Anyone else see the size errors?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Superion33, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

I made a comment about this on another thread but decided to see if my perception of size distortions was true or false. So I got a screen cap:

[​IMG]

Hope that pic shows up.

Anyways, if you look at it, Sari is sitting down and she is already about 1/4 of the size bumblebee is. If she stands up, I'm guessing she'll probably be about half the size bumblebee is. And that is a little 8 year old girl. A full sized human would basically be about the same size as bumblebee.

Here is another pic:

[​IMG]

In that pic, the human is only about a quarter as tall as Bumblebee.

I know that G1 had some height errors too, but you always saw Starscream or Megatron holding an entire person in the palm of their hand. Animated is just lazy and I think they are taking the Teen Titans thing too far and making the TFs into superheroes in both powers AND size.

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    look at it this way the smaller scale allows for a more reasonable scale when it comes to having the autobots interact with the humans as opposed to the movies where they had to strain there necks looking 30 feet in the air.

3. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

so your telling me u just noticed transformers are not in constant scale?

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  5. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

So the reason that a CARTOON character won't have to strain their neck is why the size error is ok?

C'mon... If Bumblebee transformed he'd be lucky to convert into a powerwheels toy at that size. Bulkhead would only turn into a small SUV - not a huge armored truck.

6. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Hey, thats a great idea! Just because its been messed up before, its ok to keep messing up again. Hey, I know! Since TFs have had random errors in it before like 2 Starscreams in one image or Starscream transforming into a jet and in the next screen he is magically back in bot mode - we should have more of those! We could have Bumblebee in Bulkhead's colors and Ratchet in Bumblebee's colors even. C'mon guys, I am only asking for some quality. Why are you trying to defend shoddy quality?

7. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    mass shifting

8. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unless you pull a Conceptron and make a better one, be thankful for what you're getting.

9. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Oh no, you found the animated forum!

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1444074C432PxH2

4:58

LOL... True...

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

I will leave it at that.

Mods please take notice. I only placed a simple discussion about size. I don't see why the personal attacks are necessary. I was debating a subject and was beginning to be attacked.

I don't see why nobody can make a negative comment without doing it themselves. That is beyond preposterous. If I don't like how McDonalds makes its burgers does that mean I have to go and make a burger franchise on my own? I have no idea why Conceptron even allowed himself to be bullied. I wish the mods would take notice of this behavior...

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it just me or you just used G1 MEGATRON as scale example?

You know, the dude with the freaking MASS-SHIFTING GUN ALT MODE.

12. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

You know, the only real mass shifting that occured with any real regularity was Omega Supreme, Megatron, Soundwave and a few others.

Eitherways, if you had read my previous posts I admitted to how G1 had errors of its own (the comment about Starscream transforming in one scene, and in the very next scene he was still a robot was from a G1 show). I knew it was an error then and I know this is an error now.

The mass shifting for G1 was done with a purpose. Megatron in robot mode was always the same in size in robot mode in relation to other robots and humans. He never was almost the same size as a human. In Animated, its just lazy how they make the robots whatever scale they want. Take this picture for example:

[​IMG]

If you were to take the pic in the background as a point of reference, Optimus would be about 7 - 10 feet tall. Its just shoddy quality.

I am not trying to rain on your parade. If you like animated, more power to you. But shoddiness like that is a sign of a bad show for me. i never noticed stuff like that in Batman Animated or KND or any other good quality show. If you like Animated, thats fine. However, there is nothing wrong in admitting one or two errors. It doesn't make it less of a show if you do. You can still like something and admit its faults...

13. nkelsch

So pointing out Ultra Magnus holding constructicons like baby dolls is a personal attack?

• Like Like x 1
  14. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Well duh, it's because Animated is clearly the BEST THING EVER. The writing is so deep - I was crying so hard when Blackarachnia was sad. And it's the funniest show ever too! I was on the floor in hysterics that time that Bulkhead did something clumsy.

As for scale, it's worth noting that Animated Bumblebee is a much smaller car than movie Bee. Movie Bee also seems to stretch out a lot. Still, Sari is out of scale.

15. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

No, that is why I said you were attacking me. Its clear what your intent is. And frankly, I am not going to sit through 20 mins of a show to try and decipher what your point was. If you aren't going to take the time out and AT LEAST tell me what it is I am supposed to look for, I am not going to take MY time out to read your mind...

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The pic is in the background, there's no errors, use better examples.
    The Sari one isn't even too much of a stretch considering BBB's car mode is smaaaall and if the errors was that bad just like Spike being the same size as BBB loooong time ago there's enough rights to make up for it, such as the scene where you see Bulkhead and Sari side by side at Sound and Fury, you talk like there's size problems 100% of the time.
    And stop acting like you read my mind or something, there's no errors to admit for me if there's nothing that bothers me.

I'm also not even going to comment on the KND/Batman thing because I hate KND and never saw the new Batman.

17. nkelsch

I think your thread should be titled "does anyone care about the size errors?" because almost all cartoons have constant fudging on sizes and it doesn't hamper the enjoyment of the viewer unless they are trying to be annoyed. G1 did it all the time but it didn't actually cause a problem, interrupt enjoyment or impacted the story until we got the extreme of Carnage in C Minor. When Animated becomes that bad, then maybe it would be an issue.

I don't think any of the examples of size in animated are glaring, impact the story or upset the viewer. If it does impact your enjoyment then so be it, but you have made it clear that the whole series is repulsive to you. It gets to a point where you seem to be re-watching the show you hate in order to find more reasons to hate it which is pretty counter-productive. For many of us size-fudging is common and expected in animation and doesn't particularly bother a lot of people. It is cartoony Animation as a medium for storytelling.

Edit: And your example of Prime and crew at the art gallery is WAAAAAAAAAAY off.. Why? Because they are at BULKHEAD'S art show which means the paintings on the walls are painted by him which means at least 10 foot canvases. And since they have the 20 foot robot that shut down the reactor in this place with plenty of headroom, you can see that the scale of the art on the walls and the ceilings is perfectly in-line with the transformers. The scene right before it shows humans next to these massive artworks INETIONALLY. Are you just poking through screenshots or are you watching these episodes? If you are intentionally disregarding the context of the images to make your point it doesn't help you at all.

http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=vie...13_Headmaster_0315.jpg&dispsize=800&start=200

The art on the wall is shown to be very large... Making the next scene with Prime perfectly consistent. It doesn't mean prime is 7 feet tall for standing next to a 2 foot tall picture.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Inconstant scale has plagued every 2D TF show from what I can remember.
    Luckily we haven't had that many animation errors other than the scale.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Just to let you know, I'm not attacking you, I just gotta say:

All G1 TFs mass-shifted on the show. From robot to vehicle mode was mass-shifting.

G1 Ironhide for example. 'Nuff said.

20. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good, because that wouldn't help you out at all. Maybe reading what he said would.