Anyone else sad no Transformers Universe toys announcement?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Risko_Vinsheen, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Risko_Vinsheen

Risko_Vinsheen Well-Known Member

Seriously. One of the things I was most hoping for was an announcement that some of the new characters from Transformers Universe would make it into toy form.

Deluxe Catapult, Drive-By, Mismatch, Overclock, Macro
    Voyager Showdown, Rampart, Shellshock

These characters have great designs and something the franchise tends to lack... new blood (er... energon) in the ranks.

Maybe they're saving it for SDCC? :poke  Eh, Hasbro? Please?

2. SegaGenesis

SegaGenesis Headmaster

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Meh. It's a free to play/pay to win browser game. Forgive me if I don't have high expectations of success.

3. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

Yes, very much so! I want any and all characters that can work into the Aligned continuity, and the TFU characters look AMAZING.

4. Risko_Vinsheen

I really don't see how it could be considered pay to win when the real money equivalent can be earned in the game instead of paying for it. All you buy is getting it slightly quicker.

5. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

Exactly. Pay to win.

You pay to get better than everyone else

6. Risko_Vinsheen

No really... how is it pay to win? Pay to win implies you pay for a noticeable gameplay advantage over people who don't pay. The ability to obtain everything ingame without paying completely negates the argument that it's pay to win. This is the business model all free to play games use to earn money. The only advantage is getting things faster, but non-paying customers can still grind a little to obtain the exact same thing. Have money but not time? Buy the thing. Have time but not money? Grind it out. This is the furthest from pay to win I've seen in a free to play game since they became a thing.

But that's not what this thread was about.