to do the paint details on the toys themselves. it just aggravates me so much. anyone else feel the same?

i mean with the arms microns figures, i might not mind as much if the stickers were already on or something

2. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it is fun to sticker. I worry about the longevity of them.

3. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    exactly, they aint gonna last. so it kinda ruins it if/when they do

4. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have never put the stickers on my Encore Omega Supreme, and I think he looks fine without them.

5. rosewater

rosewater Well-Known Member

Yes.

6. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    I agree. That's one reason I'm not bothering with Arms Micron. They cost more than the domestic release, yet don't even have paint apps?

One of the things I like about some of the reissues is that they replaced the stickers with tampographs where possible. On the reissues with stickers, I generally applied the ones absolutely needed to complete the character's look. Faction symbols, any used to cover screw holes, and "iconic" deco elements. Otherwise, it stayed on the sheet.

But in general, unless its a Reprolabel sheet to restore a figure or add missing deco, I don't like stickers.

7. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hate stickers. They peel off, and the idiot that I am, I never seem to apply them right.

Would much rather have all details done in paint apps and tampograph, atlhough I'm aware stickers are a cost-cutting measure.

8. Hosta

Hosta Banned

well i'd rather have had the Kabaya Fort Maxs face painted on, than stickered on! + it was a laborious task of putting the stickers on the teeny tiny bots that came with him(would rather that those had been painted too!).

9. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Coming from a childhood of G1 TF and G.I. Joe, I personally love stickers. I have spent hundred upon hundreds of dollars at Reprolabels.com over the years.

10. Spyne98

Spyne98 Host of the Rock Nerd Radio Show

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Personally, I dislike them.

11. zappatton2

zappatton2 Well-Known Member

I also very much enjoy applying stickers to G1 figures. For things like the MP line, definitely go with paint apps (as they do anyway), but for G1's, the stickers are part of the fun. The only thing I hate are some figures (first gen Pretenders, I'm looking at you, Finback's arms in particular) who's stickers just don't stay on. And I do kinda hope Encore Fort Max has paint apps for eyes, I always thought it was weird that such a large, complex figure would have sticker eyes.

12. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Not true at all. Try doing some research. their market research showed there was an interest for applying stickers, building the microns, etc. Japanese children eat this stuff up, apparently. Is it possible you're not in their demographic?

13. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    I don't mind them that much since it reminds me of putting stickers on my G2 figs. What I don't like however is when you get stuck with that sticker sheet that just wasn't cut right and all the stickers are wonky.

It's kind of funny though I don't mind stickers with my transformers, yet when it comes to Lego I say GTFO stickers.:lol 

14. BW megatron

BW megatron tiran

I hate stickers and decals

15. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

Some stickers are perfectly fine, some are just horrid...especially where you're supposed to put them.

I don't want to be "that guy", but a balance is fine.

On my Encore Reissues, I only put half of the stickers on. Tweezers and patience.

I have used reprolabels on some of my Classics-verse figures, giving them the G1 feel.

I have also used the Jumpstarter sets from them to make my Jumpstarter army look better. As you can see not all the stickers are used on each of them.

16. icewolf74

icewolf74 Well-Known Member

I love putting stickers on Transformers. I was a young kid during the G1 period and that was part of the fun whenever I got a new Transformer. It gave you a bit more for your money of being able to do something other than having a robot/vehicle to play with. To this day, I still like putting stickers on Transformers.

17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Yep, the Japanese love their hobbies involving model kits. Half of pretty much every online Japanese import store like HLJ is dedicated to model kits of just about anything (HLJ themselves have a section completely devoted to Gundam kits).

I dunno about the legality of this, but if the longetivity of stickers is of major concern, maybe hitting up Reprolabels to see if they can produce replacements of higher quality as they do with G1 stickers would be worth looking into, although not anytime soon since Arms Micron is still in production.

18. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Unless you live in Japan, I don't think Takara-Tomy cares since you're not their target audience. Personally, I don't think the stickers are too bad, and can, in fact, look good, like AM Skywarp. And I quote, don't be an Ultra Magnus; just deal with it.

19. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I certainly disagree with the notion that Takara utilizing stickers = laziness. Not true at all. It's simply something different for them to do while trying to reach a demographic.

With that said, I agree with the notion that stickers suck ass. Hate them.

20. JukeOutlander

JukeOutlander Combat Antihero

News Credits:
    They're fun. As long as you keep in mind that it's not gonna be perfect most of the time, and they'll most likely peel off sooner or later.